Issues with Hasegawa VF1 35th Anniversary

NZEOD

Was about to test out the new canopy masks on a 35th anniversary VF-1 when i discovered in the instructions its claiming the blue body and canopy colour is made from 60% Clear Green and 40% Clear Red.... ahhhhh no... no that just makes a mess of a colour similar to baby puke.

Anyone have a clue what the blue actually SHOULD be?

10486642t2.jpg10486642t.jpg

Edited by NZEOD

hmmm on further research I think its a mix of Mr Hobby H35 Cobalt Blue and Mr Hobby H25 Blue... their translator failed us team.

Nice to know. The English says clear red and clear green. Oh well an excuse to go for a hoon into the city on the Aprilia to get the paint

GSI Creos Mr. Color 80 or Mr. Hobby H35 Cobalt Blue 60% + GSI Creos Mr. Color 34 or Mr. Hobby H25 Sky Blue 40%

Here is a version I edited with the Mr. Color names in the 3rd column:

5a850f8562ded_VF-3135thGSIcolorcodes.jpg.b9948e69228b00bb33f095ee2021c8ab.jpg

I think someone fell asleep then kept plowing on.

maybe they stumbled across the trailer for Season 5 Part 2 of Vikings and as Largetha looks to be in the shite... their brain when into zombie mode in an attempt to save their sanity

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm planning to cover this to a VF-1J Hikaru scheme with an extra set of decals I have. Any reason why I can't,?

I accidentally ordered a VF-1J Clear version, and I have no interest in building it, because the parts are all the brittle clear parts, not the soft styrene, which makes it difficult to drill and customize.

Edited by arbit