Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

From the pics it seems like the attachment points on the missile sets are shaped almost identical to the Yamato design.  But, knowing Bandai, I am sure the tolerances will just be off *a tiny little bit* so that the Yamato ones (which we probably have many spare sets of) will not work.

I’d think the scale would also be off, with the 1/60 missiles looking too small on the 1/48. 

I’m probably in for a set, even though it works out to around $3 per missile piece. Being TWE, I expect that initial prices at NY shouldnt be any higher than MSRP, right?

8 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I’d think the scale would also be off, with the 1/60 missiles looking too small on the 1/48. 

I’m probably in for a set, even though it works out to around $3 per missile piece. Being TWE, I expect that initial prices at NY shouldnt be any higher than MSRP, right?

They were probably talking about the 1/48 Yamato, not the 1/60...

Prices at NY will include tax in Japan and some other fees like shipping but should still be cheaper than most other options besides ordering direct the way it was meant to be for people in Japan.

This crap is making me reconsider getting into this line. They are making it easy for me to pass on this. Multiple expensive accessories, 1/48 scale (I like it but not consistent with everything else). We use to complian about Arcadia pricing but with them at least you get the missles and strike parts included.

21 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yeah sorry I was talking about the 1/48 Yamato missile sets that came with *every* 1/48 valk they released. I have 3 sets of regular missiles and 2 sets of reaction missiles that I hardly ever use anyway.

Having recently bought KO VF-171 EX missile sets on Taobao, I won't be surprised if the missile and hands sets will eventually get KO'd.  That's why I am buying one set at most, and only if the price is sensible.

21 minutes ago, Sandman said:

We use to complian about Arcadia pricing but with them at least you get the missles and strike parts included.

Don't forget -- it's Premium Finished too. ;) 

Now, not sure how many missiles set should I preorder. :rolleyes:

I think it’s best to get at least the same amount of missiles sets as your number of 1/48 valks.  The future release might include missiles for a higher price .  Or if not , they will just reopen the missiles preorders like what they do on extra tamashii exclusive batches .  

Well I guess I need to order a set. I don't want the VF-1J but if Bandai decides to do a DYRL? VF-1S Hikaru Custom I don't want to pay aftermarket prices for these missiles. 

I wonder if these will fit on the 1/60 DX Chogokin Valkyries. 

Oh wow I missed the PO announcement on the previous page lol

So yeah to order from NY or not. I guess not because I really REALLY want a couple sets and they may frakk it up (E.G. still no VF-31A I paid for over a year ago). 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

8 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Actually, I am kind of pondering cancelling my DX VF-1J pre-order or selling it, in favor of consolidating to the HMR and the 1/60-ish scale Yamato v2 / Arcadia / DX Chogokin lines.  

Having a 1/48-ish scale valkyrie just does not fit in with all the other toys in my collection... and I don't want to start collecting yet another line of toys in a different scale.

I cancelled my pre-order at CD Japan.  I don't know if it will open up a pre-order opportunity for any of you wanting the VF-1J, but thought I would mention it just in case.

8 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Actually, I am kind of pondering cancelling my DX VF-1J pre-order or selling it, in favor of consolidating to the HMR and the 1/60-ish scale Yamato v2 / Arcadia / DX Chogokin lines.  

Having a 1/48-ish scale valkyrie just does not fit in with all the other toys in my collection... and I don't want to start collecting yet another line of toys in a different scale.

I'm with you.  I don't want to start collecting another line.  The 1/60 and HMR are where I'm staying.  Resisting the pre-order was difficult.  But it gets easier by the day.  It is looking good though.

On 12/4/2018 at 12:53 PM, treatment said:

Yo!

Think you've been asking both here and at TFW regarding the DX 1J availability.

ami's got one up now for you, courtesy of AlexGS:

here's the link again for you:

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-041234

Either wait for the other japan-shops to open up again, or preorder from ami now if you still want it. 

No more po-discount, but at least it's at MSRP.

I’m a noob when it comes to ordering via proxy (I have used From Japan for auctions and Rakuten purchases though). 

How does one use a proxy service to purchase TWE items like the missile set?

And is NY the other option? Will they have pre-orders on the 20 Dec even for TWE items? 

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Jwwu said:

I’m a noob when it comes to ordering via proxy (I have used From Japan for auctions and Rakuten purchases though). 

How does one use a proxy service to purchase TWE items like the missile set?

And is NY the other option? Will they have pre-orders on the 20 Dec even for TWE items? 

Thanks

Places like Nippon-Yasan (NY) and CDJapan sell web exclusive stuff.  No need for a proxy service.

I wonder if you’re ordering a large number of TWE items would it be better to go with a proxy service instead of NY, as NY’s shipping is always highly inflated, granted that the proxy service is not also charging inflated shipping. 

Also the chance of getting your items from NY has been sketchy for greater than 1 qty TWE item.  

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

There is only one case where NY has been sketchy on delivering TWE and in the end, they still delivered. Their prices will be closest to buying direct with no hassle so that’s where I’m ordering from. 

Speak for yourself. I never received my order from NY. They haven’t delivered a damn thing to me. 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Does CDJ sell p-bandai exclusives @PO pricing? I didnt recall they did...

but proxy services has fees, so it was never meant to be obtained at PO pricing. at least, NY is priced competitively and in the long stay here at forums, they only messed up on 31A

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

They haven’t delivered any orders you ever made there or just the 31A? Anyways, that sucks but yeah, I’m glad they are around. 

My bad I thought you were talking about the “case where NY has been sketchy on delivering TWE”. 

To be clear I am referring to my order for the VF-31A from NY. A TWE that I really REALLY wanted, paid for, and never received. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

but proxy services has fees, so it was never meant to be obtained at PO pricing. at least, NY is priced competitively and in the long stay here at forums, they only messed up on 31A

Yeah I know proxies have fees. Am wondering if CDJ ever did what N-Y did, which is open up orders for macross TWE items as per p-bandai PO timing. I don’t recall CDJ doing that.

CDJ proxies usually are similar to buying stuff that is sold out or at scalper pricing..and not as a way to get a p-bandai item when it lists on p-Bandai..not that I remember for macross anyway...hence my question..

Edited by seti88