The Road to Hasbroverse

Old_Nash

I have strangely mixed feelings. I recognize the Bayverse movies to be truly dreadful movies, but over the years they have become kinda guilty pleasures for me.

I'll be happy just as long  as they get a competent director for the reboot.

Edited by GobotFool

8 minutes ago, JB0 said:

More importantly... does this mean we're gonna get a MASK movie?!?!

I believe that "Paramount/Hasbro Event Movie" can be a "Revolution" live action movie.

the-revolution-is-here.jpg

Edited by Old_Nash

M.A.S.K. is one of those properties that I think would make a good tv show with high production value. Do it on HBO or Netflix, make it a little grittier, and I think it could be more successful in that format as opposed to movies, as their movies thus far have all been schlocky. When you have a large cast of characters, it's difficult to introduce them all and make them all meaningful to the story. Moreover, M.A.S.K. would work well in a format similar to the X-Files where there's an overarching story, and a number of stand-alone episodes that serve to expand characters and maybe contribute to the larger story.  Properties like M.A.S.K., G.I. Joe, and Transformers all have a pantheon of characters, so it's very limiting to build a movie around a large cast and cobble a story together trying to involve them in a way that showcases their particular skills, not to mention their personalities, and include an iconic vehicle or bit of hardware her or there.  TV's the perfect venue, IMO.

Not really sold on the Bumblebee movie; I like that he's a bug, but it reeks of Bay, and thus far I've had no interest. I'll peek at the eventual reviews around here, but I suspect it'll be more of the same, which will only cement further my relief and happiness that Bay's out. 

45 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

That’s great news.  I’ll probably skip the Bumblebee movie.

I want to see the Bumblebee movie but I fear that the Bayverse aesthetic will ruin the movie for me. The movie Bubmlebee model is unable to create emotions.

39 minutes ago, dizman said:

I'll just hope that he's trying to keep things quiet until after the Bumblebee movie comes out so it won't hurt toy or movie sales, afterwards they'll throw the bayverse in the trash for good.

That does seem to be the implication from the updated article.