Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Are people already panicking over the add-ons when we haven't even gotten the valk yet? :lol:

It would be a crappy thing to do if Bandai went the video game route and tried nickel & dime us, but that's yet to be seen. (Though trying to charge $100 for accessories for the Figuarts Iron Man is f***ing outrageous.)

And unlike DLC, Bandai is unlikely to release a discounted bundle pack later on down the lane. :rolleyes:

It comes with the figure too...

26 minutes ago, Vi-RS said:

The surface detail is blunt, and the Yamato's looks a lot better.  I don't even think they have any gimmick underneath like the Yamato's, but I hope I'm wrong.

Arcadia-1SSS-Focker-8.jpg

Bandai's HMR figures have a similar gimmick, so I would asume the larger version will also have them 

How are we sure all these are going to be their own separate purchases? Perhaps, aside from the GBP armor, it’s all one package. What did I miss?

26 minutes ago, Sildani said:

How are we sure all these are going to be their own separate purchases? Perhaps, aside from the GBP armor, it’s all one package. What did I miss?

2 at most I hope....

TV Super Parts Set w/ TV pilots and red-tipped RMS-1's

4543112844651.jpg

DYRL Strike Set w/ DYRL Pilots and yellow-tipped RMS-1's

81PAV13doAL._SY741_.jpg

4 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I hate it.  I don't want to judge too early, because we are still in the realm of pure speculation, but this could end up being mostly ok.  The price for a base valk is pretty low (sub $200 including shipping).  Do you really need all the accessories for every release?  I have an Arcadia GBP release that has tv and dyrl missiles I've never taken out of the box.  I haven't used all of the fixed posed hands.

I think if you are smart about it, you can dial in the exact amount of accessories you need, and actually save some cash if you end of buying most of the line.  The extra shipping is going to hurt those of us that are outside of Japan, though.  And anyone who misses an accessory release could be royally screwed, if they don't reissue them.

Ofc this may not be Bandai's plan at all.  Or the accessories could have ridiculous MSRPs.  Then I'll get my pitchfork again.

If Bandai does end up going this route, I think they REALLY need to reassure customers that there will be multiple reissues of accessories.  Like a released schedule with expected release dates and multiple runs of each release.  Otherwise, we'll see pre-order madness taken to completely new levels on some of these accessories, even if they are TWEs.

Everyone may not need all the accessory but will get it all the same because of FOMO. See post above mine.

This is Bandai. They will neither bother to reassure customers nor release a schedule. They won't care about PO madness. :lol:

Edited by eXis10z

I seriously can't imagine the hands being sold as a separate set.  All of the dual HMR sets have had both TV and DYRL style hands included from the start.

Of course.. they also actually included weapons with those too. <_<

Every recent release has already had a lot of fixed pose hands included, so it seems really odd that they'd leave them out of the normal release entirely?  Unless they're planning to include TV hands with the TV packs, and DYRL with the Strike packs.

Sadly, I'm not at all expecting them to bother with separate TV and DYRL weapons packs, so we'll probably have to paint the red-tipped RMSs ourselves.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I seriously can't imagine the hands being sold as a separate set.  All of the dual HMR sets have had both TV and DYRL style hands included from the start.

Of course.. they also actually included weapons with those too. <_<

Every recent release has already had a lot of fixed pose hands included, so it seems really odd that they'd leave them out of the normal release entirely?  Unless they're planning to include TV hands with the TV packs, and DYRL with the Strike packs.

Sadly, I'm not at all expecting them to bother with separate TV and DYRL weapons packs, so we'll probably have to paint the red-tipped RMSs ourselves.

They would have otherwise listed them in 2 note cards, strike and super with ornaments, instead of spending the time to put them into 4 different cards.

4CCE53C5-DA10-493C-8F50-BAE07823291B.JPG

However they’re packaged, along with correct missile tip colors, I mainly hope they use different colors for TV and movie super parts, like Yamato did. The Hi Metal 1/100 super parts seemed to be intended for the DYRL valks, and were molded as such, but they were closer to TV color. Not until Hi Metal R did Bandai give us the bluer movie-colored parts.

I think something like the model sets that @jvmacross posted above would be ideal.

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Ok so now I have to do this display at home. As parts and valkyries are released I can add them to the wall. It looks like outlines on the tool wall of a garage. Makes it’s it easier to keep track of your tools (valkyries and parts).

Fexthobby I hope you are listening ;)

13 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

It says limited edition but would it still include the stand. There are no pictures or mentioning of it.

I don't remember seeing picture of the said limited edition stand on these shops when the limited edition went online for preorder months ago. So I'm sure this one will include the said LE stand. There maybe some customes who cancelled their order or they just added alloted number of preorders again.