Jump to content
no3Ljm

Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S Premium Finish

Recommended Posts

I may wait to order until we find out if any HMRs are shipping in June so I can bundle them together... NY's system of combining orders is too funky and makes you lose your DP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still mulling over whether to get one of these or not, I have 2x of the Arcadia 0S's already that I never opened up, so hard for me to justify this for $400. On the other hand though I already have the SDF-1 PF and Max and Millia PF on order. At least I have a bit of time to decide...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like AE's unlimited PW. Being able to easily bundle everything together more than makes up for the 1000 yen price difference with NY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I put a lot of work into my old 0S back in the day and it's probably more "premium" than the PF version, but I'm still going to get the PF version. ^_^

This one is going to reactive armor duty or maybe I'll sell it. :unknw:

IMG_20180116_075324.jpg.4bc9bd68e8598042112abf71b0cf0e72.jpg

I think your custom looks way better than the Arcadia premium example! I wouldn't be covering up this beautiful work or selling it for that matter!

Did a total with shipping calculation and if I did order one it would be costing me over $520 Australian Dollars! which is just too crazy.. definitely a pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if it was the most expensive valk ever but I don't remember the prices being anywhere near what they are demanding on the second hand market right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Loop said:

I'm not sure if it was the most expensive valk ever but I don't remember the prices being anywhere near what they are demanding on the second hand market right now.

I dont know right now but before the announcement, BIB 0S are selling out in Japan Auction at 40k+ yen while MISB are selling out at 50k+ yen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... would it fair to say that throwing a 42k valk into the market is actually lowering the prices? =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arkham said:

So... would it fair to say that throwing a 42k valk into the market is actually lowering the prices? =(

It’s actually charging what the market will bear :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

Up on HLJ.  I want it I just don't know if I want to pay for it. 

https://hlj.com/product/ACA82143

Holy damn!, Y1000 less and that's what I'm actually paying in NY with EMS, I thought HLJ was cheaper :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hal9000 said:

Up on HLJ.  I want it I just don't know if I want to pay for it. 

https://hlj.com/product/ACA82143

Easy skip for a rehash. If Arcadia came out with a announcement with the orginal release then I'd been onboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hal9000 said:

Up on HLJ.  I want it I just don't know if I want to pay for it. 

https://hlj.com/product/ACA82143

Ha! It's Y955 cheaper than what I predicted. So basically I predicted an HLJ pricing. Not bad, Noel. Not bad. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ha! It's Y955 cheaper than what I predicted. So basically I predicted an HLJ pricing. Not bad, Noel. Not bad. :lol: 

Couldn't have predicted something a little cheaper? :p

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*sorry for beating the dead horse!!!!

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

These are the rest of the most expensive Valks that they also need to print for Premium Finish format:

VF-11B/C

VF-1A Angelbirds

VF-1J Mass Production

VE-1

VT-1

VF-1D

VF-1A Cavaliers

VF-1S Lowvis

VF-X

Most that I listed here are the VF-1's which is more logical and pratical for them to re-print. ^_^ 

 

I need VF-1A Angelbirds, VF-X and VF-1J, then my VF-1 collection will be complete^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew HLJ would be the most expensive but hot damn that's even higher than I expected. :shok:

Right now it seems only hero units are getting the PF treatment. I'd be very surprised (and interested) if Arcadia began doing PF versions of non-hero units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Couldn't have predicted something a little cheaper? :p

*sorry for beating the dead horse!!!!

-b.

Don't worry. Next PF release they're going to announce, I'll predict Y20000. Who knows? :rolleyes:

And sorry for deleting the double spaces, B. Hahaha! :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I knew HLJ would be the most expensive but hot damn that's even higher than I expected. :shok:

Right now it seems only hero units are getting the PF treatment. I'd be very surprised (and interested) if Arcadia began doing PF versions of non-hero units.

