Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S Premium Finish

no3Ljm

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Probably because they release the wrong 'kit' to us. ^_^

I'll buy a set of VF-1 and VF-0 kits. ;) 

yeah, but the RA was probably the easiest for them to do since it have the least amount of pieces .

Bad choice indeed.

On 1/27/2018 at 5:08 PM, derex3592 said:

Shameless pics of my "Premium" VF 0S...will be interesting to see if I did better than they will.... 

Did you use any kind of top coat to seal in your detail work and if so was it durable enough to not scratch up while transforming between modes?

• 2 weeks later...

So glad for those who skipped the regular now can have a PF at a better price than regular aftermarket. 

I got the arcadia regular 0S and for me it is the best valk up to this date. The thing is huge,  fair weight, and the die cast structure and joints really feel solid. 

Not Yamato,  not Bandai have brought me this level of joy  (considering you got one without QC). 

Bandai is years away from building something like this. 

If you missed the regular...  Go for this one! 

31 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

So glad for those who skipped the regular now can have a PF at a better price than regular aftermarket. 

I got the arcadia regular 0S and for me it is the best valk up to this date. The thing is huge,  fair weight, and the die cast structure and joints really feel solid. 

Not Yamato,  not Bandai have brought me this level of joy  (considering you got one without QC). 

Bandai is years away from building something like this. 

If you missed the regular...  Go for this one! 

Agree! Arcadia's VF-0S is the best Valk toy I've ever experienced.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:33 AM, no3Ljm said:

So true. To think that I already spent too much money, effort and time to accumulate the Valks that I need beforehand to rebuy them again in PF format. :unsure:

Out of curiosity, does the measurement of the VF-31F up to the head laser or the beam rifle/cannon? Because number shows it's taller than VF-0A. I would assume that the VF-0A and the Draken is the same height without the VF-0 head laser and the Draken pointy ear(?).

I missed this earlier... might be a typo on the measurement of the VF-0.... unfortunately I probably won't have another VF-0 toy in battroid mode until the PF comes out to double-check. I know I have the VF-0 listed as 25CM in other places which would still put it a bit smaller than the 31. I'll have the 31 out to double check that measurement when the Kairos is released.

Edited by jenius

I've been re watching Macross Zero and I decided to pull my Yamato VF 0S out of my display case. Boy has it turned yellow. I've never bought an Arcadia Valk before, but I think I might have to jump on this pre order. I really wish Arcadia would give me another shot at the VF 0D as well. 

45 minutes ago, Crimson9 said:

I've been re watching Macross Zero and I decided to pull my Yamato VF 0S out of my display case. Boy has it turned yellow. I've never bought an Arcadia Valk before, but I think I might have to jump on this pre order. I really wish Arcadia would give me another shot at the VF 0D as well. 

Just an FYI, @davidwhangchoi is selling his VF-0D on the For Sale thread. ;)

16 hours ago, Sandman said:

Any tips for using stickers? Or something to look out for. I think I may use them as well.

As Ridden001 said use a hobby knife or xacto knife to hold the sticker. Never use your finger to peel the sticker nor hold it. You don't want a 'Zentradi' size fingerprints in your Valk. ^_^

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So.. wait.  Did the original release have a solid stripe?  Why did they print a white background around the numbers that doesn't match the plastic? :blink: 

i'm worried about the same thing:

google translate:

"In addition, regarding the marking place of "301", we are making an image with a sticker for convenience of sample preparation time.

Actually, we will cut the background black line on which "301" appears, and perform a dump tampon with only the number "301".

that gives me some hope 

Was about to correct my original message, but that's good news at least.

But yeah, I never looked closely at the original release apparently.  Looking at review photos, the original release just has a solid black stripe across the wing, with no break for the modex.  I guess that looks nicer if you never use the stickers, which is fine by me, but it makes the stickers or decals just look that much worse.

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Was about to correct my original message, but that's good news at least.

But yeah, I never looked closely at the original release apparently.  Looking at review photos, the original release just has a solid black stripe across the wing, with no break for the modex.  I guess that looks nicer if you never use the stickers, which is fine by me, but it makes the stickers or decals just look that much worse.

agreed, i didn't like putting stickers on top of a black line. it makes the white look blue in the background of the numbers.

the vf-1 has the black line cut with numbers tampo'd without the black line, here's hoping it'll look just as good

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Now I realized mine looks too stiker-ish. :unsure:  Hope it will not be noticeable once it has topcoats and panel lines. Hehehe. ^_^ 

3aMSPRA.jpg

It's less noticeable once you've coated it and all. I thought of stripping some of the black off with a Q tip and some turpenoid, but I'd probably end up botching it up and making it much worse. 

002.jpg.2f9a65ed699adab632a3903c9e27392f.jpg

47 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It's less noticeable once you've coated it and all. I thought of stripping some of the black off with a Q tip and some turpenoid, but I'd probably end up botching it up and making it much worse.

Yeah. And I'm pretty sure it will get worse when I do that. :unsure:

Btw, Lolicon, do you have any stencils or decals of the 'grill' section for the 1/60 VF-1 backpacks that I can borrow and print it? It felt like Yamato/Arcadia kind of neglected that part including the 'antennae'. Though I'm not planning on adding an antennae for Gerwalk mode. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. And I'm pretty sure it will get worse when I do that. :unsure:

Btw, Lolicon, do you have any stencils or decals of the 'grill' section for the 1/60 VF-1 backpacks that I can borrow and print it? It felt like Yamato/Arcadia kind of neglected that part including the 'antennae'. Though I'm not planning on adding an antennae for Gerwalk mode. :rolleyes:

You're talking about the little flap beneath the thrusters? Sorry I don't have anything like that that. It's just a simple criss-cross pattern isn't it? I'm sure an enterprising individual here can whip a printable one up. ^_^

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You're talking about the little flap beneath the thrusters? Sorry I don't have anything like that that. It's just a simple criss-cross pattern isn't it? I'm sure an enterprising individual here can whip a printable one up. ^_^

Yes. It's that criss-cross pattern thingy on the flap. No worries though. It was just me being lazy to create one. Hehehe. :lol:  I'll just create one. Probably basing it on Hasegawa's 1/48 kit. And I will check later Jenius' site too on the 1/48 VF-1 and see if there's a pic I can use to trace it so I can have a guide. ;)

Edit: Found one at Jenius' site.  :good: ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Personally, I'd just scrape off the tampo before applying the modex.  Really, it just makes the VF-0 release look worse compared with all the VF-1s now that I notice it, since those all have it printed from the get-go.

Yeah the 0S should have had that from the get go. In fact all the stickers should be tampoed like the bandai calls. 

58 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah the 0S should have had that from the get go. In fact all the stickers should be tampoed like the bandai calls. 

I honestly don't really care about the "NO STEP" markings, and all the little tiny panels and labels.. but consider the standard DYRL paint scheme.  They didn't have a modex on the wing, but the one on the nose has always been printed since the V.2.  Some of them have even had it printed on the ventral fins, and I think all of them have had the UN SPACY on the legs.  That should be the absolute minimum markings for every release.  They skimped pretty darn hard on the VF-0 renewal, and it's disappointing.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I honestly don't really care about the "NO STEP" markings, and all the little tiny panels and labels.. but consider the standard DYRL paint scheme.  They didn't have a modex on the wing, but the one on the nose has always been printed since the V.2.  

standard dyrl paint scheme do have a modex on the wings