FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

I went ahead and preordered Set A and B for the 1/60 Valkyries. Hope it will get enough preorders. Good thing is that I have two naked VF-1S from Arcadia and since they don't seem to do standalone SSP sets anymore they are prime candidates for this add-on set.

Do we know if the original designer for the Thunder Hummer is on board for FextHobbys endeavor? 

14 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Saburo, you made an amazing work for this custom base. I totally want one now! 

One question though, have you tried to assemble a portion of the hanger in the detolf? Because I would absolutely try to have it permanently displayed in the detolf if it can fit somehow 

@Xigfrid Thank you! The FEXT System is cool, but it does have some drawbacks.  I can go into that later.

When I got the parts I had wanted to putting the parts into a detold but haven't gotten around to doing it.  I should have some time tonight to take a detolf shot for you.

3 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@Xigfrid Thank you! The FEXT System is cool, but it does have some drawbacks.  I can go into that later.

When I got the parts I had wanted to putting the parts into a detold but haven't gotten around to doing it.  I should have some time tonight to take a detolf shot for you.

Look forward to hearing your drawbacks. The one thing I noticed is since it was originally made for the HMR line, it doesn't fit well with the way a lot of my shelves are set up for bigger figures.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Look forward to hearing your drawbacks. The one thing I noticed is since it was originally made for the HMR line, it doesn't fit well with the way a lot of my shelves are set up for bigger figures.

One of the main drawbacks is the walls, since they are flat printed pieces there is no physical 3D depth to them, unlike the Kotobukiya chain bases.  You can simulate depth with the printed graphic but when you view it at certain angles it won't look right.

They are designed to expand to accommodate different sized figures/toys, but printed graphic has to be designed to that they will look right with different scaled figures. Hope that makes sense.

4 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Looking forward to your next photos!

Just posted a new one. :)

Edited by Saburo

24 minutes ago, Saburo said:

One of the main drawbacks is the walls, since they are flat printed pieces there is no physical 3D depth to them, like the Kotobukiya .  You can simulate depth with the printed graphic but when you view it at certain angles it won't look right.

They are designed to expand to accommodate different sized figures/toys, but printed graphic has to be designed to that they will look right with different scaled figures. Hope that makes sense.

Just posted a new one. :)

Definitely makes sense. Thanks for the feedback!

14 hours ago, spanner said:

it does indeed! nice work Saburo! :good:

Thank you @spanner :good:

13 hours ago, seti88 said:

Saburo, was the display backdrop size customed to fit a detolf shelf or just so happened to fit the detolf perfectly out of the box?

nice!

@seti88 the parts are right out the box, no cutting or modifications made.  Here are the dimensions. 

Base: 3 x 4 tiles
Wall: 2 x 3 plates

5 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

That’s amazing! I will add one system to my owl armors order. BTW, any chance they will use your design as standard release @Saburo

@Xigfrid Yes, it pretty cool.  Please see my notes above for the dimensions.

As for the my design as a regular release, no they will not.  I know that they will announce a 2nd standard "sci-fi" release.

5 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Thanks for sharing @Saburo....been looking for something that would fit nicely into a detolf.

@sumyumgoy you are most welcome. :D

Edited by Saburo

I just realized that these display bases are apparently made of the same components as what comes with the 1/100 armor. So if you had several of the 1/100 armor sets, you could put something like that together, minus the graphics.

Looks like you’d basically need to buy two of the sci-fi system sets they sell in order to have enough parts to assemble in the Detolf the way that @Saburo did.

And @sh9000, that armor painted like the GBP does look cool.

On 9/30/2018 at 1:07 AM, sh9000 said:

A17F035D-2157-4002-A15E-38C8B794D8FF.jpeg.e6c51024eaac0d145920f93478b47818.jpeg

This looks kind of cool.

I wish Fext Hobby would release some colored armors. I don't know if they're simply paying an homage to the source material and/or trying to save money, but having white armor with uninspired trims looks pretty bland. While rehashing the GBP's color scheme would probably draw unwanted attention from Big West and Bandai's attorneys, there's got to be someone in Fext Hobby who can put together a brilliant color scheme for this armor.

On 10/1/2018 at 10:58 PM, TheLoneWolf said:

I wish Fext Hobby would release some colored armors. I don't know if they're simply paying an homage to the source material and/or trying to save money, but having white armor with uninspired trims looks pretty bland. While rehashing the GBP's color scheme would probably draw unwanted attention from Big West and Bandai's attorneys, there's got to be someone in Fext Hobby who can put together a brilliant color scheme for this armor.

Like the Urban Camo. I've been on the fence with these, but that would be a hard one to pass up.