Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 minutes ago, manfred17 said:

The problem of pre order is that we buy without knowing the complete details, without any review.

By seeing some videos about this toy, I think we will get good expectations. At least many improvements compared to current 1/48 versions.

That's the fun of it. Think of it like an auction. You keep on bidding without touching and inspecting the item up-close. You're just basing it on what the descriptions says. Make your heart pound before the bidding ends. Makes you jump for joy if you secured it. And makes you want to throw everything around you when you don't get it. :lol: 

And yes, this release will be good. I don't have a current Yamato 1/48, but if I do, I'm not going to compare with it since that one was done almost 2 decades ago. ;)

26 minutes ago, manfred17 said:

The problem of pre order is that we buy without knowing the complete details, without any review.

By seeing some videos about this toy, I think we will get good expectations. At least many improvements compared to current 1/48 versions.

Actually, no one is forcing you to buy through the pre-order route. (except maybe getting caught up in this forum!:p)

the other "fun" way is to wait till all reviews are out and then looking to get one at MSRP! :pardon:

My problem is i cant stop scratching my itch (if i really want it) till release day...:lol:

Edited by seti88

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I don't think I've ever seen that option, what with how quickly the ones at MSRP sell out.

haha thats why fun is in quotations! But i must add its not impossible to get at msrp at release day, just effort and accepting of the unknown outcome of where to find it is needed...

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Seti. Here's a cure for your itch problem. MacrossWorld Recommended. :rolleyes:

krw4dQw.jpg 

hahaha where do i get it? ami/hlj? or is there a MW store?

actually my only cure for the itch is for wallet to be warped away to another dimension till release day!:lol:

Just now, seti88 said:

haha thats why fun is in quotations! But i must add its not impossible to get at msrp at release day, just effort and accepting of the unknown outcome of where to find it is needed...

Oh yeah, you can get it on release day, but given that DXs always sell out before the reviews show up, not sure how much that helps.

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Oh yeah, you can get it on release day, but given that DXs always sell out before the reviews show up, not sure how much that helps.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

the other "fun" way is to wait till all reviews are out and then looking to get one at MSRP! :pardon:

And I think that's the point Seti is making. If we can get it at MSRP.

One thing I can add in his list is that, wait till all reviews are out and bang your head afterwards if you didn't get it at MSRP. :fool:

9 minutes ago, seti88 said:

hahaha where do i get it? ami/hlj? or is there a MW store?

actually my only cure for the itch is for wallet to be warped away to another dimension till release day!:lol:

Hahaha! Exclusively availble at Nippon-Yasan. 1 year delivery wait guaranteed. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! Exclusively availble at Nippon-Yasan. 1 year delivery wait guaranteed. :rofl:

Or just like when USS Discovery warps into another reality.

Spoiler

Into the Mirror Universe of the Terran Empire.

:diablo:

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

darn it! you know how prolific macross releases can be in a year...i would be covered in scratches by that time! :cray:

guess my only option is to attach the fold drive to my wallet.... or i would say the other option is to armor up my wallet!!

and the borg i mean bandai will probe all they want and it wont work!!!

Edited by seti88

I think if you bought on release date and held on to it unopened (a tough thing to do) to see the reviews once they are released and in the end were convinced to not keep it, then it would be an easy task selling it to another MWF member for cost price. No loss to you really, and you'd make another MWF member happy too.

That being said I actually had a little bit of trouble passing my HLJ AILE Strike PO to another member here, but I am in Australia. with not that many Aussie members here, and this is also a Macross majority community. I did however easily pass my DX YF-19 PO on to another Aussie forum member. I didn't even get the chance to post the for sale post. I was approached via PM after mentioning my intention to cancel my PO. :p

For those who are waiting to get the DX VF-1J as few days after the actual release date, good luck to you as we all know that a mark up will happen (and the possibility in getting one is very sparse). Unless you like playing Russian Roulette and live for the thrill for the last minute hunt. 

