Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

32 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Really?  I guess I have been lucky that none of my 13 Yamato and Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 toys have experienced that issue.

The DX's tail fin just looked very flimsy in that video, I was honestly surprised they did not do a re-shoot of that portion.

It happens only the the 1/48. With the 1/60 I have never had it happen. The large plate between the fins flexed an the joint just pops out and can be easily placed where it should be.

Looks very intuitive. Only thing I don’t like is the moving speedbrake. The transformation will get out of its own way and just let you enjoy the toy - as long as the factory doesn’t muck it up. 

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am a bit discouraged when I see Bandai's own video showing the tail fin almost fall out when folding it onto the backpack.

It looks like its designed that way so that the fin can fold from an angled joint, over the other side. It wont fall out as it doesn't look like something you pull out.

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

looks like a floppy mess.  preordering more 

hahaha bandai magic...:D

I was listening to this, whilst replying. So, to bandai on this release, please....

Edited by seti88

I believe that the floppy rear stabilizer wings will be tuned before it mass releases the VF-1J at year end. Looking forward for a Roy version (with Strike/Super combo to follow). A combo of Yamacaida and Bandai technology for this DX VF-1 release is a plus for me.

15 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Anyone else notice that the center part of the back (the part that folds out to let the head rotate through) folds inwards so the backpack can fold flatter?

It's the little things that really show how much thought they put into this.

Wasn't that a feature of the Yamato that they copied as well?

27 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Anyone else notice that the center part of the back (the part that folds out to let the head rotate through) folds inwards so the backpack can fold flatter?

It's the little things that really show how much thought they put into this.

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wasn't that a feature of the Yamato that they copied as well?

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I know the 1/60 Yamato/Arcadia VF-1 figures don't do that. I haven't actually transformed either of my Yamato 1/48s yet.

Yes, the Yamato 1/60 VF-1 v2, along with the current Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 releases does that. You have to push it inward passing the tabs on its sides.

From Jenius' Anymoon site showing VF-1 back panel. I already set it to play from that section so hit play. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

29 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm LOOVIIIIIINNGG what I'm seeing. Glad I PO'ed two. :wub: 

Now I can't wait for them to announce Hikaru's Strike VF-1S.

Was wondering what's holding you back to reply in this thread :D

Ain't this 1/48 VF-J a beauty??

I have one on preorder with AmiAmi.

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes, the Yamato 1/60 VF-1 v2, along with the current Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 releases does that. You have to push it inward passing the tabs on its sides.

From Jenius' Anymoon site showing VF-1 back panel. I already set it to play from that section so hit play. ;)

Yep! Thanks for sharing the proof.

Just watched the DX transformation vid...looking good!

45 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Was wondering what's holding you back to reply in this thread :D

Ain't this 1/48 VF-J a beauty??

I have one on preorder with AmiAmi.

I was just busy earlier here at work. And I saw that video during lunch break. Hehehe. :lol: 

And yes, she's a beaut. I didn't regret ordering two. And I'm sure I'm going to order two if they announced Hikaru's Strike VF-1S or Super VF-1A. ;)

28 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Wow Bandai is killing it with their Valk releases. I regret not acting fast enough to pick this beautoful bird up. I wonder if this DX 1/48 VF-1 is similar in size to Arcadia's 1/60 VF-0. Arcadia better step it up.

If Bandai's upcoming 1/48 VF-1J will share the same size as Yamato's old 1/48, then yes, it will be similar in size with Arcadia's 1/60 VF-0's.

From Jenius' Anymoon site:
Yamato-VF-0-12.jpg

Welp. I, for one, welcome our new 1:48-scale overlords. 

The video hits on a lot of nostalgia points for me, since I started with the Yamato 1:48s when I got into this hobby years ago. I think Bandai has done a fantastic job improving on the old gimmicks and adding their own style to the mix. I love how the new hip-bar mechanism works and allows for the waist movement. I can't wait to see it all in person, and...where's that Roy 1S TV announcement? :p

8 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Really?  I guess I have been lucky that none of my 13 Yamato and Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 toys have experienced that issue.

The DX's tail fin just looked very flimsy in that video, I was honestly surprised they did not do a re-shoot of that portion.

Really?  No.  Not on any of my 22 Yamcadias does that happen.

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I watched it again the second time and I didn't see any locking mechanism for the backpack when it gets folded. Would it just hang loosely or the hinge will be stiffer but gets loose over time?

If the hinge geometry is anything like the Yammie 1/48 or HMR, it shouldn't have any issue with staying uhh... fully erect. The hinges on those go just a little over-center.

And yes to the conversation above, the Yamato 1/48 did have the recessing back hatch as well. And yes, the tailfin pivots had some similar "looseness" during transformation -- the pivot needed that freedom of movement to allow the tailfin to move laterally so that it could fold as flat as possible. What the DX 1/48 really brings forward as advances to the general form imho is the Hi-Metal-like sliding arm joints, the extra leg cant-joint at the upper intakes, and the releasable Yammie-style swingbar w/waist joint. Alltogether I really like what I'm seeing am glad that I've got two on order.

I am a bit surprised that so many here apparently haven't had hands-on experience with the 1/48 Yammies. I must be getting old.

Edited by Hiriyu

9 minutes ago, Hiriyu said:

I am a bit surprised that so many here apparently haven't had hands-on experience with the 1/48 Yammies. I must be getting old.

I joined late in the Yamato game so I don't have a 1/48. And I couldn't afford it back in the day when it got released. ^_^

Can't freakin wait for December! This is gonna be the new King of VF-1's! And for those of you who missed out on Yamato 1:48's -- other than the cool paint schemes, and the "cool" factor back in the day because there WAS NO 1:60 V2 yet...you're not missing anything..trust me.  

EDIT - -I will say...I think the Hi Metal R stubby replacement wings have won me over...the new guy's wings just look...way to long now in Battroid....oh well...nitpick. :unknw:

Edited by derex3592

12 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

This is probably the truest, and funniest things I've read all day. :lol: 

I hope that Bandai knocks this out of the part, I want to see Bandai give Max variants some love, especially his DYRL 1S or TV 1A.

-b.

1 hour ago, Hiriyu said:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I joined late in the Yamato game so I don't have a 1/48. And I couldn't afford it back in the day when it got released. ^_^

I think that most of us got the 1/60 valks first and then got the 1/48 later on.

1/48 takes it to another level of valk experiences and feeling. If I had a choice, the 1/60 will be on the chopping block if I'm strapped for cash (minus few a few that I'll keep) as I'm not getting rid of my 1/48. :)

12 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

I'm getting one for now, Holding out for a VF-1S TV Roy and VF-1A Cannon Fodders... I'll get multiples of those! B))

Fast Packs.... of course! 

51 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

This is probably the truest, and funniest things I've read all day. :lol: 

I hope that Bandai knocks this out of the part, I want to see Bandai give Max variants some love, especially his DYRL 1S or TV 1A.

-b.

i'm a sucker for VF-1's. i do hope this succeeds in it's own way. :good:

15 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I'm getting one for now, Holding out for a VF-1S TV Roy and VF-1A Cannon Fodders... I'll get multiples of those! B))

Fast Packs.... of course! 

i'm so waiting for Roy. i need to get multiples of vf-1s. :wub: