FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

@Mommar and @Sanity is Optional -- your Max and Hikaru are looking really good in those. I was also going to armor up my spare Hikaru with the 101.

@Saburo -- the HMR Hikaru 1A looks great in the 011, and your photos are excellent as always.

Interesting that in some cases, these parts seem to match better color-wise with the original Hi-Metals. Any have an original bright white Hikaru 1J and a 000 or 101 set they could try together?

8 hours ago, CF18 said:

That's a knock-off, hence you will not see it on BBTS.  I don't know what to say if you cannot tell the difference between 3P and KO.

The point was that they are both unlicensed anyway...so there is nothing to keep either from being lineart accurate if the people designing them wanted to....

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

@Mommar and @Sanity is Optional -- your Max and Hikaru are looking really good in those. I was also going to armor up my spare Hikaru with the 101.

Interesting that in some cases, these parts seem to match better color-wise with the original Hi-Metals. Any have an original bright white Hikaru 1J and a 000 or 101 set they could try together?

I need to swap the armor onto the Hi-Metal R Max just to compare and contrast the look with the original Hi-Metal release for everyone.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

The point was that they are both unlicensed anyway...so there is nothing to keep either from being lineart accurate if the people designing them wanted to....

If they get too accurate they can very least get banned from shows like ACGHK or HKTDC when the official licensee like Kidz Concept complain.

12 minutes ago, CF18 said:

If they get too accurate they can very least get banned from shows like ACGHK or HKTDC when the official licensee like Kidz Concept complain.

True.

I guess ultimately, I would prefer a licensed product that stays faithful to the original designs.  I don't think I will have too much further interest in fan-fiction Macross products.  Call me a slavish Macross purist I suppose...:rolleyes:

The only fan-fiction products I could see supporting would be Hasegawa-style repaints or some of the crazy fast-packs seen on the MasterFiles books....as they seem to have some quasi-canon cred to them....

The FEXT armor/booster design looks like some VF-25 armor rip-off at the moment and not the SDFM booster I was looking for....

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Any pics of mashups between FEXT and HMR parts?

How about a pic of a fighter with the FEXT SSP? Or GPB with FEXT parts?

I was thinking of mixing parts of the 102 Armor with my custom HMR CF GBP Armor just to see how it looks.

The package containing my 102 & 102F arrived today, so my CF units just became a little less Cannon Foddery.  I'm hoping one can protect the other until my 000 arrives.  Th strange thing is that my 000 shipped a day earlier, but passed through HK second.  Maybe the bigger package was a more convenient size for cargo.

The build quality is amazing.  It is hard to believe this is a third-party add-on.  These folks are good!

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

By all that is macross! How did you get the owl gun onto the VE-1, @jvmacross! 

Suddenly thinking of making the VT-1 into an armed to teeth trainer too!!

To be honest....the fit is not the greatest....the OWL gun/missile pod tabs are bigger than the HMR slots.....so they are barely hanging on.....swooshability would be impossible without modification to either the OWL or HMR parts....fit is good enough for display or quick pics only...

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

To be honest....the fit is not the greatest....the OWL gun/missile pod tabs are bigger than the HMR slots.....so they are barely hanging on.....swooshability would be impossible without modification to either the OWL or HMR parts....fit is good enough for display or quick pics only...

speaking of swoosability....anyone have a gopro+macross? :lol:

Mine just showed up at my doorstep. Very surprised as I wasn’t expecting it to be delivered straight to my home as opposed to having to pick it up at the post office. Wonder what shipping method they used.

Anyways, got the 000 only and put it on my Messer. Looks good and came with a lot of stuff. They even threw in a $5 off coupon on my next purchase. Now contemplating if I want to get another set just for the shield and back cannon parts.

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Anyways, got the 000 only and put it on my Messer. Looks good and came with a lot of stuff. 

Could you please post pics? This is the combo I'm interested in trying. 

Picture and Opinion Request  (especially @Saburo)

VF-1J (preferably the one that came without GBP) with 011 Armor, and/or 101, and/or 303.  And pls tell me your honest opinion, does the VF-1J go well with the armor or not.  The 000 armor does not go well with it at all, and i want to see which is the best armor for it, or if even any of them really are in hand.

Edited by Arthurius

Just now, Arthurius said:

Picture and Opinion Request

VF-1J (preferably the one that came without GBP) with 011 Armor, and/or 101, and/or 303.  And pls tell me your honest opinion, does the VF-1J go well with the armor or not.  The 000 armor does not go well with it at all...

I posted my Hikaru VF-1J (standalone release) with 101 armor a bit earlier. Crappy pictures though.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Ok guys, i got the 001 and 000 armor, with VF-1S Messer, VF-1J, and VF-1A Hick to test around.

Messer goes very well with the 001, pure win, gorgeous.  I am sure the Messer would go well with the 000 armor too, but only got 1 messer at this time.

VF-1J with 000 armor, and FAIL!!!  Just does not work, not sure if it is the off pinkesh white of the VF-1J, of the red stripe on the head, or maybe these armors will not work with this head sculpt / colors...

I was all depressed, but then thought, lets try the VF-1A Hikaru with the 000.  I was going to get the 011 armor for it, but as i dont have it yet, i decided to try the 000.  And WIN.  In fact, maybe the biggest win ever!!!  Holly cow, i love it even more than the Messer with 001 armor.  It reminds me of VF-11C from Macross 7, which i always wanted the yamato version but wasnt able to get it...  DREAM COME TRUE.  I feel the 000 armor is like even more made for the VF-1A then the VF-1S Messer, though i am sure both look great in it.  So conclusion, no need to buy a second Messer, lol, and i have my VF-11C now, well, something that reminds me great of it.

Now to determine what is best armor for VF-1J, if any...

Edited by Arthurius

The VF-1S Messer looks very good with the 000, but I feel the VF-1A Hikaru looks even better with the 000 armor, as the contrast of body color with white it brings out the colors better of the armor and gives it more detail.

Edited by Arthurius