Yeah, I'd be interested in the non-hero versions too. I think they came pretty close with the TV and DYRL VF-1A Cannon Fodder releases though. Those along with the canon fodder VF-1J had a lot of printing already.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Don't worry. Next PF release they're going to announce, I'll predict Y20000. Who knows? :rolleyes:

And sorry for deleting the double spaces, B. Hahaha! :lol: 

Ha ha ha, all good!

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would want one of these, but I'm not going to spend the money on it. I have one that's never been opened, so I'm good for now, and to be honest, the 0 Phoenix isn't my favorite Valkyrie. The SV-51 though, that to me, is a beast of a fighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oof that price.  That's approaching regular SDF-1 pricing isn't it?  This is gonna be a hard pill to swallow but I've always wanted this plane...  It's not quite as big as a 1/48 but towers over a 1/60 VF-1, right?

This thing needs to have some insane build quality and razor sharp QA..  two things the past releases haven't exactly been known for from what I have read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Oof that price.  That's approaching regular SDF-1 pricing isn't it?  This is gonna be a hard pill to swallow but I've always wanted this plane...  It's not quite as big as a 1/48 but towers over a 1/60 VF-1, right?

This thing needs to have some insane build quality and razor sharp QA..  two things the past releases haven't exactly been known for from what I have read.

The 0S's were pretty solid from what I remember reading (mine is in Box Mode so I can't speak from personal experience).

But there is always a roll of the dice with these things, hopefully Arcadia hits it out of the park with regards to quality.

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZorClone said:

Oof that price.  That's approaching regular SDF-1 pricing isn't it?  This is gonna be a hard pill to swallow but I've always wanted this plane...  It's not quite as big as a 1/48 but towers over a 1/60 VF-1, right?

This thing needs to have some insane build quality and razor sharp QA..  two things the past releases haven't exactly been known for from what I have read.

Actually the PF VF-0S already beat the pricing of the regular SDF-1. Arcadia priced it tax included the PF VF-0S at Y41904 while the regular SDF-1 is Y39744.

Also, I thought the 1/60 VF-0's is almost the same height as 1/48 VF-1's?

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is this any different from the one they released over a year ago. Someone in marketing said let’s rehash this tool, slap the word Premium on the outside box, and charge twice as much. Do people really fall for this marketing ploy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZorClone said:

Oof that price.  That's approaching regular SDF-1 pricing isn't it?  This is gonna be a hard pill to swallow but I've always wanted this plane...  It's not quite as big as a 1/48 but towers over a 1/60 VF-1, right?

This thing needs to have some insane build quality and razor sharp QA..  two things the past releases haven't exactly been known for from what I have read.

The previous regular release 0S is IMO, the best Valk made out of all the ones I own. I think it is just about the exact same height as the 1/48 VF-1...I have mine standing next to a 1/48 right now so I can confirm later on.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually the PF VF-0S already beat the pricing of the regular SDF-1. Arcadia priced it tax included the PF VF-0S at Y41904 while the regular SDF-1 is Y39744.

Also, I thought the 1/60 VF-0's is almost the same height as 1/48 VF-1's?

 

Yeah, it should be. See above.

12 minutes ago, zulu said:

How is this any different from the one they released over a year ago. Someone in marketing said let’s rehash this tool, slap the word Premium on the outside box, and charge twice as much. Do people really fall for this marketing ploy?

This one has more tampo printing on it. It's not twice as much as the previous release, even if you bought the previous one on clearance. And yes, I hesitated a bit but I did fall for it this time. :(

Edited by Slave IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, zulu said:

How is this any different from the one they released over a year ago. Someone in marketing said let’s rehash this tool, slap the word Premium on the outside box, and charge twice as much. Do people really fall for this marketing ploy?

Well, for one thing the MSRP is 4,000yen higher than the non-premium 0S (34,800 vs 38,800), and according to the description the sticker sheet is entirely gone, replaced with paint and tampo.

Also, the second-hand VF-0S are going for about 40,000-50,000yen, so it's a competitive price in that sense.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, for one thing the MSRP is 4,000yen higher than the non-premium 0S (34,800 vs 38,800), and according to the description the sticker sheet is entirely gone, replaced with paint and tampo.

