Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

24 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Thanks for the additional details. Looks like they are taking stuff from the Yamato 1/48, mixed with some V2s and a bit of HMR for good measure.

Assuming it sells relatively well, (and doesn't handle like a nightmarish mess) , Bandai is bound to release the rest of the squadron in 1/48.

Any Yamato 1/48 owner's opinions?.....Would you ditch your entire 1/48 collection now? Wondering what to do and if it'll be worth having 2 sets of 1/48s squadrons in my collection. The practical thing would be to sell off the Yammies one by one as Bandai release theirs. But not sure if it'll be worth the hassle of selling off 1/48s Yammies for peanuts. ( I'll be keeping the 1/48 Yamato exclusives ,GBPs and customs anyway ) But the rest? Sell? Keep? Storage? Give away to charity? :unknw:

I've long long ago ditched my old Yammie-1/48s in favor of the Yammie 1/60v2s.

15 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Can someone please just walk into Bandai HQ, and slap the entire DX design team upside the head with some sort of documentation on actual aircraft?  They're doing the "TAMPO EVERYTHING" deal again, and splattering useless aircraft warning markings where they don't belong. <_<

Don't get me wrong, I love the TAMPO - just where its appropriate (go see Hasegawa).  I totally agree with you Chronocidal, its important for the markings to make sense.  However apparently they consulted with Tenjin on the additional "new non-canon" markings - so he's the person to slap!

I just hope the canopy isn't frosted - I see some promo pictures with frosted canopy and the video clear without the blue tint.  Too bad about the silver Bandai landing gears though - the white gears really do make it so much more realistic.  Wished there were more molded details like the original 2015 promo shot that had more panels with rivet details which at this larger scale would look great.

The price is right though. :P  Let's just hope we can get our hands on one.

Edited by wm cheng

3 minutes ago, Duymon said:

ONE? ONLY ONE?!??! 

Yeah, its tough, but I still really love my 1/48s and they do take up so much room.  I never sell mine as I weather them a bit.  Well, when I die I might have my family sell my collection :P

Gotta think of others here too :rolleyes:

Edited by wm cheng

Since there is a twisting waist that is achieved through a rotating joint in the nosecone, that's pretty much a confirmation that the leg transformation has to be taken from the 1/72 model kit right, i.e., the legs are completely detachable?  I can't visualize a transformation method that allows for a twisting waist joint in the nose cone that uses any of the previously used hip bars.

Also, to my eye there looks to be a noticeable sheen on the feet -- does that mean they are made of metal?  That would be consistent with the HMR and DX valk designs, but a departure from Yamato.  

1 minute ago, SuperSenpai said:

Since there is a twisting waist that is achieved through a rotating joint in the nosecone, that's pretty much a confirmation that the leg transformation has to be taken from the 1/72 model kit right, i.e., the legs are completely detachable?  I can't visualize a transformation method that allows for a twisting waist joint in the nose cone that uses any of the previously used hip bars.

I'm thinking the same. However, in the blurry magazine shot that shows back of the nosecone it looks like there is still a gap there for the t-bar to come through. I'd really like to see a better scan of that page.

I don't know about that. i am, playing with my 1/48 1S Hikkie and this thing rocks. I will have to sell some organs for this though...

This 1/48 should be, other than the 1/60, the ultimate Valkyrie, and I must get it!

Then in 2 years...  This 1/35 should be, the Ultimately perfect Valkyrie!...

then 2 years later... This 1/24 should be, the Glorious ultimate Perfect Valkyrie of all time....

Then 3 years later... Project 1/18 is cancelled due to deaths related to prototype valk transformation accidents.

Edited by vlenhoff

Assuming they are including the missiles (red-tipped?)....the only other accessories we know of so far are the clown hands, back pack antenna, intake covers, and side covers....is it possible there still might be some undisclosed option parts?

I'm thinking HMR-style shortened wings attachment, Battroid Mode pilot seat, different angle head lasers.....magic hands? :unknw:

Edited by jvmacross

The only other precedent to this is the HMR Fokker -1S.....the initial PO opened up for about 5 days where you could get it with the special display stand, then the regular release w/o the special display stand opened up.....but that release was a websclusive for both editions......

So far this seems to just be one PO date and if you order it on the 27th, you get the special box and the special fighter mode stand.....let's hope this doesn't get screwed up somehow....

Maybe future 1/48 DX VF-1's will not include the special stand....just the regular stand? 

Edited by jvmacross

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

Agreed... those gaps! really hope the final version is much tighter.

Hopefully they fix this, too:

flail.jpg.8caba2553df6de7d6acc31779a1205b0.jpg

The old Yammie 1/48 had that issue, I think.   The HMR also had it as well, iirc. 

It's like insecure tabbing or something.

The Yammie/Arcadia 1/60v2 don't have that issue, iirc.

In spite of everyone’s comments, whether they like it or not, I have a feeling everyone here and I mean everyone will end up getting one. I’m sure of that. That Y19000+ MSRP price is already a bargain compared to what everyone is buying nowadays. Another VF-1J in another scale wouldn’t hurt your collections and wallets. ^_^ 

5 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Is there someone who knows what this image means ?, and old Bandai 1/55 re-release or just a reminder what used to be back in the day ?, I don't know Japanese language :(

Just an acknowledgement of when and how the PT VF-1 journey started....36 years ago.......RESPECT! ^_^

Edited by jvmacross

3 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Is there someone who knows what this image means ?, and old Bandai 1/55 re-release or just a reminder what used to be back in the day ?, I don't know Japanese language :(

I’m pretty sure it’s just a history telling from the old Takatoku DX to current DX announcement. Nothing reissues announcement. 

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

In spite of everyone’s comments, whether they like it or not, I have a feeling everyone here and I mean everyone will end up getting one. I’m sure of that. That Y19000+ MSRP price is already a bargain compared to what everyone is buying nowadays. Another VF-1J in another scale wouldn’t hurt your collections and wallets. ^_^ 

Some of us will keep to the collector's code on this one! :drinks:

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So true :D

10 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Just an acknowledgement of when and how the PT VF-1 journey started....36 years ago.......RESPECT! ^_^

Oh I see, I was hoping that it was going to be included in this 1/48 valk as Anniversary bonus......nah just kidding :D

Edited by Alex GS

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Aye... was planning on waiting for a 1S, but don't think I'll be able to resist this one.

2 minutes ago, Actar said:

Aye... was planning on waiting for a 1S, but don't think I'll be able to resist this one.

Same here. I'm sure I'll be hoppin' aboard the hype train for this one. Assuming I can get a preorder.