FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

@Saburo

Can you take pics of the 000 armor using VF-1J and VF-1A Hikaru?  I wanna see how well those two fair with that armor.

Also, any chance you have the VF-1S Messer and can take a pic like you did already with the 001 armor (folk),

That is my current setup i am thinking to try.  Thanks

14 hours ago, Arthurius said:

@Saburo

Can you take pics of the 000 armor using VF-1J and VF-1A Hikaru?  I wanna see how well those two fair with that armor.

Also, any chance you have the VF-1S Messer and can take a pic like you did already with the 001 armor (folk),

That is my current setup i am thinking to try.  Thanks

Here is part of your request and a little extra.

group_STND_001_mw2.png.507206610c2110bad86bb1335007a9a0.png

Edited by Saburo
Updated photo

Nice pic.  Are some of the Armors yours or did they send you that many to review and photograph?  Why does the VF-1J Hikaru look greyish?

I’ll probably get a 001 Armor and a few more 000 Armors too.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice pic.  Are some of the Armors yours or did they send you that many to review and photograph?  Why does the VF-1J Hikaru look greyish?

I’ll probably get a 001 Armor and a few more 000 Armors too.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The brownie looks nice. ;)

Yeah, I'm also concern on the VF-1J. I thought it will somehow match the white of it. :unsure:

After putting the VF-1J into the armor I noticed that it has a greyish tint to it, the armor is molded in a bright white.

@sh9000 They sent me 4 sets to photograph.

Edited by Saburo
added reply to sh9000

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

@Saburo you just made me think abt wanting something i didnt think abt wanting.....a fleet of thunder hammers....

:shok:

An army of VF-1A CFs with Roy in charge with the VF-1J; Hikaru, Max and Milia all in Thunder Hammer armor and Destroid bringing the support fire.  EPIC!!! :D

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

someone hide this photo. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

so much awesome

:D

48 minutes ago, seti88 said:

toooo laaateeeee

:lol:

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

An army of VF-1A CFs with Roy in charge with the VF-1J; Hikaru, Max and Milia all in Thunder Hammer armor and Destroid bringing the support fire.  EPIC!!! :D

:D

:lol:

Maaaan. Epic wouldn't be enough to describe it..8)

i wonder if bandai's weapon sets for Gundam plamo can be retrofitted somehow..

gee..valk Thunder hammer holding a Gundam barbatos mace or beam cannons or...dang it...

Edited by seti88

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

Maaaan. Epic wouldn't be enough to describe it..8)

i wonder if bandai's weapon sets for Gundam plamo can be retrofitted somehow..

gee..valk Thunder hammer holding a Gundam barbatos mace or beam cannons or...dang it...

FEXT added slots into the armor to mount the HMR missiles.  I'll be showing that when I do the full photo shoot.

Yep, the 1/144 Barbatos mace would look brutal with the Thunder Hammer.

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

btw saburo, is the armor a tight fit over the nosecone? I was wondering if i should get an armor piece to try to fit the elintseeker, which has a nosecone abt half an inch longer.

The lower armor doesn't fit over the nose cone of the Valkyrie, there is a bracket that you attach to torso/cockpit area and the lower armor attaches to the bracket.  The armor piece sits in front of  the nose cone, the nose cone is still visible at different angles.  Hopefully that helps.

I'll armor up my Elint tonight and see how it looks.

@seti88 update, I tried to mount the armor on the HMR Elint Seeker, everything fits except for the chest piece due to the larger canopy armor/heatshield.

Edited by Saburo

9 hours ago, Saburo said:

FEXT added slots into the armor to mount the HMR missiles.  I'll be showing that when I do the full photo shoot.

Yep, the 1/144 Barbatos mace would look brutal with the Thunder Hammer.

The lower armor doesn't fit over the nose cone of the Valkyrie, there is a bracket that you attach to torso/cockpit area and the lower armor attaches to the bracket.  The armor piece sits in front of  the nose cone, the nose cone is still visible at different angles.  Hopefully that helps.

I'll armor up my Elint tonight and see how it looks.

