FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

Supa Quick pic of the one I received this morning . Materials are top notch, paint apps spot on etc etc. Only gripe, the 4 tiny pegs that hold the 2 parts of the forearm amor together. They are really small. I haven't snapped anything, but just be careful when separating them. Overall, really impressed by the quality and sculpt. Loking forward to the 1/60 Ver..:lol:

IMG_5710.JPG

My Armors should be coming in today.

The booster looks cool but they said that they don’t plan on making it look like the line art.  They’re making their own interpretation of it.  They also are looking into making the launch vehicle.

I want a booster from SDFM.

37 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

FEXTHOBBY has said that OWL 2 will NOT merely a booster.  Cant wait to see what else it is!!!

" About OWL-TWO, we can say it’s not merely a booster.....
Would like to bring something extra in this project, stay tuned for our update! "

Pretty sure it’s the launch vehicle. 

22 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The booster looks cool but they said that they don’t plan on making it look like the line art.  They’re making their own interpretation of it.  They also are looking into making the launch vehicle.

That's too bad....I will probably take a pass on any future line-art "inspired" stuff :db:....will see what their launch vehicle looks like...might be a nice stand for HMRs.....

The pic of the proto looks like it has missile pods that slide out and landing gear....just not liking what I am seeing so far....seems they do not want to anger BW or HG???

Wonder what the legal issues would be if they simply acquired a HG license for "Robotech" to make accessories for the BW licensed HMR?  Because I certainly would not want any accessories for the Toynami VF-1!!! 8)

3 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Supa Quick pic of the one I received this morning . Materials are top notch, paint apps spot on etc etc. Only gripe, the 4 tiny pegs that hold the 2 parts of the forearm amor together. They are really small. I haven't snapped anything, but just be careful when separating them. Overall, really impressed by the quality and sculpt. Loking forward to the 1/60 Ver..:lol:

IMG_5710.JPG

That echoes my sentiments exactly.  I got the 000 set and I'm very impressed overall with the fit, finish and plastic quality - pretty much on par with the official armor sets from Bandai, maybe slightly better plastic than Bandai but a slightly less refined overall finish.  Those pegs you mentioned are my only concern - so tiny!   That's all just observations on the set itself, I haven't attached it to an HMR yet (don't currently have one, but Messer is en route) so I can't comment on its functionality. 

My only complaint is something that's my own fault...I didn't pay close enough attention and was unaware of the fact that the sets don't all come with the same parts, so I was bummed to see empty spaces in the tray for the shields and strike cannons.  I thought I got an incomplete set until I checked the FEXT site again and realized the only thing missing was part of my brain.  Derp. 

So far I'm very much ready to preorder the 1/60 armor and, hopefully if they have success, a 1/48 set for the Bandai DX. 

17 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

This is a third party, making high quality products for Transformers, and now some for the Macross too.   They have to put their own twist into it, not just follow the lineart 100%.

Huh? 

I think most folks want something as close to the line art as possible. 

3 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Huh? 

I think most folks want something as close to the line art as possible. 

Then they get sued by BigWest or HG.  All the legal 3rd transformers are just similar looking thing with different name.

10 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Yep.....the 3P MPP-10 is completely unrecognizable....especially with the missing autobot logo!

gallery_12176_633_35496.jpg

8)

:rofl:  watch out you gonna get sued by big harmony west...or something I don’t know. 

5 hours ago, eriku said:

That echoes my sentiments exactly.  I got the 000 set and I'm very impressed overall with the fit, finish and plastic quality - pretty much on par with the official armor sets from Bandai, maybe slightly better plastic than Bandai but a slightly less refined overall finish.  Those pegs you mentioned are my only concern - so tiny!   That's all just observations on the set itself, I haven't attached it to an HMR yet (don't currently have one, but Messer is en route) so I can't comment on its functionality. 

My only complaint is something that's my own fault...I didn't pay close enough attention and was unaware of the fact that the sets don't all come with the same parts, so I was bummed to see empty spaces in the tray for the shields and strike cannons.  I thought I got an incomplete set until I checked the FEXT site again and realized the only thing missing was part of my brain.  Derp. 

So far I'm very much ready to preorder the 1/60 armor and, hopefully if they have success, a 1/48 set for the Bandai DX. 

To be fair they really don’t make it clear what comes with what set.  You have to flip through all the images to figure it out.  I was confused too.

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

HG is a big licence to pay.

1767AE4A-97AB-497C-8AA2-185CEFAFA5E3.jpeg.e7a34f67024dc7cd22f26f31858f1244.jpeg

It looks like the booster parts will attach like super parts and can probably be worn in Battroid mode.  There’s a shield right there.  This is still not their final version so I’ll see what changes they make.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Yep.....the 3P MPP-10 is completely unrecognizable....especially with the missing autobot logo!

8)

That's a knock-off, hence you will not see it on BBTS.  I don't know what to say if you cannot tell the difference between 3P and KO.