Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fenrir72

SDF-1 PaperCraft

Recommended Posts

http://www.hlj.com/product/MYN95512

Has anyone here built this kit? It's so complicated. Just cutting out the parts is a chore. You need to be precision cutter etc.

 

Also, as a bonus, it's got some Macross info like mechs, characters, story symopsis etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's in the model section instead of the toy section. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/42203-12400-scale-tv-sdf-1/

Here is a fantastic build of a scaled up version. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/42355-tv-sdf-1-macross-11600-12400/

A blog with the build http://navy.ap.teacup.com/applet/shiba/msgcate10/archive

Edited by wmkjr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still in the process of building this.

I think I stopped from the frustration of packing tissues into all the large spaces, and gluing the large parts (funny how it's not the small ones, eh).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sketchley said:

I'm still in the process of building this.

I think I stopped from the frustration of packing tissues into all the large spaces, and gluing the large parts (funny how it's not the small ones, eh).

You have to stuff them? Ouch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wmkjr said:

It's in the model section instead of the toy section. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/42203-12400-scale-tv-sdf-1/

Here is a fantastic build of a scaled up version. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/42355-tv-sdf-1-macross-11600-12400/

A blog with the build http://navy.ap.teacup.com/applet/shiba/msgcate10/archive

Thanks for the links(tried the search engine here and got zilch)! And, you can actually transform it? Or is it only Fortress or Storm attacker mode only?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

Thanks for the links(tried the search engine here and got zilch)! And, you can actually transform it? Or is it only Fortress or Storm attacker mode only?

You can't transform it once built.  During the building process, you choose which version you want to display it in.

I've kind of 'cheated', as I scanned the pages after cutting them out, and printed them on 135 kg manga paper, so I can make both versions.  :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sketchley said:

You can't transform it once built.  During the building process, you choose which version you want to display it in.

I've kind of 'cheated', as I scanned the pages after cutting them out, and printed them on 135 kg manga paper, so I can make both versions.  :wink:

B)) Thanks for the "tip"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×