[Netflix] She-Ra Princess of Power

Old_Nash

16 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

Hmmm.   Gives off an Avatar-ish vibe with that face.  Wasn’t the biggest HeMan/SheRa fan but I’ll give the first few episodes a shot.  

It's because of Studio Mir's style.

They made the same with Voltron Legendary Defensor.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Somehow I had gotten the impression this was going to be a live action series.

The images above look like most every other American superheroish cartoon has for the past 30 years, particularly those attached to DC properties.  Which, I suppose is better than Thundercats Roar at least.

For myself... not interested anymore.

Well the original art style owes a lot to the rotoscoping methods that filmation used as a mean of maximizing reuse of cells and minimizing design costs. A holdover from their Lord of the Rings efforts, which lended it self just fine to mass producing toys. 

Im fine with this as long as we get good stories. Especially if it leads to her finding out about her family.

In fact, at the moment I have more confidence in this than in the announced Goyer script for the He-man movie.

The animation style is a stepdown from Voltron IMHO.  But we will really need to see it in motion.  I like that they appear to have given She-Ra a proper breast plate, if fabric covered, but why not give her thigh armor, greaves and additional arm armor then?

Edited by Knight26

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've been looking forward to this.  More so than ever in-coming He-Man movie that David Goyer scrambled up a treatment for.  At least this has JMS behind it.  If you haven't seen the Netflix 'Power of Greyskull' documentary and are a fan of MOTU, I recommend it.

12 hours ago, Mazinger said:

I've been looking forward to this.  More so than ever in-coming He-Man movie that David Goyer scrambled up a treatment for.  At least this has JMS behind it.  If you haven't seen the Netflix 'Power of Greyskull' documentary and are a fan of MOTU, I recommend it.

So have I. Given how Dreamworks knocked it out of the park with Voltron, it would be fun if they can get another solid hit with this show. And I couldn't help but smile seeing the tentacle princess in the second trailer.

hahahaa

By the power misandrist pink skull I become HE RA full of soy and a lot of xxbywqzandsomethingsometing

I could no longer let my kids watch voltron no thanks to show producers to add their dash of SJW cast to make sure they needed to add the .1% in there that wasnt necessary

And my daughter laughed and said. I kid you not, who is the guy with the long blonde hair ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

oh thanks for the laughs suckflix. I saw over the weekend Family Guy really did a number on Suckflix. Oh boy did they ever.

Edited by slaginpit