Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Here are the new shipping charges for the DX VF-1. Note that SAL is the nearly same price as EMS. I wonder how it will actually ship *roll eyes*...shady motherf*ckers  

E276DD51-1307-4F15-9574-608075FC0E5F.png

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

13 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Here are the new shipping charges for the DX VF-1. Note that SAL is the nearly same price as EMS. I wonder how it will actually ship *roll eyes*...shady motherf*ckers  

E276DD51-1307-4F15-9574-608075FC0E5F.png

How do you change the shipping option? I already pay for the order.

I don't understand where NY get's these shipping costs?  How in the heck does SAL Registered cost 5000 JY?

I've always used HobbySearch's shipping table to estimate shipping costs and they are accurate.  There isn't even an option past 2,000 g for SAL Registered.  How TF are NY going to charge 5000 JY?

Capture.JPG.c8cb1cb556e153022d2768e92e382602.JPG

Getting close to the end of my rope with these folks.  Their prices are on par with other retailers once you account for their creative shipping charges.

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

NY invoiced me an additional 2260 JY. WTF

The first time they did this was for the HMR Focker right?  Damn shame that they're employing the same tactics again. What's the point in pre-ordering from them when at the end they come out more expensive than the other retailers?

Yeah they did something equally shady when MP Tracks was released...some calculation was off and they were charging waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much money for a deluxe car robot.

I have had good experiences with NY so far [especially with them marking down Macross items] but these look very shady. 

SAL costs can fluctuate depending on the size of the package though, that much I know. 

Here’s the numbers 

Item Size/Weight : 38 x 25 x 14.7 cm / 1762g

So with packaging and shipping box , it will go over 2000g for sure .  That means no small packet.   

Shipping box and packaging for this size should be around 850g  so the final weight will probably be around 2600g 

28 minutes ago, F360 said:

Here’s the numbers 

Item Size/Weight : 38 x 25 x 14.7 cm / 1762g

So with packaging and shipping box , it will go over 2000g for sure .  That means no small packet.   

Shipping box and packaging for this size should be around 850g  so the final weight will probably be around 2600g 

Excellent, thanks for the info.  Maybe the jacked up price at NY is for SAL Parcel; not SAL Small Packet.

Should find out soon; I paid my extra shipping fees this morning :\

I also got an additional ¥800 on top of the initial ¥5000 EMS (I preordered on the 7/27/2018 and it was ¥5000 EMS ). New total: ¥5800 *Sigh*

Another thing I wanted to get from NY a few months back had a ¥10000 EMS shipping cost (when most other retailers were asking for ¥6000 for the same product..). I contacted them regarding the matter, even calculated the weight etc using the JP Post, but they kept insisting it was ¥10000. Needless to say I did not go for it.

As for the DX, when you see that NY retail price has already shot up to ¥27000 I guess I can swallow a sneaky extra ¥800. But as a matter of principle, they better not make a habit of it.

1 minute ago, tjdetweiler said:

and I thought 4700 yen EMS from Mykombini was bad (I know it is a big box) Wow, that is quite a huge mark up on shipping from NY...

Gotta make up for those rock bottom pre-order prices!!!

17 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Gotta make up for those rock bottom pre-order prices!!!

Haha, yeah...it's just a different business model and in the end, if you got an initial preorder in, it should still end up cheaper than most other places. I didn't get an order in with NY but out of the hundreds of orders I've had with them, they've only asked for additional shipping maybe three times for a combined amount of under $20. That's a lot less than the amount I have saved by shopping with them.

My amiami shipping bill probably won't be pretty, especially since they don't have a ferry option.

18 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow, DX battroid looks beast mode compared to those other figs.

Anyone know specifically what the other two valks are (Arcadia/Yamato)?

The one on the right is a v2 1/60 .  Looks yamato, as it looks slightly off-white and has a rainbow canopy.

I believe the the one on the left is the Bandai 1/72 model kit, but not 100% sure on that.

21 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow, DX battroid looks beast mode compared to those other figs.

Anyone know specifically what the other two valks are (Arcadia/Yamato)?

On the right is a 1/60 Yamato. The one on the left I'm not familiar with. Maybe a 1/100 Toynami?

DX doesn't have a neck at this angle. Also really small hands.

I think the lack of neck is due to the angle of the figure/camera.  Hands do look a little small tho :)

Overall I think the proportions on the DX look much better than the Yamato.  Can always swap out the hands when they release T.V. accessories.  Or maybe someone will make something larger available on shapeways.

I LIKE IT!!!