Wait a minute... Don't we all do this for the last minute impulse purchases?? :vava: 

On 9/22/2018 at 1:56 PM, Slave IV said:

Yep, there is no way a modern toy with significantly increased detail and articulation is going to match the durability and simplicity of the 1/55, which I can still transform back and forth in seconds all day everyday to this day with no issues. Good thing I don’t need this to be just like the 1/55 because I already have a bunch of 1/55s. 

Me all day long.

27 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

From those pics it doesn't seem to have an integrated heat shield. There's a small gap behind the cockpit that is probably used to hook up the heat shield (or removing the cockpit) 

Not a problem for me, though. Still love it

That gap you're seeing the clearance required for the canopy to swing open on the hinge. @Ignacio Ocamica already posted evidence of the integrated heat shield. ;)

Edited by eggy99

Thanks for sharing the video. It’s probably just me, but while I think it’s an improvement in all aspects from the Yamato v2 design, I was hoping the transformation was done more differently. It looks more like a Yamato v3 rather than Bandai’s own unique take on it.

But I guess there are only so many ways to do the transformation with current tech and the v2 was already a pretty good design so they borrowed a lot from it.

If the transformation was radically different, people would complain about it being too new and not lineart-accurate. How the bits move around is pretty much canon, it’s all the little things - like how the arms slide around on rails - that’s up to interpretation. I’m glad I PO’d one. 

Oh - integrated heatshield confirmed. :)

11 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Thanks for sharing the video. It’s probably just me, but while I think it’s an improvement in all aspects from the Yamato v2 design, I was hoping the transformation was done more differently. It looks more like a Yamato v3 rather than Bandai’s own unique take on it.

But I guess there are only so many ways to do the transformation with current tech and the v2 was already a pretty good design so they borrowed a lot from it.

The shoulder joints are totally different from amacardia.

The head telescopes in the fuselage pretty well, which reminds me scene when Hikaru was saving Hayes.

82A5465C-E7F3-4F78-8BE7-A417A879D189.png

4F24434D-8C6F-41B3-9EAA-1007086613E9.png

6EC729D3-4A6C-49DC-8DDF-61ABA792C6FF.png

@Vi-RS Who’s Hayes? :p

Anyway, this toy design and most of its features were made possible because of Yamato/Arcadia.  Thanks to them, Bandai is reaping the benefits.

Look at the swing bar, the heat shield, the speed brakes and flaps. The shoulder flap covers.  Even the gunpod idea.  Yamarcadia paved the way and Bandai is merely improving their designs.

One of the mysteries that the video solved for me was how the head lasers canted outward. Double swivel joints!

I never noticed the fully articulated hands have triple jointed fingers!

Really glad the gun strap is removable too so it doesn't get all squashed in fighter mode.

Backpack didn't look like it needed sliding like the HMR.

Swing bar looks less fiddly than the Yamarcadia.

Wow the transformation vid came early? I cant remember a bandai transformation vid so early with a Tampo-less valk before..maybe there was..
Not sure if Bandai is eager to show it off, or is there something wrong...anyway..

But am happy it answers all questions so far...thumbs up!

On the rotating waist, i can see vertical lines on the fuselage forming, from the hip intakes rubbing against the fuselage as it turns...(that is if the hips werent positioned properly)...nevertheless hopefully those intake hip edges wont be too sharp...

cant wait for it too!

Edited by seti88

15 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am a bit discouraged when I see Bandai's own video showing the tail fin almost fall out when folding it onto the backpack.

This happens with the Yamato. Honestly, it’s not a deal breaker. The good thing is that the part didn’t break.

I really enjoyed seeing the transformation, but like others have said there really is nothing new. All of it is mostly refined and tried efforts.

still looking forward to it.

8 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

This happens with the Yamato.

Really?  I guess I have been lucky that none of my 13 Yamato and Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 toys have experienced that issue.

The DX's tail fin just looked very flimsy in that video, I was honestly surprised they did not do a re-shoot of that portion.