Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S Premium Finish

no3Ljm

I'm in (for a 0A and 0D PF) because the leg fell off both my 0A and 0D and I'd like to believe they won't revisit that particular QA SNAFU. I think I finally got a fix on my 0A that is holding. I found my Yeti replacement hip nubs and the second effort using those seems to have done the trick. Sure, there's some damage where I popped the leg open but it's only noticeable from the back of battroid so yay. Still, I'd like to own one that didn't have a history of making me so angry. 

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

You know....I would have FAR more interest in a PF VF-0D reisssue, as I'm sure many more around here would be, maybe even get the right color BLUE this time ARCADIA!!, and put some weathering on it like the old Yammie weathering versions!   But seriously, trimmed stickers on the white valks, fine by me...it's the darker colored birds that would REALLY benefit from a Premium tampo job! 

I would definitely be on board for a VF-0D reissue, regular or PF version I'm good with either one! B))

1 hour ago, spanner said:

I had been considering getting another VF-0S and the premium finish version would be nice but at around 40k its going to be an easy pass for me also..

Me too. I do not have any M0 variants and the 40K+ price is putting me off. And this have not factor in the shipping cost

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like NY is claiming ¥44,540 with SAL shipping.

Throws money at screen

Grats on paying less for the premium than the crazy prices for the original release. :lol:

Even with the premium I'm still going to spend hours putting all those tiny red Hasegawa decals on it... again. :blink:

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm not sure what the point of this response was or why you guys keep repeating the same thing over and over. We're all well aware of what we're buying. Are you trying to convince people like me not to get one, or trying to convince yourselves you don't want one? :p

The original release was already expensive, and those of us who have decided to buy the premium clearly have no qualms about spending a lot of money on our hobbies. 

Honestly it was just conversation - especially since most of the chatter that takes place on the boards is always around something costs. I think I've said as much previously, I spend what I spend, on what I want to spend it on. 

I don't need any convincing, I have the original. :)

-b.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I put a lot of work into my old 0S back in the day and it's probably more "premium" than the PF version, but I'm still going to get the PF version. ^_^

This one is going to reactive armor duty or maybe I'll sell it. :unknw:

IMG_20180116_075324.jpg.4bc9bd68e8598042112abf71b0cf0e72.jpg

Damn, that looks really good! I'd probably keep that one without the armor and on display. 

I'm getting gun shy...I was thinking I might get two PFs when it was announced but now, looking at them in cart, I'm hesitant. I'm even considering not getting any and just waiting for the A & D. These things are expensive but I better decide quick!

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

It is just MWF members being themselves. A thread or a topic is not complete without complaining :p

That's because Arcadia keeps on putting out the same thing over and over again with touch-ups and cost more. Yes, I agree that this is good to people who missed out VF-0S the first time it came out and be treated afterwards instead with a Premium Finish announcement? That will be a great purchase for sure. But if you think about Arcadia releases overall, it's like they're the high-end versions of Harmony Gold's same VF-1 releases. They're just stuck with what they have. And that's my complain. :p

In the end, we just complain because that's what we do here. IT keeps the board alive. Now sing Walküre girls... "WELCOME TO MACROSSWORLD..."  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Damn, that looks really good! I'd probably keep that one without the armor and on display. 

I'm getting gun shy...I was thinking I might get two PFs when it was announced but now, looking at them in cart, I'm hesitant. I'm even considering not getting any and just waiting for the A & D. These things are expensive but I better decide quick!

Don't rush yourself. You still have up to February to decide. ^_^

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I put a lot of work into my old 0S back in the day and it's probably more "premium" than the PF version, but I'm still going to get the PF version. ^_^

This one is going to reactive armor duty or maybe I'll sell it. :unknw:

IMG_20180116_075324.jpg.4bc9bd68e8598042112abf71b0cf0e72.jpg

Now thats a Premium Finish

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

You're going to get 2x of the PF?? Now that's hardcore! :shok:

I'm pretty sure you'll have plenty of time to decide. It's a webshop item and it's really expensive. Just make sure you get your orders in before the Arcadia deadline, which is, er, I forget, but sometime in February I believe. :unknw:

18 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'm pretty sure you'll have plenty of time to decide. It's a webshop item and it's really expensive. Just make sure you get your orders in before the Arcadia deadline, which is, er, I forget, but sometime in February I believe. :unknw:

February 23.

32 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I was thinking two initially but now I'm near deciding not to get any...

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

February 23.

Thanks for the date...Since I'm planning on buying from NY if I do get one, I feel like they might be opposite with these Arcadia exclusives compared to Bandai exclusives and might sell out before the official date. I don't remember for sure but I guess if they sell out, it makes my decision easier, lol.

From Arcadia’s Twitter:

[Let ①] is 1/60 complete deformation VF-0S Phoenix Premium Finish, a tentative representation of 4190 Yen deposit is.
Price [41904 yen (tax included). Release date of the product about a month ago to your email and URL for settlement payment balance 90% (tax included) again, we will send.

I think they just look at the greymarket prices for things, and decide to print whatever's most expensive.

VF-1 Max/Miria

SDF

SV-51

VF-0S

[edit] Well, doesn't make as much sense for the SV-51, but the rest it does.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

12 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I think they just look at the greymarket prices for things, and decide to print whatever's most expensive.

VF-1 Max/Miria

SDF

SV-51

VF-0S

[edit] Well, doesn't make as much sense for the SV-51, but the rest it does.

These are the rest of the most expensive Valks that they also need to print for Premium Finish format:

VF-11B/C

VF-1A Angelbirds

VF-1J Mass Production

VE-1

VT-1

VF-1D

VF-1A Cavaliers

VF-1S Lowvis

VF-X

Most that I listed here are the VF-1's which is more logical and pratical for them to re-print. ^_^ 

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, all of those ship internationally, but they do have close to Japanese retail prices.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. Not only to get a better japanese price, using a friend there, I could strip the store tags and make it fly under the radar here for customs (import tax is murder here)

So as you mentioned I usually search those sites, but was wondering about japanese only sites that I'm not checking (because no itl shipping)

Edited by Arkham

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Yup! I like talking about things I'm going to do, rather than go through life blubbering about things I'm *not* going to do. See the distinction? ;)

I'm *going* to save my money or I'm *going* to spend it on something else. See the hair that I just split? :D/:p But seriously, it's all good man, enjoy your future purchase - not sure why you thought I was poo-pooing your choice to begin with.

Anyways, cheers to everyone that will be able to pick up their first Arcadia 0S. I also wouldn't be surprised if Arcadia revisited other VF-0 models, although it'd be nice if they just came right out going forward and stated very clearly that items will carry both a regular and premium version. 

-b.

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Sorry KB, I just saw a wall of text on my phone and said "easy pass." :D

:lol: - yeah, there was an avalanche of posts to that effect

One thing just hit me, as much money as we've all spent, or are going to spend on Macross - we're also a group of cheap, cheap, cheap individuals. I certainly fall into both camps - Big Baller and Thrift Store shopper.

Because you better believe if this thing was $ 100 or so dollars cheaper I'd be all over the pre-order too. IIRC I bought my 0S on one of those clearance sales as well.

-b.