Also, the second-hand VF-0S are going for about 40,000-50,000yen, so it's a competitive price in that sense.

True. I have to also add that it's also a good opportunity for members who missed getting the first release. And this time they will be treated with tampo prints. That's a bargain for an Arcadia price point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True. I have to also add that it's also a good opportunity for members who missed getting the first release. And this time they will be treated with tampo prints. That's a bargain for an Arcadia price point.

Now you're making me wish I had missed the first release so I'd have that money for this release. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zulu said:

How is this any different from the one they released over a year ago. Someone in marketing said let’s rehash this tool, slap the word Premium on the outside box, and charge twice as much. Do people really fall for this marketing ploy?

If you don't have it the first time i think it is a better option then searching a used valk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, for one thing the MSRP is 4,000yen higher than the non-premium 0S (34,800 vs 38,800), and according to the description the sticker sheet is entirely gone, replaced with paint and tampo.

Also, the second-hand VF-0S are going for about 40,000-50,000yen, so it's a competitive price in that sense.

Don't forget that the non-premium 0S was a regular release, but the premium is a web exclusive. 
The price difference in reality is larger, as web exclusives don't enjoy retailer discount and may have mark-up too due to processing fee. For those buying from overseas anyway.

Edited by seti88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just buy from NY or AE. Their prices are only slightly higher than if you lived in Japan and ordered directly from Arcadia yourself. You still have to pay for international shipping, but that goes for anything you buy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked close at the photos on NY and I see very minimal Tampo on this thing over the previous version.  It has essentially what was Tampo on the Yamato and the Arcadia combined, like they went in an added what used to be on the Yamato like UN Spacey on the legs.  I hope they provide updates of a lot of Tampo because outside of the nose and a few bits of writing on the leg, this doesn't even approach the 0-S decal sheet.  Seems like the 1-S's followed the decal sheet and made it Tampo, I don't see that here so far.

 

but, I bought one.

Edited by Ridden001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ridden001 said:

I looked close at the photos on NY and I see very minimal Tampo on this thing over the previous version.  It has essentially what was Tampo on the Yamato and the Arcadia combined, like they went in an added what used to be on the Yamato like UN Spacey on the legs.  I hope they provide updates of a lot of Tampo because outside of the nose and a few bits of writing on the leg, this doesn't even approach the 0-S decal sheet.  Seems like the 1-S's followed the decal sheet and made it Tampo, I don't see that here so far.

 

but, I bought one.

Just so you know. It's too early to judge a 'Premium Finish' product announcement when the images you're looking is also the same images they used for promoting the 'non-Premium' release last 2015. For now, let's assume that Arcadia will probably just tampo what's being applied from the instruction manual. I know people including me will paying a lot for their releases but don't expect too much from them. They really don't listen to us so what's there to expect? :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Now you're making me wish I had missed the first release so I'd have that money for this release. :lol:

Oh. Just so you know, I do have two 'regular' VF-0S. You didn't notice how 'sour' and 'bitter' I was when I posted that? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

I looked close at the photos on NY and I see very minimal Tampo on this thing over the previous version.  It has essentially what was Tampo on the Yamato and the Arcadia combined, like they went in an added what used to be on the Yamato like UN Spacey on the legs.  I hope they provide updates of a lot of Tampo because outside of the nose and a few bits of writing on the leg, this doesn't even approach the 0-S decal sheet.  Seems like the 1-S's followed the decal sheet and made it Tampo, I don't see that here so far.

 

but, I bought one.

Look at the staff blog on Arcadia's website. It shows you exactly where the Tampo is going. According to them it's 101 places. That's why no sticker sheet will be included in this set, it'll all be on already.

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/

Edited by wmkjr
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Look at the staff blog on Arcadia's website. It shows you exactly where the Tampo is going. According to them it's 101 places. That's why no sticker sheet will be included in this set, it'll all be on already.

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/

Perfect for those that may be on the fence or curious about what they are paying for.

Thanks for posting!

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×