Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Whoa... That's a LOT for missiles. Since it's a tax included price, does that mean it's TWE or is there a chance we'll be able to buy it before tax and maybe at a discount?

December DX VF-1
January Lil Drakken DX
March VF-4G HMR
April VF-1D HMR
May VF-1 Missiles

Is Feb a reprieve month or did I forget something?

Edited by jenius

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

THE HANDS?  REALLY? C'Mon, they can't! They won't! They gotta at least bundle them with something. Or, they should ship them all out in gashapon capsules and laugh at us.

I was hoping they'd bundle the TV hands with TV reaction missiles at least. Or stick them in with the TV Supers.

22 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Eh, I'm alright with paying ¥4,000 for the armaments, since I can just buy 1 and spread it out across 3 different VF-1 figures.

That is a fair point, but it's still an excessive amount for what used to be included with the Yamato valks.

I mean.. yeesh, that's basically half the cost of a 1/60 VF-1, and all you're getting is a pre-painted pile of plastic that has no moving parts at all.  Go buy the Hasegawa set, it'll be a better deal.

Edited by Chronocidal

39 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Why would they just increase the SRP of the main toy by 2000 yen and be done.

Unsurprising, really. 

Shouldn't really even cost 2000y to add to the SRP just to include them.

They did a similar shenanigan with the 4300yen GX-70VS TWE crap, when all they had to do was include the usual tiny Hover Pilder to the regular GX-70 like with all other previous SOC Mazingers...

:5:

Edited by treatment

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

Whoa... That's a LOT for missiles. Since it's a tax included price, does that mean it's TWE or is there a chance we'll be able to buy it before tax and maybe at a discount?

December DX VF-1
January Lil Drakken DX
March VF-4G HMR
April VF-1D HMR
May VF-1 Missiles

Is Feb a reprieve month or did I forget something?

yes, February has been a reprieve month, thats when the lunar new year holidays are in CN and other parts in asia.

Just wait till we finally get that TV SDF-1. Daedalus and Prometheus sold separately as TWEs! ^_^

32 minutes ago, jenius said:

Doubtful since AE, NY, or whoever would have to order from Bandai and they wouldn't be exempt from domestic consumption tax. It's always been like that. 

The issue is, will they re-release the missiles or not? Reason being if they keep releasing other VF-1's down the line, which they will, you'll be missile-less unless they re-issue them or you pay aftermarket prices.......

I might have to pick up more than 1 missile set :/

I think it was determined that SDF-1 is part of a non-transforming model ship line Bandai has. 

As for the missiles, yeah, I’m getting two sets. Learned my lesson, I did. 

3 hours ago, Vi-RS said:

So this how Bandai plays the game.

C4272315-53AF-4242-A3EF-41C2739A172A.jpeg

It's a cheap move by Bandai. But it's how they make money. :unsure:

28 minutes ago, Duymon said:

The issue is, will they re-release the missiles or not? Reason being if they keep releasing other VF-1's down the line, which they will, you'll be missile-less unless they re-issue them or you pay aftermarket prices.......

I might have to pick up more than 1 missile set :/

Me too. I'll probably get 2 just to offset the shipping cost. And besides with this scale, I'm just going to get Hikaru's 1J and 1S. Maybe 1A if ever. And I think 2 set will cover 3 Hikaru Valks. VF-1J uses AMM-1 Missiles. Both VF-1S and VF-1A carried UUM-7 Micro Missile Pods in the movie. Leaving me with 2 extra sets of RMS-1 Reaction Missiles. ^_^ 

27 minutes ago, Dobber said:

What is the 1/6000 SDF-1 they have pictured?

It's from a series called Kikan Taizen that Bandai displayed before containing different ships in different scales from different animes.

Edited by no3Ljm

Unfortunately, the news about the missiles isn't surprising.  And with no mention of multiple releases, it might be worth doubling or tripling up now, or face serious mark ups on the secondary market later. On something that is probably overpriced to begin with.

The hands situation is a little more confusing, as it seems like the VF-1J comes with optional hands already.  Maybe future releases won't? Or maybe the stand alone hand package has a bunch of unique poses? Maybe they won't bother with selling just hands.

So now Bandai is hard up for cash and is going to nickel and dime us? I would have gladly paid a slightly more to include the correct TV set of accessories with this and any release.

So what’s next GPB missles are going to be sold separately form the armour? 

For shame Bandai. For shame indeed.

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Eh, I'm alright with paying ¥4,000 for the armaments, since I can just buy 1 and spread it out across 3 different VF-1 figures.

I had a similar thought-----"half the set" is just perfect IMHO, so I'll probably just try to find someone to split a set with. 

1 hour ago, F360 said:

The price is not that bad.  Even if you add in the 4000 yen for the missiles , the total is still cheaper than a Arcadia premium finish vf-1 at 1/60. 

As long that they don't package it with big box just for this small items. You know how crazy Bandai packs their stuff. :lol:

Eh. What would make me happy is if they figured out a place to stash the antenna when not in use. Be a lot better then rooting in the Valkyrie parts organizer. 

Does anyone know why Bandai insists on having a swing bar if it can be detached? I mean there seems to be no real purpose for it even in GERWALK or fighter. Bandai should just should have eliminated it and gone with the old Yamato V1 style. They could have had a great opportunity to build up incorporated side covers and at least lineart accurate detailing under the backplate. The strange connection pin still baffles me. Hopefully my gripe will be for nothing once I get this in hand and really understand the purpose of these so called enhancements.

3 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Does anyone know why Bandai insists on having a swing bar if it can be detached? I mean there seems to be no real purpose for it even in GERWALK or fighter. Bandai should just should have eliminated it and gone with the old Yamato V1 style. They could have had a great opportunity to build up incorporated side covers and at least lineart accurate detailing under the backplate. The strange connection pin still baffles me. Hopefully my gripe will be for nothing once I get this in hand and really understand the purpose of these so called enhancements.

It's not perfect transformation then without the swing bar because the legs are mysteriously detached and reappear at the hip. 

21 hours ago, Vi-RS said:

So this how Bandai plays the game.

C4272315-53AF-4242-A3EF-41C2739A172A.jpeg

Oh What a load of crap!

20 hours ago, Vi-RS said:

That proves what we speculated earlier that the Super, Strike parts and the hands will come in separate releases. 

This is so frickin sad. Not only are we getting gouged by not including the missiles, Each separate option add on will be an extra shipping cost on top of the over priced option set.

Anyone know how to cancel a hlj order on the new site. I deleted the item but it leaves the order there empty. Is that order considered cancelled now?

17 minutes ago, Vi-RS said:

It's not perfect transformation then without the swing bar because the legs are mysteriously detached and reappear at the hip. 

But perfect transformation has nothing to do with the sequence of transformation and what it take to achieve it. Perfect transformation has always referred to changing from one form to another and assimilating the form it is meant to represent. The swing bar used is really a lazy and old representation by Bandai originally introduced by Yamato. Heck you could detach the old Yamato swing bar and use the hip swivel just the same by removing the center pin on the swing bar. But oh well, Bandai has come this far but at the same time not really far enough.