1 hour ago, Focslain said:

It was a really good show. Hopefully netflix will stream the whole series.

From the article @TangledThorns linked to,

"The first two seasons will join the unaired third of the 'Karate Kid' sequel starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka on its the new platform."

EDIT: And yeah, that typo is part of the quote, not mine.

Edited by mikeszekely

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

it's so good!

It's actually a really good series and story, for me personally I grew up in The Valley & was born in Reseda, I actually remember when they filmed the original movie using the apartment units on Tampa & Saticoy street. :D

Going to start season 2 tonight and then buckle up for when ever season 3 comes out. 

13 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

It's actually a really good series and story, for me personally I grew up in The Valley & was born in Reseda, I actually remember when they filmed the original movie using the apartment units on Tampa & Saticoy street. :D

Going to start season 2 tonight and then buckle up for when ever season 3 comes out. 

10 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Gonna watch movie 1,2, and 3, (yeh, I know, but I'm one of the few that liked 3) , then rewatch Cobra Kai and hopefully introduce the wife to it at the same time!  Can't wait for Season 3! 

i hope the panemic lifts soon so we can season 3 faster^_^

• 1 month later...

I’ve said it before, but I really hope Miguel’s dad isn’t someone from the previous movies.

But yeah, we got more things to look forward to in 2021 (in addition to it no longer being 2020).

I'm enjoying this show but...

Spoiler

The end of season 2 was off the rails. If that happened in a real school, it would be national news, there would be major lawsuits, both dojos would be shut down, and everyone involved would go to jail or be sued into oblivion.

Also none of the relationships would be salvageable.

Don't forget that in Season 1

Spoiler

Miguel whupped all those bullies' asses during lunchtime.  Self-defense, yes.  But you'd think the school would have taken steps to make sure any kind of fighting would have been clamped down, especially after it went viral.

But let's see what they do for Season 3. 

They took a concept a lot of us initially thought would suck, and actually made it into something enjoyable and entertaining.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, just ripped through the first five eps.

A little cheesebally in parts, but good to see them resolve some issues here and there.

Random thoughts:

Spoiler

* Daniel-san lucked out, thanks to his actions in the past.  

* Thought the big secret was gonna be Chozen was Miyagi’s bastard kid or something crazy.  Glad I was wrong.

* Liked that Bobbie is a pastor but isn’t above knocking a belligerent Johnny down in church. 

* Kinda bummed that Sam’s friend and Cobra Kai member seems to have been written off the show.  I get that they want to amp up the tension between Miyagi-Do and Cobra Kai, but sucks that they had to take her out of the picture.

Okay, just finished the rest.

:yahoo:

Spoiler

* Nice backstory with Ali mentioning about the brakes on the classic car.  Makes her character more forgivable, and shows that Daniel can be a dick sometimes.

* Kinda know what's in store for Season 4, but it's about damn time Johnny and Daniel joined forces.

* You knew Chekhov's gun . . . I mean, Miyagi's pressure point hits was coming into play at the end of the season.

* I know they gave Kreese some backstory to make him more sympathetic.  But he's still an ass.  And looks like we're getting Slickhaired Silver (and probably his punk protege) to join the mix.

Edited by Mog

13 hours ago, Mog said:

So, just ripped through the first five eps.

A little cheesebally in parts, but good to see them resolve some issues here and there.

Random thoughts:

Hide contents

* Daniel-san lucked out, thanks to his actions in the past.  

* Thought the big secret was gonna be Chozen was Miyagi’s bastard kid or something crazy.  Glad I was wrong.

* Liked that Bobbie is a pastor but isn’t above knocking a belligerent Johnny down in church. 

* Kinda bummed that Sam’s friend and Cobra Kai member seems to have been written off the show.  I get that they want to amp up the tension between Miyagi-Do and Cobra Kai, but sucks that they had to take her out of the picture.

Spoiler

* Have mostly enjoyed this series, even if the big karate duels are a bit too... outlandish to fully suspend disbelief. 

Don't like the nerdy White kid or his Asian nemesis (comedy relief). 

Glad "Stingray" is gone and hopefully for good.  

Was glad to see Chozen and he was played really well. Would have thought he would have given Daniel a copy rather than an original.

Hawk's flip was too much of a Wresling/Soap opera kayfabe.

