Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

Got one from Amazon JP, couldn't secure one from ami or NY.

Oh by the way, NY have the balls to send me an email saying my order was canceled because items no longer available, then they put up the preorder again with the jacked up price. 

Ouch

10 minutes ago, Dobber said:

They do this every time. The sell a certain amount at the good preorder price, then come back with a raised price. Sometimes they do it again as well with a third higher price.

Chris

Thing is after all those years people still go for it even with the jacked up price (myself included ) so why wouldn't they do it? They crashed my ¥15k order right at the payment stage. Reluctantly turned to Nin-Nin, by the time I got to the end of ordering...same BS, it was sold out too. As for CD Japan tend to cancel more than other retailers and I always get taxed every-time I order from them.

So eventually went back to jacked up NY. (all that took minutes..talk about multitasking...). It better be the version that come with a stand though. I even put it in the message slot so they don't get any funny ideas sending me a one without a stand or something <_<

As far as Amazon JP are concerned, years ago I tried to order a Konami Gurren Lagann head figure thing shortly after release. It seemed to have worked, then they got back to me saying I wasn't a resident and they wouldn't ship abroad....A while later, I tried again for something else, I think it was sold by Bic Camera on AmazonJP,  didn't work either. Ever since, never ordered anything on Amazon. Not to mention their average prices for those kind of pieces aren't that competitive (unless you get them on day 1 of course)

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

They do this every time. The sell a certain amount at the good preorder price, then come back with a raised price. Sometimes they do it again as well with a third higher price.

Chris

They have to subsidize the remaining 31A orders  :5:

Congrats to everyone who managed to get a P.O. :)

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

1 hour ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Thing is after all those years people still go for it even with the jacked up price (myself included ) so why wouldn't they do it? They crashed my ¥15k order right at the payment stage. Reluctantly turned to Nin-Nin, by the time I got to the end of ordering...same BS, it was sold out too. As for CD Japan tend to cancel more than other retailers and I always get taxed every-time I order from them.

So eventually went back to jacked up NY. (all that took minutes..talk about multitasking...). It better be the version that come with a stand though. I even put it in the message slot so they don't get any funny ideas sending me a one without a stand or something <_<

As far as Amazon JP are concerned, years ago I tried to order a Konami Gurren Lagann head figure thing shortly after release. It seemed to have worked, then they got back to me saying I wasn't a resident and they wouldn't ship abroad....A while later, I tried again for something else, I think it was sold by Bic Camera on AmazonJP,  didn't work either. Ever since, never ordered anything on Amazon. Not to mention their average prices for those kind of pieces aren't that competitive (unless you get them on day 1 of course)

No no no , you will get the stand for sure , they are good for these 1st release stuff . But i would not be surprise if they sent you a invoice for additional shipping due to extra weight and size of the box.

Wow, that makes NY’s price hike look downright reasonable!

Is there an English mode for Amazon Japan? How do you get to it please?

Well I missed the boat on this one. Amiami's new site doesn't run too hot on mobile, even before the madness started. Wound up with 2 in my cart when I only wanted one. By the time I fixed it and got back through checkout they were gone.

The other places sold out quicker than I could get through checkout. Surprised I'm not more bummed about it, maybe cause this is par for the course for Bandai stuff these days.

33 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

it's sold out on amazon, that's not second round 

amazon doesn't raise prices

6 minutes ago, NW86 said:

Hardly slept last night..but somehow managed to roll into work early?  Something is wrong with me. lol

To be honest I thought this was relatively stress free compared to the 5am Eastern opening time for the DX YF-19.  I was at least able to get a couple hours sleep in. Staying awake until 5am for the last one was tough... (it wasn’t clear if all stores went with the new 6pm PO, so some of us had been watching since 2am that night)

I wonder if Amazon is going to be able to fill the orders in a reasonable amount of time. I ended up with AmiAmi & Amz. I'll probably cancel the Amz so that I don't risk any banning at AmiAmi. If Amz works out for people I'll go with it next time since I think it'll be a bit cheaper than AmiAmi with EMS and I've heard that the Amz shipping is fast.

1 minute ago, Matt Random said:

I wonder if Amazon is going to be able to fill the orders in a reasonable amount of time. I ended up with AmiAmi & Amz. I'll probably cancel the Amz so that I don't risk any banning at AmiAmi. If Amz works out for people I'll go with it next time since I think it'll be a bit cheaper than AmiAmi with EMS and I've heard that the Amz shipping is fast.

I imagine amazon will deliver an excellent shopping experience. They will likely become a good secondary source now that they ship toys internationally and with very reasonable shipping.

I wonder if there’s any benefit to an amazon.jp prime membership for international customers?

I guess we’ll find out for sure around Christmas weeeee :)

10 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I ended up with 2 from amiami. I wasn’t brave enough to try and fix the quantity before checking out :o

Me too. I have a feeling there are some bugs after they upgraded their site couple days ago. I clicked on preorder button and wait for 20 seconds with no respond. Then keep pressing the preorder button until the page redirect me to confirm page, but I already had 2 in cart. So buy them anyway...hope next time don't give me 10 preorders in cart or I will heart attack :p

4 minutes ago, seti88 said:

http://www.decultureshock.com/dx-chogokin-vf-1j/ #akihabara

underbelly shot with head quite nicely tucked in....

BCVF1J48_04.jpg.4a2fe764e84df58663e02ef4d89e1ec7.jpg

drool, Seti, how many did you get last night?

2 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Just another day in Japan.

FB_IMG_1532701146681.jpg

drool more...

2 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

this is the 1st time ever amazon is allowing shipping of Bandai Chogokin Macross valks, so it's exciting and perhaps future pre-orders are going to be easy until scalpers catch on.

Amazon jyp so far has been very reliable in terms oshipping out my other items.