Blackaces

Wonder Festival Winter 2018 F-14 Diecast Model Max & Millia Type

36 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

I'm guessing it's not included because it's the Last Jolly Rogers F-14B flight. By that time the Navy retired the AIM-54 from service.

I see. That makes sense, thanks for the clarifications. Would've been cool if Calibre can produce extra armaments with hangar equipments / missiles carriers set.

8 hours ago, aaajin said:

@Blackaces, I bought the F-14B jolly rogers but noticed the Phoenix missiles were not in the tray, nor are they in reviews from other sites. Are they not included in the earlier releases?

I am asking because the plastic tray do have notches of what seems to be for phoenix missiles and other armaments, they are also listed as armaments on the inner flap, but the actual missiles are not there. Thanks.

List of missiles can be seen here : 

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/military-model-aircraft/261154-calibre-wings-f-14b-tomcat-vf-103-jolly-rogers-ca721401.html

They were specifically left out and a parts list enclosed on the other side of the reflective cardboard indicates this.

Yikes.. I'd forgotten how intense debates over real aircraft models can get (referring to the aircraft forum link above).. maybe that's why I like science fiction so much.

Maybe my perspective is skewed having been here so long, but I don't think I've ever seen discussions of mold flaws and minor QC issues turn into such vicious personal attacks so quickly. :blink: 

Edited by Chronocidal

Did a post get deleted or something? I don't see vicious personal attacks.

Beautiful models. I have the f-14s pre ordered. It's looks amazing! I wouldn't mind the Jolly Rodgers version myself.

19 hours ago, Blackaces said:

Designed is not the correct word. Founded is more accurate.

I see. Sorry for my ignorance. I have no idea in the beginning. ^_^

Anyways, great work on those F-14's.  :good:

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

Did a post get deleted or something? I don't see vicious personal attacks.

Sorry, no, that was in reference to the aircraft forum discussion about the Calibre Wings releases.  I think I edited something, and it lost part of the meaning.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. Sorry for my ignorance. I have no idea in the beginning. ^_^

Anyways, great work on those F-14's.  :good:

No issue

3 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Beautiful models. I have the f-14s pre ordered. It's looks amazing! I wouldn't mind the Jolly Rodgers version myself.

May I know where did you preordered them?

13 hours ago, Blackaces said:

They were specifically left out and a parts list enclosed on the other side of the reflective cardboard indicates this.

Thanks for the reply. I ignored the box, cards, etc2 because of how beautiful the model was. My only gripe is the missiles pylons on either side of the fuselage, before the wings, were kinda hard to attach. The thickness of the paint reduces the size of the slots, making it hard for the pylons to go in (insert "thats what she says" joke :D). Anyways, issues are minor compared to the quality of the model. Tampo prints are spot-on and sharp. Great job on the F-14B! Oh, and it also comes with flexi-display stand!

Edited by aaajin

1 hour ago, aaajin said:

Thanks for the reply. I ignored the box, cards, etc2 because of how beautiful the model was. My only gripe is the missiles pylons on either side of the fuselage, before the wings, were kinda hard to attach. The thickness of the paint reduces the size of the slots, making it hard for the pylons to go in (insert "thats what she says" joke :D). Anyways, issues are minor compared to the quality of the model. Tampo prints are spot-on and sharp. Great job on the F-14B! Oh, and they also comes with flexi-display stands!

Thank you

5 hours ago, Blackaces said:

May I know where did you preordered them?

The f14-s was pre ordered through a UK company (Jumblies models) it's pre order states 30-06-18 release date. 

21 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

The f14-s was pre ordered through a UK company (Jumblies models) it's pre order states 30-06-18 release date. 

Ok. UK should be getting their stock soon.

14 hours ago, Blackaces said:

Ok. UK should be getting their stock soon.

Thanks for the update. Will look good parked next to the vf-1s. Hopefully it will arrive sooner than advertised.