FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

Macross street brings you the numbers 1,2 and 3...

I like 02, but whether 01 and 03 are to be obtained is the question...

* i know the other option is all three..*cue the count...

nice pics as always saburo!

Edited by seti88

Managed to see a brief unboxing of the Fext Hobby's Assessories set in Cantonese* by Toys TV HK.

* Foreign Language barrier if you don't understand it, however you should get the overall picture.

48DADA59-845E-425E-9A53-A171812C98BB.jpeg.ca772facf49b32bec981bd87b06c9830.jpeg

I wanted to see how much shipping would be for 6 or 10 sets but it doesn’t show up.  I’ll check later and order because I don’t want to be limited to just 2 sets.  It would be nice to get all of the armors with them in the same order.

4 hours ago, Saburo said:

Sci-Fi 03 Display Set is now up for PO, I collaborated with FEXT and designed the plates. :D Hope you like it.

https://fext-hobby.myshopify.com/collections/fext-system/products/sci-fi-03

I knew you helped them but didn’t know that you actually designed the plates. I was waiting for these too :) gonna order a few. 

Anyone knows if their compatible display arm will be available soon? 

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Looks great! Looks like I'll need a couple of sets.

Thank you @Lolicon

Looking forward to you pics when you get the sets. :good:

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I just emailed them about the shipping so I’ll see what they say.

Nice!  it would be good to get everything shipped at once, but that is also going to be a really heavy box. :shok:

4 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I knew you helped them but didn’t know that you actually designed the plates. I was waiting for these too :) gonna order a few. 

Anyone knows if their compatible display arm will be available soon? 

Yes, they asked me to design a set after I made my set, I was more than happy to design the set.  I tried to make it a bit different than my set and keep a general sci-fi theme so it can be used in all genre of figures. :D

4 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

It looks like I can’t proceed past the shipping option, then I can’t finish the pre order... sad :(

You should drop them an email.

Very nice and congrats @Saburo!

It’s cool they included more plates and translucent ceiling but I really want those translucent wall dividers in the OG design. Either way, I’ll probably end up ordering at least one. Consider me enabled after just swearing off buying any more of these things. :lol:

On 7/7/2019 at 2:37 PM, Slave IV said:

Very nice and congrats @Saburo!

It’s cool they included more plates and translucent ceiling but I really want those translucent wall dividers in the OG design. Either way, I’ll probably end up ordering at least one. Consider me enabled after just swearing off buying any more of these things. :lol:

Thanks @Slave IV! I am very pleased with how it turned out, especially with the large setup.  Although it doesn't come with the translucent connectors,  a friend of mine is planning to modify the grey connectors by installing LEDs.

25 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thanks @Slave IV! I am very pleased with how it turned out, especially with the large setup.  Although it doesn't come with the translucent connectors,  a friend of mine is planning to modify the grey connectors by installing LEDs.

I'd love to see how that turns out!

Their response about the shipping:

“Due to our shop shipping weight setting is within 5kg, 10 sets SCI-FI 03 will be around 18kg, that’s why u couldn’t place the order.  

Checked with Hong Kong post office, there are 2 shipping options by air parcel:
1) Ship 10 sets individually - US$21.29/set

2) Ship 1 complete lot(10 sets altogether) - US$257/ lot.”

Shipping for 2 sets is $42.58.  The maximum number of sets that can be ordered together per order is 2.  Looks like I’ll be making multiple orders of 2 sets per order.  Shipping comes out cheaper than ordering all 10 together in one order.

Ordered 2 sets of Sci-Fi 03 so far.  I’ll spread out the rest of the orders.  Who knows.  Maybe eventually I’ll order enough sets to hold all of my HMR Destroids and 6 Monsters.  :)

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Their response about the shipping:

“Due to our shop shipping weight setting is within 5kg, 10 sets SCI-FI 03 will be around 18kg, that’s why u couldn’t place the order.  

Checked with Hong Kong post office, there are 2 shipping options by air parcel:
1) Ship 10 sets individually - US$21.29/set

2) Ship 1 complete lot(10 sets altogether) - US$257/ lot.”

Shipping for 2 sets is $42.58.  The maximum number of sets that can be ordered together per order is 2.  Looks like I’ll be making multiple orders of 2 sets per order.  Shipping comes out cheaper than ordering all 10 together in one order.

The sets are kind of heavy and I can see why they made 2 the limit as to save on shipping costs.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I like the addition of a translucent ceiling so I can easily stick a couple of small LED lights above in addition to my regular lamps.

Yes, the roof acts as a nice diffuser.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Ordered 2 sets of Sci-Fi 03 so far.  I’ll spread out the rest of the orders.  Who knows.  Maybe eventually I’ll order enough sets to hold all of my HMR Destroids and 6 Monsters.  :)

Nice, I look forward to seeing the full display setup!

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I think two sets will be good for my purposes. 

I am looking forward to seein your shots!

On 7/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, jenius said:

Man they can take their time... every month seems expensive right now!

I am there with you, my wallet is cringing thinking about the next couple of months of releases.

Edited by Saburo

5 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I am there with you, my wallet is cringing thinking about the next couple of months.

Tell me about it. Gotta pay for 3x VF-31E and MC Gundam this month. Probably a couple more things I forgot about until I get a billing notice from my CC. :huh:

Nice, I only managed to get 2x 31E, and one of them's from an Amazon Japan 3rd party (at roughly NY mark-up price).

There's still the 51, the VF-1A, and the VF-1S coming down the line though. Plus some other assorted things.

I guess at least I've already paid for the Stampede and Strike sets.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

21 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Tell me about it. Gotta pay for 3x VF-31E and MC Gundam this month. Probably a couple more things I forgot about until I get a billing notice from my CC. :huh:

I am pretty much the same as you for this month.

August is gonna hurt.  
VF-31S Armored Part (Paid)
SV-51
GFFMC Zaku Char Ver
Ride Armor Blow Superior
SoC GoLion reissue

Good thing some orders are paid for and the cheaper shipping option keeps costs down.  More money to spend.  Ready to order the Armors to make the HMR toys even more cool.

29 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I am pretty much the same as you for this month.

August is gonna hurt.  
VF-31S Armored Part (Paid)
SV-51
GFFMC Zaku Char Ver
Ride Armor Blow Superior
SoC GoLion reissue

Reissue? You missed out on the initial release? I'm shocked and chagrined! :o

Your August list is identical to mine, aside from GoLion!

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Reissue? You missed out on the initial release? I'm shocked and chagrined! :o

Your August list is identical to mine, aside from GoLion!

Nope I didn't miss out, just getting a 2nd one. :D

Ok, back to the normal thread.