Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

what's a month or two to get it in hand when bandai hypes it with the original valk toy...I will have to scratch my itch via all the reviews when it's out!!

Maybe Bandai wants to remind everyone to collect until the 50th anniversary of macross for the ultimate vf-1!! :p

image.jpg.ac4a441b9deb2467134632ba17f07221.jpg

Gotta admit the old chunkies still hold a special place in my heart....so am hyped to get the latest to feel how far bandai has progressed...

image.jpg.23457ebffcf571a438b70a7e68963fb5.jpg

Sorry for the low res iPad2 pics lol...

Edited by seti88

10 minutes ago, Jwwu said:

From Japan’s proxy fees is only 300yen? Of course you’re also paying for domestic shipment from Bandai to FJ’s warehouse. 

That should be maybe another 1000yen?

Does that sound correct?

Normally the domestic shipping fee is stated on the original Japanese site you are getting the item. Any extra fees would be handling, checking or packing fees from the proxy itself. Then after that add a final shipping fee to the buyer.

7 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

My bad I thought you were talking about the “case where NY has been sketchy on delivering TWE”. 

To be clear I am referring to my order for the VF-31A from NY. A TWE that I really REALLY wanted, paid for, and never received. 

That does suck. Is your order still open and you are waiting or did you cancel it? 

This new DX is looking very good! Separate accessories are annoying but it is what it is. I'll probably end up getting it all.

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

Gotta admit the old chunkies still hold a special place in my heart....so am hyped to get the latest to feel how far bandai has progressed...

I say very far, my friend. They over-engineer simple stuff, remember? :rolleyes:

But kidding aside, I have to admit between the current Macross stuff that Bandai’s been doing compared to the old Takatoku stuff, it’s huge. I really do appreciate current technology on how to create those complex transformation and still keep those cool looking feature of a plane and a robot.

The only thing I really do miss from the old toys is the quality to stand the test of time. Like usually it would break years, and I mean years, after you purchase it from playing roughly with it. Remember you were a child back then when you were playing these solid toys. And not a couple of days or months even just after you, as an adult, transformed it — very carefully. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Any stateside shops carrying these?

None that I know of. Most of the Macross toys we purchase it directly online from Japan. It will be stateside afterwards if ever a member here decides to sell it.

And also, there's that legal issues why there's no Macross toys sold stateswide.

Try Amazon Japan, CDJapan, AmiAmi, and Hobby Link Japan on launch day.

For best results, install a webmonitor plugin (I use Distill) to lurk and refresh the sites on your behalf, and order when one of them pops up as available.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 minutes ago, Numbninja said:

Hey good folks...i'm trying my darnedest to get my hands on po of this toy....i know its been said it should be available on launch day, but will it be scalpers or bandai putting out additional items for grabs....i really want this

Stores normally order more then their preorder amount for that just Incase .  People will also cancel their preorders near or just after release (none payment)

the price will depend on the store .

If available:

hlj same price 

hobby search same price

cdjapan same price

animai no preorder discount/msrp

nippon-Yasan price goes up 

non-non-game price goes up

amazon jp , price will be same if direct from amazon ,   Fulfill by amazon from 3rd party seller will go up in price . 

48 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Try Amazon Japan, CDJapan, AmiAmi, and Hobby Link Japan on launch day.

For best results, install a webmonitor plugin (I use Distill) to lurk and refresh the sites on your behalf, and order when one of them pops up as available.

i didn't know that...thanx sir

48 minutes ago, F360 said:

Stores normally order more then their preorder amount for that just Incase .  People will also cancel their preorders near or just after release (none payment)

the price will depend on the store .

If available:

hlj same price 

hobby search same price

cdjapan same price

animai no preorder discount/msrp

nippon-Yasan price goes up 

non-non-game price goes up

amazon jp , price will be same if direct from amazon ,   Fulfill by amazon from 3rd party seller will go up in price . 

Much respect sir...thanx, i will prepare my mind and body for this

33 minutes ago, Gwynne said:

This looks like it could be the best VF-1 to date.  It looks great and I am late to the party as usual.  My wallet might take a bigger hit than most to get one of these.

I'm sure that you'll be just fine so no need to fret. Make sure that you have enough funds and be on time to get your copy of the DX VF-1J.

The pricy valk that's presently available right now is the DX YF-19 Full Set (roughly 26k yen) just released not long ago from the Macross Plus anime. 

On 13 Disember 2018 at 3:42 AM, no3Ljm said:

I say very far, my friend. They over-engineer simple stuff, remember? :rolleyes:

But kidding aside, I have to admit between the current Macross stuff that Bandai’s been doing compared to the old Takatoku stuff, it’s huge. I really do appreciate current technology on how to create those complex transformation and still keep those cool looking feature of a plane and a robot.

The only thing I really do miss from the old toys is the quality to stand the test of time. Like usually it would break years, and I mean years, after you purchase it from playing roughly with it. Remember you were a child back then when you were playing these solid toys. And not a couple of days or months even just after you, as an adult, transformed it — very carefully. :unsure:

Times change yeah....kinda miss the simpler stuff back then... built tough!

They werent sleek, had stickers and simple transforming mechanisms...but yet never failed to catch ur imagination :wub:

Guess that's why i don't get too fussed up abt the toys nowadays (except for the dang price and occasional pink hue :angry::D )...just glad someone is still pumping out macross! 

Edited by seti88

Chubby Hubby is one of the best toys of all time period. The new stuff looks better but I can transform the 1/55 in seconds and do it all day, every way, every day, to this day. And it still looks good too. 

But yeah, I look forward to getting my hands on the new DX. If I can get the big TV 4, I’ll be good but I’ll be happy with as much as they want to give me. 

2 hours ago, petervenkman said:

When is the grey goggle version out? ;)

If and when they decide to issue the DX GBP Armoured Set and Bandai makes us fork out more funds for the new DX VF-1J "Grey Goggle variant" mold.. :lol:

Seriously speaking.. If the DX GBP set does get made, why can't Bandai make the Grey Goggle DX VF-1J head sculpt as an add on like the VF-27 Beta [Grace/Cannon fodder version]? :rolleyes:

Edited by borgified
spelling

I don't think i'll be getting full armors for my 1/48 dx, possible collection. Maybe only full set of armors and missiles, but i'm more interested in the valks themselves. I have plenty of armors[super & gbp] for my existing Yammies 1/48.

As long as i can get a sleek, well made valkyrie, armor & missiles are secondary to me. I don't know if i'll change my mind later on, but as of now, I just want to the pure essence of a VF-1 

Edited by vlenhoff
typos

Just now, vlenhoff said:

That box is looking big, for not having any accessories. Maybe it is the display arm thing making it big. 

I'm pretty sure it still has optional hands.  And it will have a standard display stand (as well as the "special edition" one).  And a gunpod and strap.

And a gerwalk antenna...

I think that's it.  But yeah, box does seem a little large, even with that.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

We’ve already seen the box. It seems bigger than a 31 box or the people holding it are little people. 

Yes I know we've seen the box. And I qualified my statement with "at least" at the end which indicates that it will at minimum the size of a 31 box, but possibly bigger. And maybe they are little people? Not like there's a ruler in the pictures.