FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

They had one also in HMR scale.....think they just use it to demonstrate how the armor looks when it's mounted...sort of like a mannequin but much cooler!  They should sell it also!

Yeah! You're right. Now that you mention it, I recall that they used the 1:100 scale one to show off some gimmicks (like the seat gimmick). 

It would be quite tempting (for me anyway) if they ended up offering clear "stand-in" Valks as part of an armour display or hangar motiff. I do like how the 1:60 scale model pictured above resembles a VF-1J. Very cool indeed.

5 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Yeah! You're right. Now that you mention it, I recall that they used the 1:100 scale one to show off some gimmicks (like the seat gimmick). 

It would be quite tempting (for me anyway) if they ended up offering clear "stand-in" Valks as part of an armour display or hangar motiff. I do like how the 1:60 scale model pictured above resembles a VF-1J. Very cool indeed.

yeah, honstly those would sell like hotcakes.  i'd get a few if they were released and priced well.

Edited by Mechapilot77

25 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Cool, but what’s the actual cost going to be?  I guess because they’re larger they won’t have so many different styles?  Maybe not painted either?

12 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Cool, but what’s the actual cost going to be?  I guess because they’re larger they won’t have so many different styles?  Maybe not painted either?

Per the PO links....

A deposit of US$15. is required for each Pre-order (Product Price: US$ 77.90). Deposit will be refunded if the campaign doesn’t reach 600 pcs. pre-order after 3 months. Incase the campaign successfully reaches the target, deposit is not refundable & all supporters need to pay the balance before delivery of the goods (individual mail will be sent to all supporters to finish the complete deal!). Shipping charge to be advised separately. 

NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO BRING THE PROJECT ALIVE!

No additional details regarding colors, etc....but I would expect it to be a complete ready to use accessory at the listed price.

Edited by jvmacross

12 minutes ago, Mommar said:

“A deposit of US$15. is required for each Pre-order (Product Price: US$ 77.90).”

Wish I had a 1/60 CF for these lol

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
Wrods

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

I’m in for 2 separate orders of set A and B.  Those $5 off coupons will come in handy.

I was going to place my order when I remembered that I had a few coupns from them.....did anyone try and apply theirs to the PO successfully?

Edited by jvmacross

7 minutes ago, seti88 said:

the question is; to wait for bargain bin or not? :lol:

Ha!

Although I'm guessing the wait will not be too long....poor fella will show up on retailer shelves DOA! :5:

....but the Tenjin boxart will probably be magnificent! :rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross

38 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I was going to place my order when I remembered that I had a few coupns from them.....did anyone try and apply theirs to the PO successfully?

Yeah I have a bunch of coupons too. I wonder if they can be used when paying the balance?

Sounds like they have decent customer service; I wonder if an email would sort it out. 

41 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

There is an ugly one coming soon from Arcadia that you could "dress up" and make it look "badass"...:db:

I don’t think that valk is for me lol 

I can track down a 1/60 CF on yahoo auctions once the dust from recent releases settles and my wallet has a chance to recover.  

I really hope they entertain the idea of making these accessories for the 1/48 DX. Would def buy some. 

According to Fext Hobby on its Facebook replies regarding Color:

這1:60版本是淺灰丶深灰配上金屬灰色!

basically it translates to: these 1:60 versions are light grey, dark grey and gunmetal/ metallic grey

In other words, it should be close to the coloured versions we see on the transparent valk(S)

33 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Ha!

Although I'm guessing the wait will not be too long....poor fella will show up on retailer shelves DOA! :5:

....but the Tenjin boxart will probably be magnificent! :rolleyes:

whoa there will be tenjin boxart for arcadia??

3 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

basically it translates to: these 1:60 versions are light grey, dark grey and gunmetal/ metallic grey

In other words, it should be close to the coloured versions we see on the transparent valk(S)

thanks for the translation. i suppose it would be too risky to go for color specific armors since its a pricier 1/60 scale.
makes me like the 1/100 armors more! :good:

39 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

Cool...I like the look....I finally have something cool to dress up my No-Paint Yamato -1S with!

