Disney or Comcast buys Fox or Fox wants to sell to someone

Old_Nash

Oh good, someone did do a quick itemized list of movies and TV shows.

Planet of the Apes
Star Wars Ep 1-6, Clone Wars
The Simpsons
Die Hard
Independence Day
Kingsman
Family Guy
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The X-Files
Predator
Ice Age
Marvel licenses
Goosebumps
9-1-1
American Dad
American Horror Story
Cocoon
Doctor Dolittle
Empire
Fargo
The Fly
Fresh Off the Boat
Futurama
Ghosted
The Gifted
Home Alone
Homeland
The Last Man on Earth
LA to Vegas
Life in Pieces
M*A*S*H
The Mick
Night at the Museum
The Omen
The Orville
The Peanuts Movie
The Resident
Rio
Romancing the Stone
Speechless
Star
This Is Us

Can't wait till someone combs the classics catalog.

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

I believe the moving picture roster is simply too long to itemize.

Yeah.  Like I said, everything Fox owned except Fox News and Fox Sports.  Az's list has a lot of the big names, but I don't think it's comprehensive.  For one, I'm pretty sure Fox had the distribution rights for The Transporter franchise.

And yes, Dynaman is correct.  Disney now owns 60% of Hulu.

Not sure why people are crying about creativity and artistic freedom/license. There are a gazillion other comic book properties out there, a lot of them are very good.

Just because folks may not be able to take liberties with the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the X-Men and Wolverine (Logan was amazing, but was one of only three or four really good X-Flims, including Logan, Deadpool, First Class and Days of Future Past) doesn't mean creativity is now at risk when it comes to comic book movies.

Personally I can't wait - bring on the reunified Marvel movie universe.

-b.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

So does this mean the Xenomorphs are now Disney princesses?

At the very least there is a now a new Evil Queen in the Disney catalog

633D166D-7C88-4F57-A6C8-BAC828B03DAD.png.8c90d49957597df9907607c7dd6e2abb.png

Edited by Dobber

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Not sure why people are crying about creativity and artistic freedom/license. There are a gazillion other comic book properties out there, a lot of them are very good.

Directors like Mangold are worried about everything that's not a franchise flick or movies that may not even be a franchise flick yet. Movies that are just movies in their own right, not adaptions or franchise flicks. Star Wars was one of those films back in the day before it became the 100-ton creature it is now.

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

Don't be silly. 

Only the facehuggers are princesses.

Did you just assumed the facehugger's gender? Lol

IMO, not really bothered about creativity. People vote with their money, if they want sequel, adaptation or reboot of known material, any studio will keep on producing these types of film. If there are scarcity of new content, then people will get fed up easily with the current selection. For example, there are a number of  People who are more vocal that they are getting tired with all the superheroes movies lately.

47 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Did you just assumed the facehugger's gender? Lol

Opted to ignore the issue of facehugger gender entirely, actually. :p   Xenomorph gender is pretty hard to nail down in human terms, across the entire species. They seem largely asexual.

My logic is that the facehuggers are the only ones born from a queen, which is the standard way to become a princess, and I don't think princes are exactly lining up to marry xenomorphs. All the rest are born from the plebes (or genetics labs, in that one movie).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • azrael changed the title to Disney or Comcast buys Fox or Fox wants to sell to someone
6 hours ago, Mommar said:

I don't know what to think about this.  I don't really like Disney but I would really like for Marvel to be able to make good movies with their properties again.

I honestly value "all the media in the world not being under the control of a single board of directors" a lot more than I do "slight chance of getting an Fantastic Four movie that doesn't suck."

It's a pretty easy call.

6 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Disney's media empire is getting a little ridiculous, but I really don't like content in the hands of the people who sell you the cable to access the content.

Bingo! Comcast's plan is if you want access to their FOX content you'll have to be their ISP customer too. When it comes to my Verizon FIOS... NOT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!! I am not going back to Comcast, ever.

That being said, Disney needs to work on original content pronto. Rebooting or replaying old IP won't be enough for them, consumers want to see something fresh and good.

3 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

That being said, Disney needs to work on original content pronto. Rebooting or replaying old IP won't be enough for them, consumers want to see something fresh and good.

$1-billion in 11 days says "Nah, I'm good."

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

I meant for their streaming service :)

It would really help if Netflix/Hulu/Amazon would actually post streaming viewership numbers instead of us making guess-timates.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, azrael said:

Note that Comcast is willing to put down a $60-billion all-cash bid vs Disney’s $52.4-billion stock buyout. 

Is a CEO deathmatch too much to hope for at this juncture?

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I wonder what they believe is the most valuable franchise in FOX's library. The Simpsons?

They want it all. It's a large enough library to own. Considering what Disney owns and AT&T's attempted buyout of WB, they want to get into the entertainment business. They want to own the IP of the entertainment they would provide.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Is a CEO deathmatch too much to hope for at this juncture?

If you want it being played out at extreme slow motion, sure. Comcast's bid is like a slow-motion uppercut.

• 3 weeks later...

X-men/FF/Minions Crossover  F*** Yeah!!!

Then we can throw Deadpool and Cable in the mix too.  Or, if Disney loses, they can bid on AT&T as soon as AT&T is done buying WB.  Can we say DC/Marvel X-over.

Oh yeah, Batman vs Iron man.

Superman vs some guy with real facial hair.  It would be awesome.