Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

12 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

I way missed the boat on this.  I'll pick it up when the inevitable VF-1A/VF-1S is released.  Was the preorder the typical bandai madness of 5 minute window then sold out, or did they provide enough stock this time?

It was pretty decent. Amiami had limit of 2 and lasted for longer than usual.

Most stores lasted longer than normal (except NY as usual). 

There was also Amazon JP which had it for very generous price after shipping and lasted a long time.

There is speculation that this will open up again but without the LE fighter mode stand, but nothing so far. 

Probably good chance there will be units on release day.

It was still the typical PO madness like for all Bandai premium products.

Edited by eggy99

Check check - I'll keep that in mind for the inevitable remolds/repaints that follow.  I sort of wish they would open up preorders and produce based on the number of preorders given instead of setting a set number of units they are going to produce.  I'm sure they have financial reasons why they do it this way.

I'm sure there will be tamashii exclusives down the road that will operate that way. The regular releases are all scheduled far in advance so they just conservatively guess at a number that promises decent returns 

Edited by jenius

With some of the recent Tamashii exclusives , it was harder to get than standard release .  .  And also no discount pulse proxy fee.

can also get sold out just as fast .

can still be open but you wouldn’t be able to order it because your proxy already max out their allottment 

yea i also missed out on this...i jus recently started toy collecting...but i seriously dont have the finances to keep up with the tides, so i am very selective of my purchases...i only have a yf 29 percival..but i also want a vf 31 doesnt matter which one, yf 19, yf 21 to name a few..im not a completionist either...i can really appreciate the work that went into these things, but most importantly....it gets me excited to do my art and mechanical designs,which is something i really want to get exceptionaly gud at. i know that these toys hold different meaning and value to the wonderful ppl here, but man... they get expensiver real quick...bandai has their methods of generating profits i guess, but it sure is strange tho.

for as long as i can have fun and afford it...i will

While it looks great by it's own, the YF-19 really needs to be paired up with the 21 to be a complete set. It'd be like releasing the tv Max VF-1 only. It just looks lonely and out of place without Miliya's VF.

And yeah, count me in as one of those that missed out on the VF-1J DX. Looking at the prices now, it far exceeds the prices going for the YF-19 in many cases.

33 minutes ago, jenius said:

Is expect the same variants from the 2002 reissues.

These?

Hikaru VF-1J (Takatoku, Bandai 2001, Bandai 2008)
Hikaru VF-1S (Takatoku, Bandai 2001, Max VF-1J (Takatoku, Bandai 2001)
Miria VF-1J (Takatoku, Bandai 2001)
Misa VF-1A “Cannon Fodder” (Takatoku, Bandai 2001)
Hikaru DYRL VF-1A (Bandai 1984, Bandai 2001)

12 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I call 1/48 vermillion squadron! So MAX 1A and Kaki 1A!

Likely also a VF-1A  and of course the obligatory fokker 1S too...And out of nowhere would be the 1D! 

*wakes up from dream*

If Bandai does not at some point produce a DX VF-1D then what's the point of this new line,  a VF-1D is an instant purchase. 

Low chance of Bandai doing VF-1D as a general release. They already have sales performance of the Yamato VF-1D as an expectation of sales. That was around 1/2 the SRP of their DX and it was a shelf warmer. But maybe that was because of the reported flaws in the shoulder.

Best chance would be a Web exclusive release so they can lock the numbers in.

36 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Low chance of Bandai doing VF-1D as a general release. They already have sales performance of the Yamato VF-1D as an expectation of sales. That was around 1/2 the SRP of their DX and it was a shelf warmer. But maybe that was because of the reported flaws in the shoulder.

Best chance would be a Web exclusive release so they can lock the numbers in.

The VT-1 Super Ostrich was a shelf warmer, not the 1D. The 1D even was reissued as a 30th anniversary with optiom parts.

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

These?

Hikaru VF-1S (Takatoku, Bandai 2001,
Max VF-1J (Takatoku, Bandai 2001)

Yes, when Bandai is uncertain, they seem to refer to routine. 

I think there's a fair chance of a VT-1 and VE-1 since they did them before and did them again for HMR. I would be surprised if they didn't put the forethought into the DX toy.

i'm probably in the minority but i don't want to repeat my yamato/arcadia collection.  its jsut too much to replace all of htem.  also, i'm a bigger sdfm fan than dyrl.  if i could just have a  few it'd be this vf-1J (gbp 1s upgrade pack in teh future maybe?), Roy's VF-1S, and a VF-1D.   Also would need super parts (and just throw in the strike cannon even if its not accurate lol) accessory set and teh aforementioned heavy armored accessories..

if bandai did their "hit list" below (as copy pasted from above in previous posts), that'd be fine too but...i really love the 1D design so i'd miss that.

