Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

I don't get how I'm so excited about the VF-1J for the like umpteenth time. It and the 1S are like the Grandaddy RX-78 of Macross :0

I know right?? I’m so looking forward to this too!

Chris

6 hours ago, Duymon said:

I don't get how I'm so excited about the VF-1J for the like umpteenth time. It and the 1S are like the Grandaddy RX-78 of Macross :0

its hard to be  a macross fan and not get excited for a new vf-1j and vf-1s i think.   its like a new mp optimus coming out for transformers fans and yes like the rx-78-2 for gundam

11 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Hey, I never noticed before, does it have side covers?  Yes, the lack of ejector triangles is pretty un-forgivable.

WTF no ejection seat markings? Goddammit Bandai. All that tampo printing and they forget one of the most obvious ones? It's always two steps forward, one step back with Bandai. 

I'm thinking the side covers are removable. Even at this scale I don't see where there would be room for them to collapse into. Real world toys can't use anime magic. ;)

37 minutes ago, jenius said:

200 x 2

Thanks for the math lesson.

He said he had a second one preordered at NY, and that he was canceling it. I'll spare you the English lesson and just say that that statement implies he's canceling one unit. Perhaps he meant he had two orders, but that's not the meaning one would get from his statement.

24 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

He said he had a second one preordered at NY, and that he was canceling it. I'll spare you the English lesson and just say that that statement implies he's canceling one unit. Perhaps he meant he had two orders, but that's not the meaning one would get from his statement.

I'm much more eager for you to give me a math lesson on how your reading of that sentence could have ever been the correct reading? If you know the math doesn't work, so you know you've misunderstood, it should be pretty easy to grasp what the correct meaning was, even if you didn't agree with the sentence structure. 

29 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'm much more eager for you to give me a math lesson on how your reading of that sentence could have ever been the correct reading? If you know the math doesn't work, so you know you've misunderstood, it should be pretty easy to grasp what the correct meaning was, even if you didn't agree with the sentence structure. 

2 hours ago, spanner said:

I have a second one PO'd at NY but I think I'm gonna cancel it.. its $400 I think could be better spent else where, especially at xmas time.

He's going to cancel a single PO (singular 'it' that he's going to cancel) which consists of a single unit (second one). This action is going to free up $400 to be spent elsewhere. This leads me to believe, if I take the sentence entirely literally and assume no mistakes were made, that he paid $400 for one unit.

One day two men fight all day long. A said 2x3=6,  but B said 2x3=5. 

Couldn't reach mutual agreement, they both went to the local court. The judge announced that A is wrong, and have him fined $200. A was really pissed off, and questioned the judge's capability back, "B is stupid, why am I being punished?"

The judge told A, "Which idiot on earth could spent one day fighting with someone who said 2x3=5, who else should I punish if it wasn’t you?".

Edited by Vi-RS

Yeah sorry thats $400 Australian dollars.. at the moment 25000 yen is about $310ish and roughly 6000yen for shipping is another 70-80 so thats pretty much 400.. and the AUD will probably continue to sink even further by then so it could even be over 400!

Edited by spanner

1 hour ago, spanner said:

Yeah sorry thats $400 Australian dollars.. at the moment 25000 yen is about $310ish and roughly 6000yen for shipping is another 70-80 so thats pretty much 400.. and the AUD will probably continue to sink even further by then so it could even be over 400!1

oh man i hadn't considered AUD sliding putting the price up... i always try and pay at time of pre-order but CD Japan only pre-authorize. hope we're not slugged too much!

17 hours ago, apptt4 said:

oh man i hadn't considered AUD sliding putting the price up... i always try and pay at time of pre-order but CD Japan only pre-authorize. hope we're not slugged too much!

:(

My thoughts exactly.  I got mine in at HLJ but it's the same story with pay later at time of release.

23 hours ago, jenius said:

200 x 2

23 hours ago, Lolicon said:

22 hours ago, jenius said:

21 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Or he meant AUS dollars, I don't know how far the Australian dollar has plunged thought

21 hours ago, spanner said:

Yeah sorry thats $400 Australian dollars.. at the moment 25000 yen is about $310ish and roughly 6000yen for shipping is another 70-80 so thats pretty much 400.. and the AUD will probably continue to sink even further by then so it could even be over 400!

So Lolicon wins Jenius loses:lol: jk, Happy Thanksgiving Jenius and Lolicon! 

i love how the thumbs up and thumbs down on the posts got it so wrong. 

On 11/17/2018 at 10:36 AM, Vi-RS said:

You are kidding, right? How dare you condemn Yoshiyuki Takani.

Someone in Japan just made a model kit to pay tribute to Takani’s work.

me

I Loved/love this type of illustration. i had a GTC [galactic trade commission] catalog back then, and it had several kits with this style of illustration. 

Edited by vlenhoff

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I Loved/love this type of illustration. i had a GTC [galactic trade commission] catalog back then, and it had several kits with this style of illustration. 

Lots of his Macross work can be found within the pages of these books if anyone is interested....

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1041875743&ref=list

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1086799869&ref=list

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1026967005&ref=list