FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm in for one! I like what I'm seeing even if it's just a direct upscale of the 1/100 version. ^_^ 

Though please let them know to make the other armaments available individually. And not force us to buy multiples to get the other accessories. :rolleyes:

2nd on all of this.

12 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Cant support the 1/60th as i dont have a valk for it, and it's WAAAAY to expensive for one!!!

You don't need this armor to have a 1/60th one. The one reason why you need a 1/60 VF-1 is just because they're great toy as is. ^_^

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You don't need this armor to have a 1/60th one. The one reason why you need a 1/60 VF-1 is just because they're great toy as is. ^_^

Hear, hear!  The Arcadia/Yamato V2 1/60 is the best VF-1 toy in the market today.  It would be a shame in my opinion to not have one if you're into collecting valks.

1/60 is tempting....will depend on price.  i'd like to support 3P macross add ons BUT gotta be "worth it" aka a good value as they aren't "must haves" for me.  gotta be less than the stand alone yamato GBP-1S was (as a closest comparison).  fext...you seem to have a good thing going (if interest here is representative of other macross fans)....don't screw the pooch!

I haven't seen anyone comment yet on the fact that the FAST pack boosters are shaped differently from normal (and from the original model design reference), especially on the tips where the missile launchers are. Is that perhaps to avoid any copyright complications with Big West?

I wonder if that may also be a reason why they aren't producing this in a color scheme that's similar to the official GBP (which I think would look really good).

Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I haven't seen anyone comment yet on the fact that the FAST pack boosters are shaped differently from normal (and from the original model design reference), especially on the tips where the missile launchers are. Is that perhaps to avoid any copyright complications with Big West?

I wonder if that may also be a reason why they aren't producing this in a color scheme that's similar to the official GBP (which I think would look really good).

Thoughts?

I'm not sure if this applies the copyright issues which I'm sure it is. But you have to remember this is a copy or inspired from the Thunder Hummers custom done by a modeler. Which is not a part of the official GBP design from Studio Nue / Big West. They probably copyright it since it's using the VF-1 as the body. Design however can still be change on Fext side to avoid complications like you mentioned. And besides it's not just the booster has been modified from the original source. Most of the parts has been redesigned but still keeping the aesthetic or the feel of the original concept. And the reason why it's not using the original GBP color, simply because it's based on the actual custom design which is just plain neutral white and grey color with a little bit of red accent. I posted the custom kit picture on Page 1. Fext added those additional colors on theirs to have distinctions. And to put it on the Valk that has the same modex numbers as pointed out before. 

Here it is again the Thunder Hummers done by Kouichi Hatakeyama:

55CF4DA5-8B8F-45AE-A745-AF56B89EC6E6.jpeg

8D553F45-71B8-4722-8789-2A7C0D4E8E60.jpeg

FB_IMG_1524277793070.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

I think that they can become a serious third Macross toy manufacturer. They use plastic injection as their first iteration where the others were only trying resin kits. 

I will support them as much as I do with Arcadia because Bandai makes great toys but they are killing the competition (YF-19, VF-1 next and probably YF-21?) and the PO madness is just insane...

I could go for the 1/60 version as I don't have a copy of the VF-1J Armoured valk for now and will put it on my Arcadia DYRL Roy and wish that all the add-ons could be bundled together in a pack (I know wishful thinking, however it negates the need for getting all the separate amours to kit bash to your liking).

Hmm.. I just made Commercial Property terminology reference there. :D

On 4/21/2018 at 8:49 AM, recon said:

Whats your feel about the groin piece @no3Ljm as compared to the original thunder hammer custom? I think fext interpretation is cool on its own as the groin piece provides protection for the nose cone area but it could be slimmer and shorter

I agree with you. Wish the groin piece armor is a little bit slimmer and shorter. Right now kinda looks like a barrel.

Reminds me of this:

s-l300.jpg.a22f9a79451357905261ddaae095c557.jpg

:lol:

I wonder if Fexthobby would be interested in offering some better articulated hands for Bandais VF-31 Siegfried toys. I would probably buy all the sets. :p

I wonder how much the 1/60 version would cost. I'm looking forward to a review of the HMR version to see if a 1/60 version is worth it.

If Fexthobby is indeed FansHobby I think we can expect a solid toy. I have FansHobbys Archenemy which is not the best 3rd party Masterpiece toy ever released but at least he is sturdy and has crisp paint apps which gives me high hopes for that add-on armor. 

i immediately knew this was thunder hummer based when i saw it but seeing it side by side in the same post, the really did make a LOT of changes.  The overall aesthetic is a little more "flat" looking or streamlined depending how you look at it.  In the 1/60 scale i would like to see them add a bit more detail...perhaps inspired by the original custom...or something original inspired by that aesthetic.  

anyway the whole idea of 3P macross is exciting to me.  not only can they make stuff like this which i'm sure some have pined for but maybe the can do some other original designs as well...designs that will "fit" in the macross universe but are not constrained too much by it.  For instance new styled fastpacks /strike cannons (well these already have those), armaments, original armors, support vehicles...maybe even original (aka non canon) destroids, valks, or other transforming vehicles .  dream BIG! ahha

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2018 at 6:44 AM, no3Ljm said:

I agree with you. Wish the groin piece armor is a little bit slimmer and shorter. Right now kinda looks like a barrel.

Reminds me of this:

s-l300.jpg.a22f9a79451357905261ddaae095c557.jpg

:lol:

You should also share the pictures what happen you lift the barrel :lol:

I read in previous pages that prices listed on Fext Hobby's website were in HK$, and that final price for one of these owl armors would be around USD 8.50.

However, I tried ordering to of these, and the total price was around USD 90.00, not considering shipping.

So is 44.00 -ish the actual price for these armors?

12 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I read in previous pages that prices listed on Fext Hobby's website were in HK$, and that final price for one of these owl armors would be around USD 8.50.

However, I tried ordering to of these, and the total price was around USD 90.00, not considering shipping.

So is 44.00 -ish the actual price for these armors?

They made a mistake in putting it in HKD. Those who bought it in HKD were sent an email. It's in USD so yes $44ish per set.