Queen Emeraldas ship color

Dynaman

A fellow on a miniatures forum is asking about the color scheme from Queen Emeraldas' ship.  One of the options he saw online was a Silver color.  I don't remember seeing it that color before but I'm not a huge Harlock fan so may well have missed it.  Can someone give me a link to post on that other site for the fellow to follow up on?

As a huge Harlock fan myself, I'm happy to help out.  ^_^

The Queen Emeraldus was primarily black in its original incarnations:

dcf5b8862e6f1eadcc3cf7edb6879608.jpg

...including its depiction in 1978's Space Pirate Captain Harlock TV series.

QueenEmeraldasNoC4.jpg

Most merchandising, however, is based upon its appearance in Arcadia of My Youth (and the follow-up SSX TV series):

Queen-Emeraldas.jpg

Or the Galaxy Express 999 films, for that matter.

aed4acb547edf2a55e6db2168713f80e.png

It was usually depicted with a predominantly blue air sac.

6659.jpg

Recent CGI versions, however, have a much more muted blue color, almost silver in appearance.

40eea34dc478708f47bbe1b3a47e06fc.jpg

Like anything in the Leijiverse, however, the only constant is change.  B))

It seems I had the wrong question.  He has a model of her ship painted one color but when he looked online it was the red and blue color of My Youth In Arcadia.  The question is if that particular model came in multiple color shcemes.  Attaching the relevant bit of the original question to see if that helps find an answer.

I need some help.

Recently a good friend of mine gave me some items to do with as I wish.

One item was Queen Emeraldas battleship.leiji matsumoto collection no 1 in resin so I wanted to know more about this item.

So I checked eBay and found one for sale and it was identical to the one I have except for one thing,the overall color of mine is a silver color but the one on eBay is painted Red,Blue and some other colors.

So I have to ask were there 2 versions of this ship?

ALSO (me paraphrasing again).  The model was released in 1999

Edited by Dynaman

36 minutes ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

Only missing Yamato in those images.  Too bad the 4 of them never appeared together.

There was manga that appeared in the middle of the animerica magazine that had the ships including the Yamato docking at some station. I think it was a galaxy express manga. Haven't been able to find online anywhere though.

19 hours ago, Dynaman said:

The question is if that particular model came in multiple color shcemes.

According to this Mandarake listing, it came in the regular blue and red color scheme, a weathered version, and a silver version.

The packaging appears to have been identical for all three releases.