Wonder if their will be a run on YAMATO NO-PAINT VF-1S's on the various auction and pre-owned retail sites?

ymt00181_0.jpg

So just to see if the FEXT 1/60 Armor announcement has any effect on the current market prices for the NO PAINT Yamato -1S or the Yamato VF-1S kit....

Last NO PAINT on YJA sold for 30,500 JPY....

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/308887308

Last Yamato VF-1S kit sold on YJA for 20,010 JPY....

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m266042323

Edited by jvmacross

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

whoa there will be tenjin boxart for arcadia??

...just speculation based on the Anniversario edition....another anniversary Arcadia that was also graced with Tenjin art.....

yamato80.jpg

.....plus the bargain basement "boxart" used for their PF editions may indicate that their "boxart" budget may have been spent "all in one place"...:lol:

If you do not already have one, a FEXT Armor equipped Yamato LOW-VIZ VF-1S will be even costlier to put together than a NO PAINT VF-1S version....

Last two sold via YJA....

53,000 JPY

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q209840973

38,500 JPY

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s585276060

Let's see if market prices stand firm after the FEXT announcement.....

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g290431938   currently at 13,000 JPY

Lol, I just tried to order one using the coupon and the fine print says the order needs to be over $80 so even if you could apply it to the final total, it wouldn't work for one armor order. Those dicks obviously knew what they were doing considering there will likely be no other releases before the expiration date. I mean, it's great they are making these things and "catering" to the fandom but it's just such an ass move. Reminds me of the Hasbro coupon they gave people for completing a Marvel Legends survey but the coupon was not valid for Marvel Legends purchases.:fool:

17 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, I just tried to order one using the coupon and the fine print says the order needs to be over $80 so even if you could apply it to the final total, it wouldn't work for one armor order. Those dicks obviously knew what they were doing considering there will likely be no other releases before the expiration date. I mean, it's great they are making these things and "catering" to the fandom but it's just such an ass move. Reminds me of the Hasbro coupon they gave people for completing a Marvel Legends survey but the coupon was not valid for Marvel Legends purchases.:fool:

C'mon now. It's what you call marketing strategy. It's a business so it's just obvious that it needs to make money.

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

C'mon now. It's what you call marketing strategy. It's a business so it's just obvious that it needs to make money.

There are marketing strategies that make people feel good about giving you money and there are marketing strategies that piss people off and insult their intelligence. It's all good.:p

I just ordered a day ago two more 1/100 armors, and got my 5$ off (order must be 80 or 85$ plus.

Unfortunately, dont have any 1/60 VF, only 1/48th... and now no way can get one for a "reasonable" price so i can even use this armor...  If it is so hard to make the 1/60 armor (need 600 + armors sold), i doubt 1/48th will ever be considered now, or at least i dont think it will be considered for the next 2 years :(

Hard to pick between set A and B, but i think i would go with more firepower over more shieds, for my VF-1S really, but for a VF-1J or even better the VF-1A, more defense/shield looks better.  At least, this is from my experimentation with the 1/100 armors.  I guess i would have need to order one of each.... if only i had the 1/60 valks... why, why didnt i get them back when Yamato was making them left and right?  WHY!  KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

400px-khan.jpg

Edited by Arthurius

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

There are marketing strategies that make people feel good about giving you money and there are marketing strategies that piss people off and insult their intelligence. It's all good.:p

For me they're both the same. :lol: Hahaha!

25 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Best. Marketing. Strategy. Ever.

691775.png

And that's why I'm going to get both sets.

I was actually close to ordering more 1/100 Armors when these 1/60’s were announced.  A little dissappointed they don’t have more color options.  I originally thought they would do the same sorts of releases like the 1/100 though the larger size, higher cost and more rare nature of 1/60’s makes this strategy make more sense when I really think about it.  I was going to get red and blue variants and slap them on my duplicate Max and Milia’s.  Lord knows I’m not going to paint these things though, no time for customizing right now.

I’m contemplating a third of these 1/60’s for mix/match purposes.

Edited by Mommar