So was Robbie's to Cobra Kai. 

Seems obvious we'll see Terry Silver again.  I watched that again after season 2 about 6 months or so ago and really liked he was the first to say "Cobra Kai never dies."  I really liked his loyalty to Kreese, even if I found the toxic waste stuff a bit cartoon villainy.  

I am not expecting to see Mike Barnes, though he could definitely work. 

2 hours ago, Uxi said:

Reveal hidden contents

* Have mostly enjoyed this series, even if the big karate duels are a bit too... outlandish to fully suspend disbelief. 

Don't like the nerdy White kid or his Asian nemesis (comedy relief). 

Glad "Stingray" is gone and hopefully for good.  

Was glad to see Chozen and he was played really well. Would have thought he would have given Daniel a copy rather than an original.

Hawk's flip was too much of a Wresling/Soap opera kayfabe.

So was Robbie's to Cobra Kai. 

Seems obvious we'll see Terry Silver again.  I watched that again after season 2 about 6 months or so ago and really liked he was the first to say "Cobra Kai never dies."  I really liked his loyalty to Kreese, even if I found the toxic waste stuff a bit cartoon villainy.  

I am not expecting to see Mike Barnes, though he could definitely work. 

Spoiler

I can see Robby’s turn make some sense.

His relationship with his dad is crap.  Daniel helped to turn him in.

Kreese is the only one who actually gave him practical advice to survive his prison stint.

Then he’s got Tory who can sorta relate to him and his upbringing.  And they share the whole jilted by Miggie and Sam thing.

So, the seeds were there for it.

Got nothing for Hawk’s turn.

17 hours ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

I can see Robby’s turn make some sense.

His relationship with his dad is crap.  Daniel helped to turn him in.

Kreese is the only one who actually gave him practical advice to survive his prison stint.

Then he’s got Tory who can sorta relate to him and his upbringing.  And they share the whole jilted by Miggie and Sam thing.

So, the seeds were there for it.

Got nothing for Hawk’s turn.

Yep, pretty much agreed on the last point...  I don’t get how he suddenly changed his mind, should have been a slower build up for that one next season.

Spoiler

Although I suppose you can kind of see Hawk having some regrets about breaking the arm.  I do wonder though, could he be the secret Cobra Kai plant?  Episode 8 of season 4, bam, he turns on Johnny and Daniel. 

That would be logical.  Cause while he and Demitry can have a rivalry, the alternative is him vs Kyler, and let's face it, Kyler as an antogonist kinda sucks, in that episode when he joined, I remember how aback he was taken when Hawk took out the chubbie kid.

I love the funny part about spelling Kobra with a K, they can call us Triple K...  Like KKK?  And how long does it take for facebook message to get delivered... Ha... that was hilarious, Johnny is really kinda dumb.

Edited by kalvasflam

I can't tell, is that actual Karate?

Why are they wearing Kung Fu slippers?  You know the ones, every Chinese dad had them.

image.thumb.png.2825fe8e4dbfe4ee08c10d38932be6b0.png

Lol, my dad still wears them, but he's since upgraded to the thicker cloth bottom versions.

This season was actually pretty good. I felt like the last one was a real drag. Too much drama and no laughs or action. This one felt pretty well balanced and found humor in what could have been a really depressing story. My favorite part without trying to give too much away was the “Listen to Dee” moment. It was cheesy, silly and just all around great.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

This season was actually pretty good. I felt like the last one was a real drag. Too much drama and no laughs or action. This one felt pretty well balanced and found humor in what could have been a really depressing story. My favorite part without trying to give too much away was the “Listen to Dee” moment. It was cheesy, silly and just all around great.

Have to say, Hawk was kind of hilarious in episode 4 with his comments about triggering, and safe space.  Talk about turning things on its head.

"Stop with the aggression, micro and macro."  Funny.

On 1/2/2021 at 9:12 AM, kalvasflam said:

Yep, pretty much agreed on the last point...  I don’t get how he suddenly changed his mind, should have been a slower build up for that one next season.

Spoiler

Leading theory seems to be that he's a plant by Kreese and will betray them again... or he's intended that way...  but will actually convert.  But be found out, so forced to turn back.  These sorts of dramatic devices always lead to multiple shifting alliances.