FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

22 minutes ago, tekering said:

This looks like a rejected early design for the GBP armour.  Where does this "Thunder Hummer Armor" come from, anyway?

Custom designed by Kouichi Hatakeyama for a Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S kit that was featured in a hobby magazine before.

55CF4DA5-8B8F-45AE-A745-AF56B89EC6E6.thumb.jpeg.900258a99357024c6f57f579d5dcf3b9.jpeg

8D553F45-71B8-4722-8789-2A7C0D4E8E60.thumb.jpeg.db30d8d17d52ffd4284a83c23f76cad8.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

Interesting to see a Wonderfest in China, and 2 days at that. I wonder how many companies will offer 2 day licenses and if they'll be more China based Macross GK makers setting out to display their talent.

Wow, FEXT looking to clean house on the armor market!? 1/48 version next?

I hope these end up very affordable because honestly, I'm a bit soured by them only offering certain load outs with each version to force people to buy multiples to get all the accessory options. It makes me kinda want to just skip them all instead. 

1 hour ago, recon said:

1/100 and 1/60

FB_IMG_1522764189141.jpg

at 1/60 scale they need to up their game and make it look more accurate to that custom or something to differentiate it.  for the moment seems its a simple upscale?  at 1/100 scale they were/are just the about right

Edited by Mechapilot77

3 minutes ago, technoblue said:

I really like the look of the HM-R cannon fodder set.

And that 1/60-scale teaser is making me wish I still had a 1S copy of low-vis Roy or DYRL Max.

same here. I think the CF colour scheme looks the most "natural" and military like.

I'll probably get at least one set of these but it all depends on pricing and availability...

8 minutes ago, valhary said:

Great news!!! 

definitely Fans Hobby has a very high quality 

I hope they focus in the 1/60 scale and give us what Bandai and Arcadia deny us

I think 1/60 would be the sweet spot for the mass market since so many of us have Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 VF-1s.  But the margin would probably be better on the 1/100 version and that's why I think they started with that scale instead. 

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm in for 1/60. ;)

Alrdy feedback to fexthobby on the humongous groin piece for the 1/60 that it should be further trimmed down to be more streamlined like the one shown in the model graphics. One good thing abt fanshobby, its that they take feedbacks seriously

1) Which armor would you take for VF-1S Messy, the 000, or the 101 (shown with VF-1J white) ???  Super hard to decide.  Kinda want the original mostly white as the original kitbash, ie 000, but same time, a bit of red doesnt seem to bad too like with 101...

2) Is this the same company Fans-Hobby that is making all the cool transformers???  If so, then i know quality will be super high!!!  If not, wtf are they?

https://fans-hobby.myshopify.com/

Edited by Arthurius