Batman Ninja

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

... normally I don't pay the slightest attention to American superhero stuff, but this looks so downright bizarre that I think I'm going to have to keep this one on my radar.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Bunch of standard anime tropes with a bit of the look of Batman.  Not interesting in the slightest.

Just what I thought - the reverse of when Anime is turned into Live Action movies here in the states.  Ghost in the Shell comes to mind.  It still looks interesting enough to watch if it comes to a streaming service I use.  (how is that for high praise?)

Honestly, the thing that strikes me the most (aside from the ridiculous premise) is how good the casting is. 

It sounds like I imagine these characters speaking japanese would sound.

But mostly, I'm down with this just for the absurdity of "Batman and Joker trash feudal Japan and also get in katana duels".

7 minutes ago, JB0 said:

Honestly, the thing that strikes me the most (aside from the ridiculous premise) is how good the casting is. 

It sounds like I imagine these characters speaking japanese would sound.

But mostly, I'm down with this just for the absurdity of "Batman and Joker trash feudal Japan and also get in katana duels".

All of this, pretty much.

Though it strikes me as odd that they're speaking Japanese at all. The plot seems to be that they're actually Batman and Joker transported back in time. Bruce I can understand maybe knowing some Japanese, but Joker... But blah. Convenience. And the voices DO sound good.

The Joker is a man of many talents, not all of them immediately obvious. :p

Honestly, given the nuttiness of the premise and outlandish nature of the cast, I'm willing to accept a lot of otherwise-questionable decisions.  I probably wouldn't bat an eye if it turned out Joker was fluent in huttese as well.

6 hours ago, peter said:

Wow, that looks pretty awesome, I'd watch that.  

If they did an animation with samurai Star Wars, I'd watch that too:

patrik-rosander-starwars-redesign-illust

Is this a diorama or is there something more to this (because it looks F*&^ing Epic)?

On 12/1/2017 at 8:27 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

I think it looks really cool. I believe it’s animated by the same studio behind JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. 

I’m hyped :lol:

Kamikaze Douga, which is behind this new Batman anime, is the same studio that animated the title sequences of the recent Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV series--the actual animation in the episodes is utter shite, unlike that of the two OVAs, which were terrifically animated (at least until the final episodes with DIO). David Production is the studio that did the crappy animation on the show. 

Anyway, regarding this flick--I have to say, CG or not (and I'm a big fan of old-school cel animation), the animation in that trailer looked utterly...badass. I'm looking forward to seeing it. 

Edited by gingaio

• 2 months later...