my first toy

ezu411

hi there to all of ya

i was wondering if someone can help me to buy my first and epic toy.

i have watched lot of reviews from legioss / toynami / bandai but i have no idea haha

i am insterested in a full transformable metal and plastic varitech . 1-72 / 1-55 / 1-100 

thanks,

Hello there and welcome!!

I think it will always depends on your wallet :-) If you can take it, I would recommend Arcadia (Macross, Macross Plus, Macross Zero) and Bandai DX Chogokin (Frontier, Delta) lines

Those are 1/60 scale Valkyries (not Varitech, hehe)

I would personally recommend VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, as it will fit everything. Macross SDFM, Macross Dyrl, Robotech.

Elegant, classy, iconic and also important, available. Check amiami and search for "Arcadia Macross"

In before the lock...

Anyhow, I second Arkham's suggestion of a vf-1s super/strike.  It was my first modern Macross toy, and while they aren't cheap, it doesn't disappoint.  The Focker release was still available well after release, but it seems like it is starting to dry up.  NY has the Hikaru release, but that is pretty steep for the non-premium version.  Shop around some of the second-hand shops for a better deal.

Couple words of warning:

1.  I thought the arcadia vf-1s would be the beginning and end of my modern collecting.  It wasn't.

2.  If you go with the vf-1s super/strike, you are kind of starting at the cream of the crop (at least for SDFM/DYRL macross), so it will be hard to top that release.  However, there are still a lot of fun toys after that (look at the Hi-Metal R line).

Edited by HardlyNever

Hi!

thank you very much for your time.

i am looking for a vf-1s (thanks for the correction and the forum info)

fyi, i am in argentina. here the new stuff is sold for more than usd 500

i can get the toynami version of usd 60 + usd 55 delivery. too much money for that quality. 

i was trying to pre order in Arcadia the  http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=263

but it seems that it will be like 42.000 yens. and i will have to add shipping cost. way too expensive

i can afford usd 250 including shipping cost. i will search for a better option in the links Hardlynever sent.

thanks again!

30 minutes ago, ezu411 said:

Hi!

i can get the toynami version of usd 60 + usd 55 delivery. too much money for that quality. 

i was trying to pre order in Arcadia the  http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=263

but it seems that it will be like 42.000 yens. and i will have to add shipping cost. way too expensive

i can afford usd 250 including shipping cost. i will search for a better option in the links Hardlynever sent.

thanks again!

The one from Arcadia you linked is the VF-0S Premium, it's really costly.

Try these:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10491256

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10462775

Alternatively There's the Bandai 1/100 scale HMR line, which is quite a bit cheaper.

https://hlj.com/product/BANN22566

https://hlj.com/product/BANN19292

[edit] Also there's Arcadia and Yamato and Bandai used VF-1s available which are other versions.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

51 minutes ago, ezu411 said:

Hi!

thanks again!

First of all... Welcome to MacrossWorld! ;)  :good: 

@Ignacio Ocamica is also from Argentina. Try to message him and see if he can direct or point you to proper sites where he gets his Valkyries. ;) 

Anyways, enjoy your stay here.

If you don't care about which 1/60 VF-1S to get here is Roy's: 

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/18718-kanzen-henkei-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-movie-ver-reissue.html

Max's 1/60 VF-1J is the same price though Milia's is a bit cheaper.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/22375-macross-1-60-kanzen-henkei-vf-1j-super-valkyrie-maximilian-jenius-custom.html

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/20774-macross-1-60-kanzen-henkei-vf-1j-super-valkyrie-milia-f-jenius-custom.html

Lot's of deals on YJA but you need a proxy buyer.

Edit: Just missed a deal for Milia's 

Edited by wmkjr

15 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Thank you very much for you answer.... and the options. As per all comments and info i can assume that if i want a premium hight quality (best of the best) 1/60 toy... i have to buy Arcadia. so, my options are:

1)

vf-1s - roy - the one that will be launched in june YEN 41,000

2)

vf-1s - roy - the link above that you sent. is that a new one? 

3)

the max and millia's vf-1j that prices go from YEN 18000 to YEN 24000

4) Wait for someone to sell an Arcadia older version cheaper in all the web pages above. 

i will appreciate your assistance. 

thanks in advance

eze

13 minutes ago, ezu411 said:

Thank you very much for you answer.... and the options. As per all comments and info i can assume that if i want a premium hight quality (best of the best) 1/60 toy... i have to buy Arcadia. so, my options are:

1)

vf-1s - roy - the one that will be launched in june YEN 41,000

2)

vf-1s - roy - the link above that you sent. is that a new one? 

3)

the max and millia's vf-1j that prices go from YEN 18000 to YEN 24000

4) Wait for someone to sell an Arcadia older version cheaper in all the web pages above. 

i will appreciate your assistance. 

thanks in advance

eze

Yes, I would say Arcadia is making the best vf-1 toys, currently(just my opinion).  The thing that can be a little confusing with Arcadia is that they are now making premium finish versions of most of their releases.  The premium finish has more tampo than the regular finish, but they generally run $50-$60 (USD) more.  If you get the regular release, most of the extra tampo on the premium finish is included as stickers (plus you have some options with stickers like having non-canon markings, if you want).

All the toys wmkjr linked are the regular releases.  There is also a premium finish Roy available, with a premium finish Max and Miria on the way.

Whether the premium finish is worth the extra cost is up to you, I'd suggest looking at reviews that are out there.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

My first toy was the Yamato VF-11b 1/72 figure 1st release. But don't buy that, the leg will snap easy! I have the Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S Roy Focker DYRL Movie Version shipping to me now. I heard it was a solid vf-1s figure but will know for sure when it arrives.

Congrats! Here's to many more valks to comes!

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I promise you it's not going to stop. ^_^

20! man that's some money's worth there....worth it!  Seems recently for me there have been "just one more" moments going on or a brand new pre-order pops up on twitter ie the dx vf-31s arad version has just been announced for example. I didn't know about the 31a kairos till last night! I must of been under a rock for that one. Thankfully managed to bag a pre order. Don't think i will be taking that one out of fighter mode though, it's far too good looking. And that's coming from the guy who thinks the hero versions look a bit lame.  As far as the 31 goes give me the cannon fodder version every time. I plan to have a hero/villain valk for each series mac plus, zero etc or stupidly buy two of the same depending on how good they look in their fighter/battroid modes. Ahem sv-262 Ahem. they were a good price to be fair :)

13 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

20! man that's some money's worth there....worth it!  Seems recently for me there have been "just one more" moments going on or a brand new pre-order pops up on twitter ie the dx vf-31s arad version has just been announced for example. I didn't know about the 31a kairos till last night! I must of been under a rock for that one. Thankfully managed to bag a pre order. Don't think i will be taking that one out of fighter mode though, it's far too good looking. And that's coming from the guy who thinks the hero versions look a bit lame.  As far as the 31 goes give me the cannon fodder version every time. I plan to have a hero/villain valk for each series mac plus, zero etc or stupidly buy two of the same depending on how good they look in their fighter/battroid modes. Ahem sv-262 Ahem. they were a good price to be fair :)

Well, you haven't met @Spanner yet. He have atleast 3 of each to display each mode. That's how dedicated he is. ;) :drinks: