Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

7 minutes ago, enphily said:

maybe for GBP parts

Hmmm. Maybe. But if it gets folded and the GBP armor is inserted, it will have a big side profile in that area. And won't be able to close the wings in Battroid Mode. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

I see your point No3Ljm.

Now that nose /radar thing, i do see as a complication, lol. Unless it is there for the GBP. I am not a huge fan of the radar cone thing, it has been done before. My old 1/48 are actually pretty sturdy, when you think how many times i've transformed them. Still, I am pretty sure it might have to do with the future GBP release. 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I wonder why they decided to put hinge for the nose tip. Does it have a radar gimik inside?

at_17_o.jpg

Nope no radar inside the nosecone. Its probably designed that way so that the gpb crotch piece would be so long like the thunder hummer

FB_IMG_1533034315519.jpg

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Why did they say that? How difficult they want to transform the VF-1 compared to SV-262?

Well, actually it was from user feedback. When the Draken is mentioned I read this

"ユーザーからもその変形の難易度が高いとの声があった"

Basically translates to a lot of users said the transformation was hard 

Can you believe that? Bandai actually does listen to customers sometimes hehehe. Maybe they can listen to us about the YF-19's reversed colors and huge ass white wing lettering?

Anyhow, really psyched for this VF-1J. The Plastic Latch for the metal swingbar looks like something I'm gonna need to be really gentle with.

Folding Nosecone for GBP, nice catch :D

Edited by Duymon

17 minutes ago, recon said:

Was thinking out loud. Was there ever a backpack issue with the 1/48 yammies. If there was, will bandai design replicate or eliminate the same issue?

I do recall some people broke the back pack hinges or something. Out of my entire 1/48 collection nothing has ever broken. Except for one of my CF valks took a dive on my hard wood floor and broke the headlaser, and yes, it was my fault. My jacket caught the edge of it's gun and dragged it down as i turned around. I had panel lined it, so i always had it next to me. I never fixed the laser, since it magically disappeared, and it is still one of my favorites. Other than that, none of my 20+ 1/48 have ever broken anything. 

I'll give Bandai credit -- that's a novel take on the hip/leg transformation.  Although it's interesting that the bar that swings the hips down has to be detached in order to achieve the waist articulation, and confirms my suspicions that it would be difficult to practically achieve without detaching the legs.  But I suppose that this is technically still perfect transformation since the detachment from the swing bar is optional, and not absolutely required to achieve the transformation.  

For some reason the 1J will always be my favorite. I really love the 1S, and the others, specially the TV versions. I hope Bandai goes through the TV versions first. Yes, I'd still get the movie versions, but TV was my first love. 

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

I dont thk so, else it would have been listed as a 'gimmick'. 

Tho it would be pretty funny if you turn hikaru's head around, arms up and posed the fighter flying like that.

Like a roller coaster ride.  B))

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hmmm. Maybe. But if it gets folded and the GBP armor is inserted, it will have a big side profile in that area. And won't be able to close the wings in Battroid Mode. ^_^

Not necessarily. I'm not saying I've discovered how it works, but I've thought of a way that it could work, in which a folding nosecone allows for a smaller crotch piece, no huge side profile, and still lets the wings close.

If the nosecone doesn't fold up all the way, but more like a fold of ~45 degrees, then I can imagine a seamless look with a small crotch armor piece.

Also, I'm at work, so the best I could do was an MS Paint diagram. Marvel at my amazing art skills.

asdf.png

that swingbar design is almost (like 99% cheating) but just skates by for perfect transformation.  its like a relay race baton.  it never detached from teh main assembly (aka someone' s hand in a  relay race analogy) so its "perfect transformation".  lol.  still want this bad!

36 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Why can’t people remember that this is the closest way to how Kawamori envisioned it...

If you're referring to the hip transformation... I think some people are less interested in authenticity for the sake of authenticity and just want a toy that handles well.  Besides, I was always under the impression that the hip transformation as designed in the original art was more of a cheat to explain why the valk looked the way it did, vs. being an intended transformation from the get-go.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I also enjoy celebrating when Wal-mart crushes other smaller businesses in town. :)

haha true.

Tho while I do agree that we should support smaller shops, they have to stay competitive and price within certain realities of the consumer.  I donno if I was able to follow Arcadia's pricing upwards while innovations left them a bit behind.  

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

It is always easier for a big company to this sort of thing. A small company like Yamato and Arcadia won't have the resources to do this at a good cost, IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I love and own every 1/60 Yamato valkyrie after 2003 when they released the V2, and I stop once Yamato is done after the release of VF-4. Personally I think they are beating a dead horse by putting premium price tag on premium finish. Yeah, you can't compete with other big companies as a smaller firm, but what they could do is their innovative ideas and engineering on toys that shaped Yamato's philosophy in the first place. Ironically, I understand that it didn't last long for Yamato, which is the reason that Arcadia is doing what they are doing now.

Coming back to the Chogokin, I believe this is what Arcadia would have done as well, minus the tempo printing, if they were to do V2 on 1/48.  The Chogokin is a scaled up V2 Yammies with lots of improvements on interlocking mechanisms and joints that enable poseabilities and maximum perfect transformation.

32 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

From the article: “Even though we are re-releasing the movie version of the SDF-1 Macross, we do want to do the TV series version as well but that is still undergoing approval from the copyright holder. Personally, I really want to do it.

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

Tho while I do agree that we should support smaller shops, they have to stay competitive and price within certain realities of the consumer.  I donno if I was able to follow Arcadia's pricing upwards while innovations left them a bit behind.  

Agreed.  In order for the companies to compete, they both need to be... competitive.  Arcadia is slipping away on the value front.

I do want them to stick around, but they need to do a better job of finding their niche where their prices aren't insane.  I know they won't ever have Bandai's resources, but they need to find an edge somewhere.

For Aussie fans that miss the pre-order, there's a local online retailer still accept pre-order. Haven't dealt with them before, so can't say if they can fulfil the pre-order. Not terrible expensive though. And only pay when release.

https://www.ausani.com.au/product/dx-chogokin-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross-first-limited-edition-vf-1j-valkyrie-ichijyo-hikaru/

New video footage. Look at how detailed that pilot is!!....What those markings on the battroids leftside chest inside/above the cornered red stripe?

Screenshot_2018-08-01-17-12-25.png

Screenshot_2018-08-01-17-11-16.png