Figuarts/Figma Scaled 3D Printed Sharon Apple Virturoid

QuinJester

Hi folks, don't know how much of an interest there'd be in here but I thought i'd post it up anyway just in case -

I recently finished up a 3D modeling project to make a Sharon Apple Virturoid that would be in scale with Bandai's figuarts figures (Sheryl Nome, Freyja, etc...), since I figured they'd never make one themselves (after all, she's "just a box"). It's a fun little display piece that can sit with figuarts figures or be a part of a Macross Plus display. If anyone wants one I've got it up on my Shapeways store.

Sharon1.jpg

Sharon2.jpg

(If this is the wrong place to put this I'll move it, wasn't sure if the scratchbuild or sales section was more appropriate since I'm not selling any of these directly. I'm not looking to make mad $$ on these things, just wanted to share the fruits of my labors :) )

Shapeways store: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/quin-s-bin

Phots by the incomparable Ian Reid - http://hardreturn.net

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MechTech said:

That looks cool QuinJester! Man, I'm sure glad we're a long way off from something like this for real! - MT

I dunno, I feel like my Alexa is just a few rogue upgrades from locking my doors and cooking me in the night with my thermostat.

15 hours ago, QuinJester said:

I dunno, I feel like my Alexa is just a few rogue upgrades from locking my doors and cooking me in the night with my thermostat.

We are all one step away from it all getting way to much like eaither the matrix or mega zone 23. AI idols are only round the corner.

14 hours ago, QuinJester said:

you brought Skynet into your own home?!?!:ph34r:

Just now, QuinJester said:

Well, yeah. What am I going to do, turn on my own lights?

you have networked lights?

Fascinating...

Edited by slide