Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

52 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I paid Amiami as soon as I got their email last night. No shipping notice. Looks like Amiami won't be shipping till next year.

This is the first time they've failed me for the last time! 

I was also a bit disappointed but it was Saturday afternoon local time when the payment requests went out.

Oh well I guess I could have gone with cheaper shipping if my EMS shipment arrives when I’m out. 

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Ugh, having watched the video, I am not a fan of how the legs completely detach in transforming from fighter to battroid mode.

Reminds me a bit too much of the Yamato v1 in that regard.

The detachment process is optional, unlike on Yamato V1. In the new Bandai, there is a swing bar with a fastener. So you can leave the legs attached, or you can detach them and get a waist swivel. I'd prefer that it didn't detach at all, but I understand the compromise.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

So hoping for vermillion squadron..

Yes, thanks! The Vermilion squadron only got love in the Yammie V2 1/60 line.

The "exclusive" mail order Yammie 1/48 versions helped me miss those releases. Sorry to say this, but even Robotech respects the Vermilion squadron more than Yamato and Bandai ever did. I will not buy the robotech versions for obvious reasons though. I hope their kitzconcept 1/72 line is amazing, since i know they will release the full squadron.

My 1/55 line, incomplete.

My 1/48, incomplete.

My HM-R line, incomplete.

My V1 1/60 Yammie, incomplete.

I had to go and buy the V2 1/60 Yammie valks, to finally have the complete Vermilion squadron. Then, I never opened them, for fear of the evil fracturing shoulders. It drives me nuts. All i want is that and the 1D, and it is always a pain to complete it. Is it too much to ask for 4 a valk squadron and a 1D? I had to buy 5 lines of products, to only have one of them completed. Yes, i am frustrated to the core. 

If Bandai releases the Vermilion squadron first, I promise I'll visit Japan, and lick Mr & Mrs Bandai's feet. 

Edited by vlenhoff
content

It’s crazy to see how much better it is in every area over Yamato. I know time and advancement helped but when things like the bulk of the arms and how far the nose cone rests in battroid compared to the Yammie is a wonder. Can’t wait. I but the bullet for a decently priced Ebay one. With shipping I paid about 50-60 bucks more than other retailers 

Was Amazon JP selling direct? If so, were they coming in and out of stock? I think it's my best bet after missing PO and having hlj cancel. For some reason I can't justify the inflated $25x price on Amazon. Need a win to finish 2018 also my first post, happy I found you guys. 

Hmmm...

Based on David's post from Stonekeung01 the 1/48 GBP armour might not fit (based on my observations) to nightmare and rdrunner. Bandai has changed the overall appearance on the 1J from Yammie's 1/48 offering.

• Chest area - Yamato is fatter and longer than compared to Bandai's offering which is skinner and shorter (looking at the vents along the flight cockpit area).
  • Arms - Totally different as the Yamato looks like a skeleton while the DX version is more atomically correct as the forearms are more like a humanoid.
  • Hipbone (Intake turbine area) [Ha! Going to give a Shakria reference here: Hips Don't Lie. :lol:] - Yamato has it shorter and stubbier while the DX has it longer and wider.
  • Legs - Are wing canards on the thigh going to fit and be flush with the DX wearing the Yammie version? The DX version looks slightly longer.
  • Pilot sitting area - The Yammie looks like it's sitting lower than the DX since its sitting up higher towards the chest.

There's more that I can actually nit pick, however I'll leave it as that.

Still going to keep the Yammie 1/48 and also get the DX version as well.

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

via Stonekeung01 Toysdaily mod

From left to right: 1/60 Arcadia, 1/48 YAMATO, DX superalloy

220757ihnnopsnnahe9a3z.jpg

The leg tbar connectivity/position is lower and nearer to the nosecone-tip on the Bandai DX, making the nosecone about parallel to the wings in the back. It makes the DX seems a tad taller than the old Yammie 1/48.

5 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

It’s release day and haven’t seen any more stock pop up at the original price. You guys think it’s a risk waiting for more potential stock to be listed or bite the bullet and get one off Amazon JP?  Not really liking that $50 mark up...

It's the weekend over in Japan. Also, most shops in Japan are most likely already observing their new year's holiday break till next week.

Better try to check them again around thursday or friday next week.

Think only scalpers are currently selling at the moment.

So thinking back to the “First Edition” DX, now that it has been released and the bases will possibly not be available for the next 1J release might Bandai replace the bases with the missle packs instead.

Here’s to hoping they do. I would much rather buy another VF-1J with missle packs.

3 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

So thinking back to the “First Edition” DX, now that it has been released and the bases will possibly not be available for the next 1J release might Bandai replace the bases with the missle packs instead.

Here’s to hoping they do. I would much rather buy another VF-1J with missle packs.

I can only speculate but I don't think we'll see a Hikaru 1J re-release any time soon (at least a year) and I think they'd be much more likely to do another TWE reissue rather than create a retail bundle. We are in new territory though since they're going TWE on items that aren't valk specific this time around. I would think the following VF-1 toys will be released before we get back to Hikaru's 1J:
VF-1S Focker
VF-1S Hikaru
VF-1A Hikaru
Sprinkle in releases of fast packs and maybe a GBP and it may take a while to revisit the 1J. It's possible that the non 1J toys will come with missiles, like maybe just the DYRL style missiles since those are all DYRL releases. Bandai's strategy here is definitely... interesting.

1 hour ago, canklebreaker said:

It’s release day and haven’t seen any more stock pop up at the original price. You guys think it’s a risk waiting for more potential stock to be listed or bite the bullet and get one off Amazon JP?  Not really liking that $50 mark up...

If you see it back up please let me know. I've been refreshing the same 4 websites like it's my job. 

1 hour ago, canklebreaker said:

The release date was yesterday not today .   You can wait after the holiday to see if any more will pop up Incase any of their shipment batches are still in transit.

but I think that’s it for the msrp price from Amazon jp 

you might see more reopening from other sites from no payment cancellations, but then they can not give you the low AMAZON shipping rate. 

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

The release date was yesterday not today .   You can wait after the holiday to see if any more will pop up Incase any of their shipment batches are still in transit.

but I think that’s it for the msrp price from Amazon jp 

you might see more reopening from other sites from no payment cancellations, but then they can not give you the low AMAZON shipping rate. 

Hoping to catch it from other sites. Shipping doesn't bother me. It is what it is. But it's the $50 over MSRP that has be hesitating on checking out. It's my own fault, which stings. I cooled off of buying most collectibles but with my divorce it's back to enjoying the finer things. Toys! This was my first planned decorative collectible for my new pad. My ex hated my toys. Looking for a miracle. 

18 minutes ago, F360 said:

some good comparisons 

I like this guy's reviews. Alsways shows more details than other YouTubers I've seen.

Ooohh.. he transformed it without removing the legs.

Why does it seem like its a lot easier to transform than the Yamato 1/48?

Edited by rsvictor1976