Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles

Old_Nash

Changed things around a bit too. Raph is now the leader and doesn't carry his trademark sais. Leo is the "Cool kid", Mikey is "artistic", and Donny....well.......he'll never change. Not too mention if I remember right each turtle is a different breed.

On 02/02/2018 at 10:50 AM, mikeszekely said:

It looks like crap, but I thought the first pictures of Transformers Animated looked like crap, too, and it turned out to be pretty great.

The design style is evocative of Animated. And Everything about Animated absolutely rocked so I'm optimistic about this. Also other people have commented that it looks like Ben 10, and Derrick J Wyatt did character designs for both so I wonder if he's involved?

2 hours ago, Silverstreak said:

The design style is evocative of Animated. And Everything about Animated absolutely rocked so I'm optimistic about this. Also other people have commented that it looks like Ben 10, and Derrick J Wyatt did character designs for both so I wonder if he's involved?

Derrick J. Waytt (or someone with same style) made a short for TMNT version of 2012

Edited by Old_Nash

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2018 at 8:21 AM, Duymon said:

Huge step down from the CGI turtles on Nick

Yeah, but what wouldn't be?  That series was the finest animation I've ever seen on TV.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:50 AM, mikeszekely said:

I thought the first pictures of Transformers Animated looked like crap, too, and it turned out to be pretty great.

Good point.  Writing, direction, performance, pacing, plot, music... character design alone does not define whether a show is any good or not.

On 2/3/2018 at 8:52 PM, Silverstreak said:

Also other people have commented that it looks like Ben 10, and Derrick J Wyatt did character designs for both so I wonder if he's involved?

Hmm...  Looks more Genndy Tartakovsky's work to me.  Heavily inspired, at least...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Old_Nash said:

Why?

'Cause Nickelodeon paid $60 million for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and they're gonna keep the franchise going as long as it proves financially viable to do so.

It's just a shame they put an end to the CGI series.  It was much better than it had any right to be.