Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

6 hours ago, jenius said:

I was thinking, it's funny, this will probably be the worst release QC wise, and we all kinda know that, but we're all still tripping over ourselves to get one.

I find it interesting how the interest changed a lot since the announcement this year. I recall it was a split of people people saying they didn't want anything to do with a 1/48 line since they already invested heavily in their 1/60 line, and the other set of members saying they'd buy it since it's almost like a the V3 of Perfect Transformation VF-1 or members who just cannot pass up any release of the VF-1.

So many of us looking forward to the DX.

unless it's just because members who are not interested and no longer participating in the thread. :p

I'm looking forward to this release A LOT. I'm hoping there aren't any 1st release syndrome issues as jenius is predicting. Look at the VF-19 Adv and the YF-19 Full Pack. It went the other way in for those.

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I have 3x 1J ordered and will get the 1S if/when it comes out. I don't think Bandai is going to make every variant like Yamato did, so replacing a 1/60 collection is a non-issue at this point. 

I'll revise that opinion if Bandai ever releases a DX 1D Virgin Road version. :)

How many of those 1J's are getting the Lolicon Panel line, super detail treatment? 

A DX VF-1D Trainer first and then bring on the Virgin Road! :D

I'll be waiting for Max/Milia TV 1J's, with super packs.  :)    They should be "peak" releases---all the kinks worked out, and with "ver 1.2" upgrades---but still new enough that they're not suffering from mold tolerance degradation.  (though the DX YF-19's tailfin molds are already worse than the VF-19ADV)  

The same anecdotal evidence could be taken from the VF-25 V2 series. I didn't think there were any adjustments to that design for any of the toys in that series. Granted the Ver 1 was kind of the test bed for that series right?

If the DX VF-1 is fine on the VF-1J I wouldn't expect Bandai revise the DX with Ver 1.1, 1.2 etc.

They did well on the 31 series as mentioned. Also the 29 too?

Hmm...its the basic vf-1 and bandai has released more complicated valks than this, how wrong can it get....*knocks on wood!* 

only areas of concern is the new detachable bar for the hips and....tampo? Scale wise i dont think a larger scale will pose that much of issues...

Edited by seti88

9 hours ago, eggy99 said:

The same anecdotal evidence could be taken from the VF-25 V2 series. I didn't think there were any adjustments to that design for any of the toys in that series. Granted the Ver 1 was kind of the test bed for that series right?

If the DX VF-1 is fine on the VF-1J I wouldn't expect Bandai revise the DX with Ver 1.1, 1.2 etc.

They did well on the 31 series as mentioned. Also the 29 too?

The -29 had several changes, the original was the worst, though it certainly wasn't 'bad' as I recall.  Most notable is the revised "support strut" for Gerwalk mode (wider/thicker, with a longer and possibly off-set tab?).  I believe the VF-25 renewal had a somewhat similar change to improve Gerwalk.    The -25 renewal also later modified the intake area (Michael and Luca's?), for the Super Part hip armor to clip in better (I really wish my Alto had that mod).    

16 hours ago, Graham said:

I may get a VF-1S Hikaru DYRL type when/if they release it, as that's always been my favorite VF-1 variant. But I'll be skipping the VF-1J.

I'm with you on this one, Graham. I'm looking forward to see a DX VF-1S Hikaru version. But sad to say, I'm not skipping the VF-1J. ^_^ 

10 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

The -29 had several changes, the original was the worst, though it certainly wasn't 'bad' as I recall.  Most notable is the revised "support strut" for Gerwalk mode (wider/thicker, with a longer and possibly off-set tab?).  I believe the VF-25 renewal had a somewhat similar change to improve Gerwalk.    The -25 renewal also later modified the intake area (Michael and Luca's?), for the Super Part hip armor to clip in better (I really wish my Alto had that mod).    

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up. :good: