Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

It looks like the included stand is only intended to display the VF-1 in fighter mode. I am a little surprised by that. Why not have the stand accommodate battroid and gerwalk modes too?  It is not so much a problem for me since I only ever display in fighter mode anyways (except for the VF-1 in GBP), but I imagine that might be a bit annoying for the folks here who like displaying in all 3 modes.

And the special stand I think is designed for people who wants their Valk to shine in Fighter mode like other plane displays that comes with the same looking display stand that has model name plate or something close. Which I think is a nice touch by Bandai.

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

And the special stand I think is designed for people who wants their Valk to shine in Fighter mode like other plane displays that comes with the same looking display stand that has model name plate or something close. Which I think is a nice touch by Bandai.

Still kinda reminds me of a 'DX' 1/100 Toynami stand somehow...:lol:

14 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hmmm.... Almost 20,000 yen, no Super or Strike parts, presumably no missiles.

I do wonder if:

1. ) there will be a separate "weapons pack" release with missiles and super/strike parts?

2.) a subsequent VF-1 bundle that includes the super/strike parts and armament?

Most probably is option 1 based on bandai past history. But you forgot option 3 which is a GBP armor set

Edited by recon

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Let's be honest here. How many are not going to buy this? Like seriously. :rolleyes:

Most likely im not going for this which is a surprise for me as i prefer my valks to be of roughly the same scale. However if this was a super detailed ver with removable panels and in 1/24 scale. Might considering getting it as a main display piece in fighter mode with ordinance, fast packs everything laid out

Edited by recon

I really hope it's not all thin hollow plastic though, it 'looks' really light somehow. There's obviously the few obligatory metal articulation joints/bars inside as well as the feet (otherwise they wouldn't be able to use the fancy 'Chogokin' appellation and it wouldn't weigh more than a 1/48 Hasegawa kit....).  But for a 1/48, it visually feels (is that even sentence?) lighter than your average 1/60 DX Chogokin. Will say it again, it looks more like a DX HMR rather than a 'proper' Chogokin. Still a good way to keep the price as competitive as possible compared to Arcadia's 1/60 offerings. Maybe it's time for Arcadia to review their over the top prices (my opinion, considering the age of those V2 molds...).

Will get one, out of curiosity and because it's being hyped so much. (hey at least I'm being honest). Did I mention I have way too many VF-1Js in my collection already?....

Anyway, .'just like those dudes at NASA have on their desks...' right? :lol:....(or did I get it completely wrong...?)

The special stand's look is more base around a model/diecast airplane display stand.   It does give it a bit more premium look.

at 1/48 scale, i really wish they would have switch over to their standard Metal Build display stand instead instead of the old plan dx chogokin one.

The recent images don't really wow me. It looks far too similar to Yamcadias 1/60 and I prefer the smaller size of  those. I will wait for a review and if the engineering impresses me I might buy a VF-1S Hikaru with Super Strike Parts that will be placed in front of my Arcadia SDF-1PF as a center piece for the collection.

To be honest I much rather have the 1/35 SoC version we saw a prototype of. Looks way more appealing to me.

So is there a lighting gimmick?  Some images look like the yellow shoulder lights and the green visor lights up but it doesn't say anything in the text does it?

Does anyone find it weird that with all the extra tampo markings, they missed the red ejector seat triangles on either side of the cockpit?  It seems to be the only thing that was around and canon since the TV show.

15 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

So is there a lighting gimmick?  Some images look like the yellow shoulder lights and the green visor lights up but it doesn't say anything in the text does it?

Does anyone find it weird that with all the extra tampo markings, they missed the red ejector seat triangles on either side of the cockpit?  It seems to be the only thing that was around and canon since the TV show.

It's not weird, Bandai are known for missing massively obvious things like that.

2 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

I really hope it's not all thin hollow plastic though, it 'looks' really light somehow. There's obviously the few obligatory metal articulation joints/bars inside as well as the feet (otherwise they wouldn't be able to use the fancy 'Chogokin' appellation and it wouldn't weigh more than a 1/48 Hasegawa kit....).  But for a 1/48, it visually feels (is that even sentence?) lighter than your average 1/60 DX Chogokin. Will say it again, it looks more like a DX HMR rather than a 'proper' Chogokin. Still a good way to keep the price as competitive as possible compared to Arcadia's 1/60 offerings. Maybe it's time for Arcadia to review their over the top prices (my opinion, considering the age of those V2 molds...).

