Lost in Space series a Netflix adventure?

I have zero exposure to this franchise outside of the old 90s movie, which was fine I guess. Looks interesting enough to me, and expensive, I'll check it out. Robot looks like a Geth from Mass Effect, also, wasn't he built by the Robinson Family? Is he just a sentient robotic life form of some kind now? Not that I care, he says danger Will Robinson, mission accomplished.

13 minutes ago, JB0 said:

You forgot "and fiails his arms around wildly while he says it"

Damn I forgot the flailing wildly, that was his shtick in the original series wasn't it? Like Alpha 5 from Power Rangers or something.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Damn I forgot the flailing wildly, that was his shtick in the original series wasn't it? Like Alpha 5 from Power Rangers or something.

Flailing his arms around is just about all the original series robot could do.  And LiS came well BEFORE Power Rangers - insulting to say it is "Like" that show as if LiS might have come second.  Now to have a carrot.

EDIT - Forgot, the first episode or two the robot could move his legs but doing so cut the actors legs inside the suit so they welded the legs together and just had the robot roll everywhere after that.

Edited by Dynaman

24 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

And LiS came well BEFORE Power Rangers - insulting to say it is "Like" that show as if LiS might have come second.  Now to have a carrot.

Lol I am well aware of how time works, the sixties came before the nineties, I just likened it to something I am actually familiar with, I in no way implied Alpha came first or did it first.

I had a crush on her in the seventies when I started watching it too.  Judy was supposed to be the "one" but Penny of the show was closer to my age at the time.

My earlier post - may have come off too strident, which is why I put that carrot bit in at the end.  That episode is worth watching simply for the camp aspect.

6 hours ago, JB0 said:

I am one of like three people on Earth that loved Titan AE, and keep wondering when they're gonna suck it up and do a BluRay release.

I'm one of those three as well.

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

My earlier post - may have come off too strident, which is why I put that carrot bit in at the end.  That episode is worth watching simply for the camp aspect.

I figured it was some tongue-in-cheek in joke or reference or something I wasn't getting, no worries.

11 hours ago, JB0 said:

I am one of like three people on Earth that loved Titan AE, and keep wondering when they're gonna suck it up and do a BluRay release.

I liked Titan AE as well. It was good movie with a cool soundtrack.

Also liked the movie, though it was dated almost from the moment it was made. Mmmm Mimi Rogers in that tight space suit though...

Really excited to see this LiS! The visuals are stunning and I like the idea with the robot being an alien creation, and I hope it brings a cool origin story for the robot. Now I just hope the writing and acting tie it all together.

11 hours ago, Tking22 said:

In fairness, I am pretty sure Alpha was based on Robot.

Also, we have the entire Titan AE fanbase posting in this thread. I hereby request this thread be renamed "Planet Bob"

15 hours ago, JB0 said:

Saw it in theaters, enjoyed it a lot!  B))

42 minutes ago, spanner said:

Yeah this looks pretty good! I'll definitely be putting it on my to watch list! Just hope the GF will watch it with me.. 

If your GF watches it with you, it's meant to be! :lol:

15 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I have zero exposure to this franchise outside of the old 90s movie, which was fine I guess. Looks interesting enough to me, and expensive, I'll check it out. Robot looks like a Geth from Mass Effect, also, wasn't he built by the Robinson Family? Is he just a sentient robotic life form of some kind now? Not that I care, he says danger Will Robinson, mission accomplished.

When people refer to something from the 90s as old :(:(:unsure::unsure:

5 hours ago, Graham said:

Heh, the original show is from the 1960s but so is Star Trek and its reboots are somewhat successful. This new show could tap into that if done well.

That being said its based on Swiss Family Robinson which is about two hundred years old so it makes for a classic tale of families lost trying to survive outside civilization.

I like Titan AE... was a great animation movie, but don't make a proper sucess.

THis new version od LiS is to much like the original pilot of 60.

The family trapped in a planet, not in a long lost space voyage and without Doctor Smith or the robot.

Let's see they gonna out this planet.

8 hours ago, Graham said:

90s were old, 80s are very old, and beyond that is essentially the dark ages/people riding around on dinosaurs, that's how it works. I'm 28 Graham, I can feel it in my knees!

55 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

90s were old, 80s are very old, and beyond that is essentially the dark ages/people riding around on dinosaurs, that's how it works. I'm 28 Graham, I can feel it in my knees!

Gosh-darn whippersnapper! Get off my e-Lawn!

37 here. You don't KNOW what bad knees are yet, kid.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

You're so old the first anime you saw was etched on a wooden block!

Reveal hidden contents

I'm 45 this year, lol.

Close!  It was Speed Racer and some of it certainly appeared to be "animated" on stone tablets!  Marine Boy too.  OK, gotta get back to LiS now.  

On a slightly related not the LiS movie is on Netflix, no surprise. Watched it last month for the first time in several years. The SFX hasn't held up well but I remember being blown away by it the first time I saw it in the theater almost twenty years ago. Still enjoyed it but I don't understand why it gets a bad rap, for a film based a on campy TV series it was pretty good.

Edited by TangledThorns

• 1 month later...