Christopher Robin

Wow, this looks INCREDIBLE. And is that Jim Cummings as Pooh? I mean it has to be, there can be only one. I am so pleased they didn't go with some random big name celebrity for his voice, hearing him hit me directly in the feels.

50 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Wow, this looks INCREDIBLE. And is that Jim Cummings as Pooh? I mean it has to be, there can be only one. I am so pleased they didn't go with some random big name celebrity for his voice, hearing him hit me directly in the feels.

Yup. It's him. ;)

14 hours ago, Tking22 said:

And is that Jim Cummings as Pooh? I mean it has to be, there can be only one.

Surely if there can be only one, it would be Frank Welker playing Jim Cummings playing Poohbear.

Except once they let Welker in, suddenly he's the entire cast for some reason.

Yeah, Pooh's voice sounds good because it is Pooh, Jim Cummings.

Dunno about Walker, but Peter Cullen was Eeyore.

Well, the plot sort of reminds me of that Hook movie with Robin Williams, which I'm not ashamed to say I enjoyed. And my mom is a huge Winnie the Pooh fan. Maybe I'll take her.

Hoping for Disney's version of Ted.  This is Pooh after he's aged, bitter, and cynical.  :(

For Pooh:

Piglet = bacon

Eeyore = beast of burden that hauls his stuff around, to be beaten into submission at the drop of a hat.

Tigger = the sucker he makes fun of, who is just happy being blithely unaware

And don't get me started on Christoper Robin.  :o

Edited by kalvasflam

13 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

Hoping for Disney's version of Ted.  This is Pooh after he's aged, bitter, and cynical.  :(

For Pooh:

Piglet = bacon

Eeyore = beast of burden that hauls his stuff around, to be beaten into submission at the drop of a hat.

Tigger = the sucker he makes fun of, who is just happy being blithely unaware

And don't get me started on Christoper Robin.  :o

Maybe there will be a quip about Star Wars or Obi Wan.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Watched this, well most of it, on Netflix today.  Such a disappointment.  It was all I could do not to fall asleep.  Voice wide Pooh and Tigger were spot on (since the normal guy was doing the voices that makes sense) but Owl, Rabbit, and Piglet just didn't fit.  Eyore was just as I remember too (though I did not check to see if it was the same Voice as before).  The characters just didn't look how I would have expected either.  

I fell asleep for a bit in the theater during this.  It was so slow.  Cute enough film.  I've actually been falling asleep in a lot of kids movies at the theater (Lego Batman, Pooh, Mary Poppins, Teen Titans Go, Lego Movie 2).  But not at all in Jurassic and Marvel films.  Are the kids movies this boring or am I becoming selectively narcoleptic?