Will get one, out of curiosity and because it's being hyped so much. (hey at least I'm being honest). Did I mention I have way too many VF-1Js in my collection already?....

Anyway, .'just like those dudes at NASA have on their desks...' right? :lol:....(or did I get it completely wrong...?)

You sir, think too much. Hahaha! :lol:

Also, do you have enough VF-1J's to display it like this? ^_^

vf-1j_transformation_tezuka_display.jpeg.dc140b3060e13545daba83e05f944124.jpeg

2 minutes ago, spanner said:

The more I look at it the more I'm really liking it! And considering the Hikaru 1J is my all time favourite Valkyrie makes me wonder if I should get three of them!! 

What you reckon Noel!?

Sir. You just answered your own question. Hahaha! :lol: 

I have feeling that you would do that... in a heartbeat. ^_^

29 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sir. You just answered your own question. Hahaha! :lol: 

I have feeling that you would do that... in a heartbeat. ^_^

although we no longer can have quotes in our sig lines....I remember the quotes you had no3Ljm....does Spanner? ^_^

Although at this point, Spanner wouldn't really be contradicting his statements anymore....wise move....he is probably the most currently prepared for a total upgrade among us all on MW!  :good:

The rest of us are now fully invested and knee-deep in old, obsolete junk! :rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross

12 minutes ago, NW86 said:

Have they released an official time yet?

This is the official PO schedule: July 27, 2018 Friday at 4PM Japan Time ;) 

You can use this site to convert that time to yours: http://www.timebie.com/std/tokyo.php

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

although we no longer can have quotes in our sig lines....I remember the quotes you had no3Ljm....does Spanner? ^_^

Although at this point, Spanner wouldn't really be contradicting his statements anymore....wise move....he is probably the most currently prepared for a total upgrade among us all on MW!  :good:

Hahaha! Spanner Quotes. And being 'Spannerized'. I remember those days. ;) 

31 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The rest of us are now fully invested and knee-deep in old, obsolete junk! :rolleyes:

I do indeed remember those Sig quotes! Ah yes the good old days! 

But I'm not so sure about a total upgrade at this stage.. my current collection plan has been to keep it more clean and simplified but the lure of a new build toy even if it's out of scale is exciting! I am very keen to see how Bandai's new 1:48 Valkyrie turns out but adding a whole new line does irk me a bit..

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This is the official PO schedule: July 27, 2018 Friday at 4PM Japan Time ;) 

You can use this site to convert that time to yours: http://www.timebie.com/std/tokyo.php

Hahaha! Spanner Quotes. And being 'Spannerized'. I remember those days. ;) 

LOL @ spannerized! Good times, good times.. ^_^

11 minutes ago, spanner said:

I do indeed remember those Sig quotes! Ah yes the good old days! 

But I'm not so sure about a total upgrade at this stage.. my current collection plan has been to keep it more clean and simplified but the lure of a new build toy even if it's out of scale is exciting! I am very keen to see how Bandai's new 1:48 Valkyrie turns out but adding a whole new line does irk me a bit..

LOL @ spannerized! Good times, good times.. ^_^

I think a lot of collectors will be eventually rewarded by skipping out on the 1/48 DX....

It's basically 2001 all over again....with the early adopters of the Yamato 1/60 V1 taking it for the team so that we all got the 1/48 by 2002 and then the 1/60 V2 by 2008....

I do not think it will take that long this time around for Bandai to ditch the 1/48.

Bandai’s never cared about stuff looking just right. The toys Kawamori was playing with in the video looked a bit better. 

22 minutes ago, frogger88 said:

Hi gang, can anyone help with a PO link, or more info on how to order this tomorrow? Thank you in advance!

If you're here at release time tomorrow this thread will be full of links to buy from. Which should be good for at least 30 seconds.