Jump to content
wmkjr

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J 35th Anniversary

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

The scheme is what it is, and I think the super busy paintjobs do a disservice to the design overall, but that's an entirely separate pile of questionable decision making.

Gaudy paint jobs certainly didn't stop the regular-release VF-31s from selling like hotcakes.

Snark aside, I quite like this scheme. I said from the first reveal of the 35th anniversary scheme that it would look better without all that lettering, and I'm glad to see Arcadia prove me right. Shame that the rest of the markings aren't tampo'ed on, but if they include them as decals (and not stickers, please not stickers), then I might be tempted to get my first Arcadia VF...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they wanted to use blue and gold on a VF again....I would have preferred Hasegawa's "5Grand Anniversary" scheme.....;)

164500937-macross-wallpapers.jpg

61f5faedd52ff1f3f4df72f5166ce777.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woo hoo! Super excited about this. I really like items that are an easy pass so that I can save money. End of 2017 and the first four months of 2018 have/will hit my wallet hard so this is welcome news. Congrats to those who want it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the good news (for me, at least) is that Arcadia is still somewhat interested in making vf-1's.  The bad news is that some of them will look like this...

Hopefully we'll get something a little more exciting from them soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you folks ever get tired of the same old VF-1? Gets kind of boring when all you ever see are head variants, paint jobs, and the same three armament packs.

I'd love if they did some super custom VF-1, keeping the same transformation maybe but redesigning the wings, limbs, etc. Maybe with a unique Super pack to go with it, some outlandish thing with giant gatling guns on the arms a la the Armored VF-31 and new drones/missiles/lasers that attach to the underwing pylons or something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Don't you folks ever get tired of the same old VF-1? Gets kind of boring when all you ever see are head variants, paint jobs, and the same three armament packs.

I'd love if they did some super custom VF-1, keeping the same transformation maybe but redesigning the wings, limbs, etc. Maybe with a unique Super pack to go with it, some outlandish thing with giant gatling guns on the arms a la the Armored VF-31 and new drones/missiles/lasers that attach to the underwing pylons or something...

Not sure if trolling, or actually don't know about:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossga/sdp-1.htm

But that will probably never see any sort of "official" release.  But yeah, I do get a little tired of the same vf-1, that's why I want the "rare" ones like the ve-1, vt-1, and vf-1d from Arcadia :p.  I'm also not crazy about the idea of paying $300+ for each of those, though.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Not sure if trolling, or actually don't know about:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossga/sdp-1.htm

But that will probably never see any sort of "official" release.  But yeah, I do get a little tired of the same vf-1, that's why I want the "rare" ones like the ve-1, vt-1, and vf-1d from Arcadia :p.  I'm also not crazy about the idea of paying $300+ for each of those, though.

Oh god yes, I totally forgot about that. Something like that, I'd kill half a dozen wallets for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stampede valk it is then. Or do the Macross the First pack variants. I wouldn't mind getting those even if one looks hideous with the arm canon thingy. I wonder if those decals for the 35th will be stickers, or waterslide, or tampo? Forgot how the 30th was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Gaudy paint jobs certainly didn't stop the regular-release VF-31s from selling like hotcakes.

Heheh, really though, that's because the 31 paint schemes, as busy as they might be, actually look nice, and the stripes flow well with the natural body lines of the plane (mostly :p).

These anniversary schemes usually seem to be more a case of someone designing art that's meant to look good from the top view of the plane, without actually realizing that the curvature of the design means those stripes get twisted and mangled all over the place on the other surfaces of the aircraft. The weird disconnected patches of color just look chaotic and disorganized when viewed from other angles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're onto something there, @Chronocidal. I also think the VF-1 is such a classic, beautiful design that "busy" paint jobs like this one, the 30th VF-1J, and the recent anniversary HM-R VF-1S hide its naturally good-looking design and make it hard to appreciate. That's why the simple original "canon" schemes work so much better, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

If they wanted to use blue and gold on a VF again....I would have preferred Hasegawa's "5Grand Anniversary" scheme.....;)

KFv1GNNf8jPuaUBpTc1kKkGo-hY@736x617.jpg.9e3db890c75cfaae0b5bd46bbf2177e3.jpg

61f5faedd52ff1f3f4df72f5166ce777.jpg

On 2/18/2018 at 8:55 AM, no3Ljm said:

To be honest it looks nice. Not sure if I’m going to get it. It would’ve been nice if this is already in Premium Finish format so that all the gold stickers will be tampoed. But since we’re not going to see a DX VF-31J version of this, Arcadia should’ve made the 5000th Production instead. ;)

Ditto on that one, JVM. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely would have been interested in getting that 5000th production scheme, yep.  Or, pretty much literally any schemes Hasegawa has made that aren't specifically made to celebrate a series anniversary.

Edited by Chronocidal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say, this scheme has grown on me. I'll buy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so theyre building "mustang" VF-1's now? I'll get one eventually, when theyre in the bins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is general release it's at the bottom of my list, which means I'll get one eventually. If it's a Exclusive that still gives me a bit of time to decide if I want one or not, I guess it's something to add to the Nascar valk pile :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definite no for me.  I'll use my funds for something I want, like a Yamato V2 VT-1 even if it is horribly expensive on the secondary market.  Complete disappointment in this release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll probably skip this but I would buy the scheme that jvmacross mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We discussed this in the anniversary model threads, too, but I think the anniversary schemes are just hit or miss. The 25th looks really nice, but the 30th was... Nascar ugly. Have there been any others? There's the Messer VF-1, but I don't know if that's an "official" scheme or Bandai just wanted to capitalize on Delta and Messer's (confounding) popularity.

10061198a.jpg10223077a.jpg10486642a.jpg10463897a7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kajnrig said:

We discussed this in the anniversary model threads, too, but I think the anniversary schemes are just hit or miss. The 25th looks really nice, but the 30th was... Nascar ugly. Have there been any others? There's the Messer VF-1, but I don't know if that's an "official" scheme or Bandai just wanted to capitalize on Delta and Messer's (confounding) popularity.

Bandai is just capitalizing on that and calling it 'in-celebration' of the 35th Anniversary.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've really got no great love for the Messer scheme either.  It's not nearly as bad, but the paint scheme is still just cues from the VF-31 paintjob splattered over the VF-1 frame, with little to no regard for the shape or contours of the different design.  Only reason I bought any was for spare TV missile clusters, and the alternate color canopies.  I don't know if I'll completely strip down and repaint them, but they would make a nice bright white VF-1S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've really got no great love for the Messer scheme either.  It's not nearly as bad, but the paint scheme is still just cues from the VF-31 paintjob splattered over the VF-1 frame, with little to no regard for the shape or contours of the different design.  Only reason I bought any was for spare TV missile clusters, and the alternate color canopies.  I don't know if I'll completely strip down and repaint them, but they would make a nice bright white VF-1S.

What I don't like about the Messer scheme is the black goes over the edges of the chest plate and the markings on the wings. I also cannot unseen a tuxedo on the chest plate since the VF-1S landed on my office desk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not the greatest scheme but I kinda like it. I'll buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, mechaninac said:

:wub: the VF, but the paint job / livery... just :bad: 

IDEM..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×