@seti88 update, I tried to mount the armor on the HMR Elint Seeker, everything fits except for the chest piece due to the larger canopy armor/heatshield.

I noticed the elints canopy was a little more bulbous but was hoping the tolerances could take it.

Shucks there goes my idea for elint on armor parts. Or the Ostrich on armor as well....

Thanks heaps @Saburo

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

These Valks will look good weathered. :wub:

Panel lined etc...yea i thk it provides a nice opportunity for customs, for those with them skillz...

10 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

An army of VF-1A CFs.  Hmmm.  I like that idea.

You literally have the army to do it too...:)

19 hours ago, Saburo said:

update, I tried to mount the armor on the HMR Elint Seeker, everything fits except for the chest piece due to the larger canopy armor/heatshield

Hey Saburo, FEXT Hobby already told me the Armor wouldnt work on the Elint chest area, but did the part armor without the chest look sort of good anyways?

Your group photo sure has me pondering on getting a third armor, that is for sure, lol.  Just i would prefer getting it after receiving the first two to be sure.  Hopefully, stock remains, i may need the 011 or the 101

Edited by Arthurius

Actually, maybe what i really need as a third armor is the 011 for the VF-1 Hikaru,, lol.  But then, i am left with a pair of FPs unused, lol.

The reason i wanted to wait before getting the third armor is because i have the VF-2SS that is going at center (Leader), so i wanted two big armored on each side, and not sure the 3rd armored would make sense in this case.  It is possible the 011 Armor would go better for the VF-1J, but... i just want that 000 armor, looks so clean.

Now, it may be that 011 Armor for VF-01J and Armor 001 for VF-01S Messer would be the ultimate selection, but again, i would be missing out on the 000...  Damn, maybe i just need to get that third amour and leave it on the bay if i dont use it, lol.

Edited by Arthurius

@Saburo  Is it possible to not have those 3 missiles on each side of the hip.  IE, all other armor except that?

For example, imagine a Messer with the 000 without those missiles.  That way, no red in the armor at all, all White / Black / Grey.  Anyways, just a thought that came into my mind for attempt when i get my armors. 

Edited by Arthurius

17 hours ago, seti88 said:

You literally have the army to do it too...:)

I would need 16 CF Armors.  Looks like there are no 102F Armors available on their site and only 4 of their 102 Armors available.  I wish there was a cheaper shipping option.  I can’t seem to pull the trigger.

D7A0AE33-EC95-42C1-9825-D2974B08034C.jpeg.8368ff2f8afb5dd7df22e9a2f7780f70.jpeg

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I would need 16 CF Armors.  Looks like there are no 102F Armors available on their site and only 4 of their 102 Armors available.  I wish there was a cheaper shipping option.  I can’t seem to pull the trigger.

is the shipping fixed or variable depending on the number of items? maybe email them for a good deal, since you are buying in bulk..^_^...

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

is the shipping fixed or variable depending on the number of items? maybe email them for a good deal, since you are buying in bulk..^_^...

The shipping amount depends on the number of items.  l checked my past orders and it looks like they increased their shipping rates.  I’ll try to email them.

On 8/3/2018 at 6:55 AM, Arthurius said:

@Saburo  Is it possible to not have those 3 missiles on each side of the hip.  IE, all other armor except that?

For example, imagine a Messer with the 000 without those missiles.  That way, no red in the armor at all, all White / Black / Grey.  Anyways, just a thought that came into my mind for attempt when i get my armors.

@Arthurius, I checked to see if the hip missiles were removable, looks like they are glued into place.

On 8/3/2018 at 2:52 PM, sh9000 said:

I am sure that there will be some US sellers carrying them, that might be a cheaper shipping.

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I checked my Fext order after spacemanoeuvres posted his shipping notice and its still showing unfulfilled. 

Annnnd look at what just showed up in the mail :yahoo:Check your mailboxes people!! 

<snip>

Speak of the devil. Mine arrived too. B))

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

Speak of the devil. Mine arrived too. B))

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So is Fext Hobby not providing any shipment tracking? It's always nice for me to know when it's coming (and even kinda fun to watch the progress).

Either way, it's great to see these showing up already.

Which ones did you guys order?