Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S Premium Finish

no3Ljm

51 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just so you know. It's too early to judge a 'Premium Finish' product announcement when the images you're looking is also the same images they used for promoting the 'non-Premium' release last 2015. For now, let's assume that Arcadia will probably just tampo what's being applied from the instruction manual. I know people including me will paying a lot for their releases but don't expect too much from them. They really don't listen to us so what's there to expect? :rolleyes:

Oh. Just so you know, I do have two 'regular' VF-0S. You didn't notice how 'sour' and 'bitter' I was when I posted that? :rolleyes:

Were you? I couldn't tell. :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Look at the staff blog on Arcadia's website. It shows you exactly where the Tampo is going. According to them it's 101 places. That's why no sticker sheet will be included in this set, it'll all be on already.

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/

Good thing they've updated their blog for once. Didn't notice that post before. So everything on the manual then just like the VF-1's.

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Were you? I couldn't tell. :rolleyes:

Nah. Just kidding. :lol: Besides, I'm already happy with the regulars I have. And still planning on finishing my own Premium version too. In time. ^_^ 

On 1/18/2018 at 12:57 PM, wmkjr said:

Look at the staff blog on Arcadia's website. It shows you exactly where the Tampo is going. According to them it's 101 places. That's why no sticker sheet will be included in this set, it'll all be on already.

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/

thanks mate! also mentions only one production run there's no plans for a second production.

everyone panic and buy multiples!   

I'm kinda new here, but I build models of jets and appying decals is not that difficult . 

There are tons of tutorials on how to apply them and seal them in with clear coats, etc, that have results as good as tampo printing. It all comes down to personal preference, but, saving lots of money making something you already have that much better looking is really satisfying. For completionists that may be a viable solution having the most amount of releases possible, but with what you have, you can always spruce it up to look more than awesome. Just my 2 cents.

46 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

I'm kinda new here, but I build models of jets and appying decals is not that difficult . 

There are tons of tutorials on how to apply them and seal them in with clear coats, etc, that have results as good as tampo printing. It all comes down to personal preference, but, saving lots of money making something you already have that much better looking is really satisfying. For completionists that may be a viable solution having the most amount of releases possible, but with what you have, you can always spruce it up to look more than awesome. Just my 2 cents.

That works for decals, these are stickers, which you just can't get looking good due to the thickness.

1 hour ago, Pulltoeject said:

I absolutely agree that it's satisfying and you can get even better results customizing yourself. Thing is, the time it takes factored in with the additional cost of the PF versions, it makes more sense to just pay for the PF in my case because I don't have the time these days. Most the valks so far, I don't really care enough to pay extra for PF. With the 0S, I wanted another anyways so if that's all they have to offer, so be it.

Plus this:

18 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That works for decals, these are stickers, which you just can't get looking good due to the thickness.

You only need an airbrush/compressor kit for nail art for example wich cost about 40 dollars off ebay. Work area can be any room you choose, and the decals can be 1/72 of any modern jet for the no step markings or, printing them out can also be another ( VF-0 ones) option. But cutting those out are are more of a pain in tha *ss than cutting stickers. Even more, stickers always go yellow and acumulate dirt around the edges.

To apply the entire sticker sheet and have it look anywhere near as good as the tampo job would take more than a few hours. I don't know about some people but a few hours is worth more than around $100 to me these days. But again, for the most part, I don't care about the stickers or additional tampos. 

@Pulltoeject

I am not saying you are wrong but you have to understand that not all people can have the time applying their own decal.

Again, if you are satisfied with your own work, then this product is not for you. For the same reason, I am not buying the PF version but I do understand that for some, this is the only way to go.

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

To apply the entire sticker sheet and have it look anywhere near as good as the tampo job would take more than a few hours. I don't know about some people but a few hours is worth more than around $100 to me these days. But again, for the most part, I don't care about the stickers or additional tampos. 

Pretty much my take on it. To get decals to replace all the stickers, apply them, get them looking nice with microsol, and then topcoat the entire kit would be a couple days of work.

I'm with Slave IV on this. My time is in short enough supply that it's more "cost effective" to just buy the PF than scrounge up decals and do it myself these days. 

If you do have the time and inclination to decal her up yourself, then great! It's always satisfying to do something yourself. ^_^

Hi guys,

Could anyone help me with a little favor in providing comparision pics of both VF-0S and VF-31 in both fighter and battrod mode? As i maybe getting the VF-0S thus im worried about fitting it into my display shelf if its too long or tall. Dimensions provided would very much help too. Thanks

3 hours ago, recon said:

Hi guys,

Could anyone help me with a little favor in providing comparision pics of both VF-0S and VF-31 in both fighter and battrod mode? As i maybe getting the VF-0S thus im worried about fitting it into my display shelf if its too long or tall. Dimensions provided would very much help too. Thanks

Battroid via anymoon.com:

Bandai-DX-VF-31F-Messer-8.jpg

13 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

You know what I hate about these premium releases? It makes me look down on the regular releases I already own, because now I know it’s not the best version available.

So true. To think that I already spent too much money, effort and time to accumulate the Valks that I need beforehand to rebuy them again in PF format. :unsure:

27 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Battroid via anymoon.com:

Bandai-DX-VF-31F-Messer-8.jpg

Out of curiosity, does the measurement of the VF-31F up to the head laser or the beam rifle/cannon? Because number shows it's taller than VF-0A. I would assume that the VF-0A and the Draken is the same height without the VF-0 head laser and the Draken pointy ear(?).

There's always going to be fewer buyers for more expensive things. 

As a web exclusive item, I doubt Arcadia needs to sell anywhere near as many units as the iPhone for it to be profitable. 

In the case of the iPhone X, it looks like it sold pretty well, but not as much as Apple hoped. 

23 minutes ago, Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 said:

Hopefully a regular rerelease is on the way, I'll even take an unpainted kit version. Not sure why Arcadia hasn't brought those back.

They tested with the Armor kit for the zero,  I don't think it sold all that well.