Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I hope Bandai cranks out as many 1/48 variants as Yamato did. Would be excited for CF schemes like the low viz limited

5C07E145-0C16-4F00-8DF9-145764B8FE34.jpeg

I know the old Yamato 1/48's had those ugly chicken hands, but next to Bandai's they look almost skeletal. 

I'm pretty sure it's going to be available once it gets released. Just be prepared for any mark-up price though. Or check back the stores every now and then if the PO opens again. And ofcourse, feel free to lurk here to see members sharing PO links availability once again. ;)

Yeah, I missed it too.  I don't want another scale to add to the collection but this one looks really good and I'd have found a way to make it work if I'd been able to jump online during the pre-order.

Oh well, I'm in for the second release PO window, provided there is one.  And if not, the inevitable mark-up when they are released to the world.

I wonder when the standard release will be announced.

If any Aussies are interested, I would be open to selling 2 of my special fighter stands and outer slipcases to anyone who purchases the standard release. Obviously that is long time away though. :)

Man... now the long wait until December, and then receive in January - right in time for my birthday! Wooo!

1 hour ago, obakesan said:

grrr, it's kinda frustrating, surely more PO's would be better, why close it so soon, don't bandai want my money! haha Guess I'll have to wait for like VF-1S DX first release, or VF-1J GBP first release ;)

We have been speculating there will be a 2nd release without the special flight stand, we just don't have any idea when.

If Bandai follow their usual release pattern for Chogokin valks there will be no bundled valks with armor. Super packs and GBP will all be Tamashii webstore exclusives.

Or even worse... Tamashii Nations Event exclusive! :ohmy:

I like all the floppy gimmicks. I never had an issue with them on the Yamato 1/48s. 

I don’t handle my figures that much; but it never surprised me that if you pick it up and start shaking it around some of the bits and pieces may come off or the figure may lose its pose.

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I like all the floppy gimmicks. I never had an issue with them on the Yamato 1/48s. 

I don’t handle my figures that much; but it never surprised me that if you pick it up and start shaking it around some of the bits and pieces may come off or the figure may lose its pose.

Yes, bring all the gimmicks, the more the merrier. I mostly display and admire my toys, so it works for me too. My collections will be complete if Bandai decide to produce the VE-1, VT-1, and the VF-1D. THE 1/48 HAVE REBORN. :yahoo:

Bandai version seems to have better handing gears than Yamato version.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

33 minutes ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

Yes, bring all the gimmicks, the more the merrier. I mostly display and admire my toys, so it works for me too. My collections will be complete if Bandai decide to produce the VE-1, VT-1, and the VF-1D. THE 1/48 HAVE REBORN. :yahoo:

Bandai version seems to have better handing gears than Yamato version.

"Better" is a relative thing.  For whatever reason, they seem to just be completely opposed to ever painting the gear white, on any Valkyrie of any type. <_< 

If they can be removed without destroying the valk, I might pop them out and spray them myself.  They might think the chrome is nostalgic for the old 1/55 toys, but it's a glaring omission in what otherwise looks like a model aircraft replica.

1/60 i swoosh around with one hand.

yammy 1/48's i swooshed around with 3 hands. had to hold up the flaps, the nose cone, the fast pack legs, arms gun pod sinking, the missiles etc....B))

hope this thing will at least be tight in fighter mode. 

Edited by davidwhangchoi

55 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

"Better" is a relative thing.  For whatever reason, they seem to just be completely opposed to ever painting the gear white, on any Valkyrie of any type. <_< 

If they can be removed without destroying the valk, I might pop them out and spray them myself.  They might think the chrome is nostalgic for the old 1/55 toys, but it's a glaring omission in what otherwise looks like a model aircraft replica.

Anime accurate LOL! :lol:

C0B8AD6E-7349-4EE1-B5ED-CA56D9853F51.thumb.jpeg.d755ff434fe3e1c0c816924a0fcac8c5.jpeg

Grey landing gear. :p

You mean gray like the shadow in the inside of the white landing gear bay, and the underside of the white airplane? :p 

Maybe I'm overly picky about this, but there should be no question about this sort of thing, and it just comes off as flippant and lazy on Bandai's part.  The VF-1 was designed in the style of 1980s US Naval aircraft.  US Naval aircraft in that era never used anything other than pure white paint on landing gear and bays, as a means of detecting fluid leaks. 

I can get that they're trying to cling to nostalgia.  It's the way the old Chunkies were colored.  But just like the incorrectly angled chest stripes that they FINALLY got around to fixing on the HMR releases, just because it's nostalgic doesn't mean it's not wrong.

If they're going to produce a toy that displays well alongside aircraft collectibles, then they need to stop half-assing the effort, accept that they're making an aircraft collectible, and do what their competition has gotten correctly all along. 

Honestly though... the bare metal landing gear just looks cheap. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

It's not really bare chrome coloured is it. At the paint it grey to be anime accurate :p

The white landing gear does look really nice on the Yamarcadia releases.

Bandai can release a Premium Finish version like Arcadia next time, with white landing gear. +¥10,000 :lol:

How come we don't get white gunpods then?

Landing gear should be white. Even ET managed to give their terrible VF-2SS toy white landing gears. It's just sloppiness/laziness on Bandai's part, but that should not come as a surprise to anyone familiar with Bandai toys.

And it just looks so much better than the cheap diecast metal color.

1288274638_whitelandinggear.jpg.30411820088840cabfe58cd817103531.jpg