Piles of boxes

HardlyNever

A part of collecting, especially Macross, is the endless piles of boxes.  It seems like most people keep their boxes, especially if there is even the slightest chance they might resell that toy.  I know the Knerdout guys have a mixed reception here, but I think this episode brought up a lot of interesting topics, especially about the need for keeping boxes:

As a newer collector, the prospect of rooms/garages full of boxes is pretty terrifying.  My collection is small, and I collect at a pretty slow rate, so all my boxes fit in a single closet pretty easily, but I can see it becoming an issue some day.  It is pretty scary knowing not only do I need to have space to display a toy (the primary reason I collect at all), but I also need to store these boxes if ever possibly want to sell something.  I'd like to at least dump my Arcadia boxes, but there is no way I could do that right now (I also want to keep them for moving, but that is a minor concern).  The HMR boxes are too nice to consider tossing, imo.

Anyway, how do you guys deal with it?  The people who have been collecting for years, what have you done with your boxes?  Do you have a system that governs what you keep and what you toss?