Going to Tokyo in March - What Macross stuff is there to see?

Mechamaniac

As the title says, I'll be heading to Japan in March for about 9 days and while I'll be busy for most of that time, I plan to use any free time I have to check out the sights.  I'll be in Tokyo and want to know what Macross stuff there is to see.

I already plan to check out the Odaiba Gundam, the Ghibli Museum, and hopefully Tokyo Disneyland.

Are there any Macross displays or museums still running?

Suggestions are welcome.

Just make sure to plan a visit to Akihabara. You never know what collectibles you're going to bring it home. ^_^ 

You can also add Tamashii Showroom on your itinerary which is also located to Akihabara. And check out personally the things they're going to release in the next few months. 

Anyways, enjoy your trip. ;) 

If you do visit Akihabara, and want to see it at its otaku-culture best, visit on a weekend when maids prowl the streets and people queue round the block to see AKB48.

If you want to get anything done in Akihabara, visit on a weekday, just after the shops start opening from 10:00am on.

On 2/2/2018 at 2:35 AM, no3Ljm said:

And make sure you bring lots of money. :rolleyes:

I sometimes still regret not buying an HMR Glaug last year, when stores had it for just 10,000 yen. :( And when I decided to get one my option was online shopping which was way more expensive.

A tip, some major stores will give a discount if you go over a certain amount. You just have to ask and present your passport (and note this is for tourists only). Usually the amount is 10 xxx yen upwards (though you really still have to confirm it with the cashier).

4 hours ago, hachi said:

I sometimes still regret not buying an HMR Glaug last year, when stores had it for just 10,000 yen. :( And when I decided to get one my option was online shopping which was way more expensive.

A tip, some major stores will give a discount if you go over a certain amount. You just have to ask and present your passport (and note this is for tourists only). Usually the amount is 10 xxx yen upwards (though you really still have to confirm it with the cashier).

This is bound to happen again if you ignore Mirage's VF-31C Super Parts. So better get it now while it's still MSRP. :rolleyes:

Also not Macross related, but again if you're in Akiahbara and you like Gundam, visit the Gundam Cafe. Its right next to the AKB48 Concert Hall/Sacrifice Centre; even if you don't want to eat anything the small gift shop next to it has lots of interesting Gundam knick-knacks, like artful Gundam cup saucers and Gundam Coffee. Its Gundam Coffee! You want Gundam Coffee, right?!

Edited by F-ZeroOne

1 hour ago, F-ZeroOne said:

Also not Macross related, but again if you're in Akiahbara and you like Gundam, visit the Gundam Cafe. Its right next to the AKB48 Concert Hall/Sacrifice Centre; even if you don't want to eat anything the small gift shop next to it has lots of interesting Gundam knick-knacks, like artful Gundam cup saucers and Gundam Coffee. Its Gundam Coffee! You want Gundam Coffee, right?!

Gundam Coffee sure goes well with CHAR-broiled Burger. Don’t forget to add bleu cheese. ^_^ 

On 2/3/2018 at 4:38 PM, no3Ljm said:

This is bound to happen again if you ignore Mirage's VF-31C Super Parts. So better get it now while it's still MSRP. :rolleyes:

Don't remind me! I'm giving it 2nd thoughts but my cash is supposed to be deposited into my bank account and not Nipponyasan's! :lol: