Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J 35th Anniversary

wmkjr

I still own my Clown Arcadia ver....(my appreciation of it grew over the years). I did a 1/60 5 Grand version (back when Yamato used to do the best thing eve: .'blank VF-1s')...Wish Arcadia would release those again. I still have a few unbuilt ones left, but keeping them until I decide on a scheme that kicks ass. Here's an old pic my 5G attempt from years back.

IMG_4808.JPG

7 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

yo, jv, you getting one?

this might be the first 1'60 i pass on. not sure... on the fence

Just one....but only to satisfy the unsatiable, irrational completionist beast within me.......The beast always gets what the beast wants...:diablo:

21 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Just one....but only to satisfy the unsatiable, irrational completionist beast within me.......The beast always gets what the beast wants...:diablo:

The beast is just 1 of 24 personalities in @jvmacross

I wonder what valkyries the other 23 like.

31 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

i honestly wish when accadia collaborates with Hasegawa for these anniversary schemes they do something like the Black Aces.    

1 minute ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i honestly wish when accadia collaborates with Hasegawa for these anniversary schemes they do something like the Black Aces.    

Yep....several Hasegawa designs would sell like hotcakes.......either those designs would come at a high price tag for Arcadia...or they have really no clue what would sell

17 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The beast is just 1 of 24 personalities in @jvmacross

I wonder what valkyries the other 23 like.

Listen, and understand. That Macross Beast is in us all. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you buy ever single last VF.

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Yep....several Hasegawa designs would sell like hotcakes.......either those designs would come at a high price tag for Arcadia...or they have really no clue what would sell

yeah, drives me crazy... remember that minmay guard hoax?  i would've brought 5 in a heartbeat. 

aside from rehashes, don't have much hope for arcadia... now that Bandai got the vf-1

Just now, davidwhangchoi said:

yeah, drives me crazy... remember that minmay guard hoax?  i would've brought 5 in a heartbeat. 

aside from rehashes, don't have much hope for arcadia... now that Bandai got the vf-1

The only hope is that Bandai doesn't already have the licenses for most of the other Macross series.  It would seem they have pretty much all of them and are in the process of actually putting them to good use.

Maybe Arcadia can try and go for the M3 or VF-X/VF-X2 licenses....maybe that would provide them with a loophole to produce some of the valks people want.

Or just partner with Hasegawa and start doing those schemes.....that could also provide them with a loophole to make several VF types.

:unknw:

21 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The only hope is that Bandai doesn't already have the licenses for most of the other Macross series.  It would seem they have pretty much all of them and are in the process of actually putting them to good use.

Maybe Arcadia can try and go for the M3 or VF-X/VF-X2 licenses....maybe that would provide them with a loophole to produce some of the valks people want.

Or just partner with Hasegawa and start doing those schemes.....that could also provide them with a loophole to make several VF types.

:unknw:

that last line would be a dream. i'd be all in on some of the schemes. as me and you already got/had the entire 1/60 line up, nothing's really appealing for arcadia except grabbing a premium for completionist sake but it's ho hum...

i don't feel motivated anymore to post and keep up these days due to the lack of new arcadia content. these anniversary releases don't excite me at all.   

remember the days we used to each hit like 30-50 posts a day? MW was so consuming. i hope it's like that with the new series around the corner. Arcadia please do something new!!!    

Really lost the little interest I had for this scheme. Got a preorder in with the new 1/48 VF by Bandai. That VF robbed all my attention.

Don't get me wrong I love the 1/60 VF-1 v2, I have more than 30 and they scale with the 1/60 Mac Zero, Plus, Seven, Dynamite and VFX1 valks. I don't believe the new VF by bandai rendered the 1/60 v2 obsolete, but at Arcadia prices, they better come up with a nice scheme cause they are not receiving my money for the VF-1.

I only missed the Angel Bird, the VFX prototype and the 1J CF from Yamato but have everything else.

Don't know how long Arcadia will survive in the VF market.

12 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

that last line would be a dream. i'd be all in on some of the schemes. as me and you already got/had the entire 1/60 line up, nothing's really appealing for arcadia except grabbing a premium for completionist sake but it's ho hum...

i don't feel motivated anymore to post and keep up these days due to the lack of new arcadia content. these anniversary releases don't excite me at all.   

remember the days we used to each hit like 30-50 posts a day? MW was so consuming. i hope it's like that with the new series around the corner. Arcadia please do something new!!!    

Speaking of the old days.......you think another "panic" is coming?  This time it would be the reverse of the original great panic of 2013....

A post from April 30, 2017....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/38871-macross-collectibles-market-watch-current-auctionstore-sold-prices/?do=findComment&comment=1338808

061115_1203_RIPChristop1.jpg

11 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Speaking of the old days.......you think another "panic" is coming?  This time it would be the reverse of the original great panic of 2013....

A post from April 30, 2017....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/38871-macross-collectibles-market-watch-current-auctionstore-sold-prices/?do=findComment&comment=1338808

061115_1203_RIPChristop1.jpg

it's funny, i was just going to post: after this releases in December, we may need to revive the Marketwatch thread againB))

45 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Really lost the little interest I had for this scheme. Got a preorder in with the new 1/48 VF by Bandai. That VF robbed all my attention.

Don't get me wrong I love the 1/60 VF-1 v2, I have more than 30 and they scale with the 1/60 Mac Zero, Plus, Seven, Dynamite and VFX1 valks. I don't believe the new VF by bandai rendered the 1/60 v2 obsolete, but at Arcadia prices, they better come up with a nice scheme cause they are not receiving my money for the VF-1.

I only missed the Angel Bird, the VFX prototype and the 1J CF from Yamato but have everything else.

Don't know how long Arcadia will survive in the VF market.

i think arcadia knows it's coming closer to the end as it seems like they can't do a 1/48 v2 since bandai seems to got that scale booked.  

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Listen, and understand. That Macross Beast is in us all. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you buy ever single last VF.

One of the most honest things ever posted on this site! :lol:

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

:good:

I'm guessing the Cat Lady will still not recognize the reference...these darn kids these days ^_^

I actually saw this movie about 2 weeks ago.  The Terminator, right?

It was not that good a movie.... though admittedly, I am not a horror fan.