Hikaru VF-1S (Takatoku, Bandai 2001,
Max VF-1J (Takatoku, Bandai 2001)

I don't think you're in the minority at all, I suspect that most people agree. Nobody wants to abandon the 1/60 scale and I don't think anyone believes that Bandai is going to make any other mechs in 1/48 (since 1/60 for just about everything else works out to a similar size as a 1/48 VF-1). For me, that was the big bummer of dropping from 1/35 scale. I was hoping this would be a halo product that would obviously only get a few releases... now it's questionable. Yamato intended their 1/48 line to only go between 3 and 5 releases and look what happened there. 

Of course, we might get this in our hands and be so blown away that we NEED more...

If Bandai can do what it did with some of the HMR releases, they could easily do combination TV/DYRL versions of a couple valks.  Just make a combination Roy VF-1S with two pilots (and [/I]maybe[/I] a different head, but I feel like a different color forehead arrow is pushing it as far as necessary differences), and a combination TV/DYRL VF-1A CF with two heads.

I'd also be entirely okay if they just do 6 TV series releases, and call it done.  Maybe 7 if we get a DYRL Hikaru 1S.  I'm absolutely not buying everything all over again.

Of course, I said that with the HMR series too. :p 

19 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

Ab Crunch would be so easy if you could just pull the black area just in front of cockpit forward a little bit and have it hinge.  Then push it back in for fighter mode.  There is a lot of empty space in that nose.

I agree, I was really hoping we'd finally get a proper ab crunch. 

16 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

All I want is a VF-1S Roy, either Movie Strike, or TV Super.

Correction. That should be:
VF-1S DYRL Strike Roy or VF-1S TV Super Hikaru.

Canonically there isn't a Roy TV Super, as poor Roy foolishly bled to death over a pineapple salad before the Super packs were deployed.

Do we believe that Bandai will release with a VF-1 with Super packs? They just love their web exclusive packs with their DX line. I guess they have included Super/Strike packs with their HMR line, so there is a possibility.

I speculate Bandai will milk us and release a VF-1S Roy naked, and a VF-1S TV Hikaru with Super pack (with only RMS-1 Anti-Ship Reaction Warheads) - the only difference being the pilot figure and the pilot name tampo on the canopy. Followed by a web exclusive ordinance package containing AMM-1s and 4x UUM-7 micro-missile pod.

For the record I would still love Bandai to release a DX VF-1D. It would be amazing if it came with 2 Minmei figures - 1 for sitting in the cockpit with Hikaru, and 1 for being held in the battroid hand. :p

My dream list:

3x VF-1J for display in each mode
1x Super VF-1S Hikaru displayed in fighter
1x VF-1D displayed in gerwalk

Maybe a VF-1S Roy in fighter or battroid.

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I have my 1J preorder with AmiAmi. The Fokker 1S is surely a given.

I guess I could stop at these two with Fast Packs and Armor.

Until Bandai decides to release the Hikaru VF-1S, right? :rolleyes: 

At this scale, I'll buy 2 Hikaru VF-1S and call it a day. I'm not going to complete all Hikaru rides in this new scale. The main two would be fine by me as long that it has the Super/Strike Packs. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

Ab Crunch would be so easy if you could just pull the black area just in front of cockpit forward a little bit and have it hinge.  Then push it back in for fighter mode.  There is a lot of empty space in that nose.

Ab crunch is a probability as long that they remove the leg metal swing bar. But then who wants that when you don't want to hear fans screaming for not doing it a perfect transformation. ;) 

Oh yeah. Forgot that it does that. I wonder though. Would it still be sturdy enough in Battroid mode if they add an ab crunch joint to it knowing that the swivel bar can be removed optionally? Would the legs and waist would hold its weight? Would it work more if the ab crunch joint they add is ratchet one rather than a regular hinge joint?

On 9/17/2018 at 9:35 PM, jenius said:

I don't think you're in the minority at all, I suspect that most people agree. Nobody wants to abandon the 1/60 scale and I don't think anyone believes that Bandai is going to make any other mechs in 1/48 (since 1/60 for just about everything else works out to a similar size as a 1/48 VF-1). For me, that was the big bummer of dropping from 1/35 scale. I was hoping this would be a halo product that would obviously only get a few releases... now it's questionable. Yamato intended their 1/48 line to only go between 3 and 5 releases and look what happened there. 

Of course, we might get this in our hands and be so blown away that we NEED more...

I agree I much rather have a 1/35 scale VF-1 with all the bells and whistles that is the centerpiece in my collection together with my Arcadia SDF-1. 

If you squint the 1/48 scale could be a fine successor of the 1/60 Yamato mold especially since all the improvements Bandai implemented could have been realized in the 1/60 scale as well. 

That said I will probably buy one if they do a DYRL Hikaru VF-1S  with the Super Strike Pack just to have this mold in my collection. It will probably still be paired with my SDF-1 though but all the time I will look at it I will see the potential that the SoC 1/35 could have had.