Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I re-watched SDFM earlier this year. If Bandai sticks to the current accessory paradigm, we should only be offered an Armored accessory set. I believe that we didn't see Super Packs in the show until after Hikaru inherited Roy's VF-1S.  

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

:lol:

That is now a time honored Japanese tradition....no RED tipped missiles will ever be packed into a TV armor pack....it's in the BW contract! :p

Which explains why the upcoming KC 1/72 Super VF-1S will have the correctly colored missile tips....it's licensed by Harmony Gold! ;)

I just want the Budweiser missile.

31 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I re-watched SDFM earlier this year. If Bandai sticks to the current accessory paradigm, we should only be offered an Armored accessory set. I believe that we didn't see Super Packs in the show until after Hikaru inherited Roy's VF-1S.  

Never stopped Yamato.....:rolleyes:

Yamato-1-60-MACROSS-VF-1J-SUPER-VALKYRIE

5237d9869976f984336596e2256f4107.image.5

YAMA_VF-1J_WITH_SUPER_PART.jpg

20 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I need a lot more pics of fighter mode, but right now I'm thinking the 1/60 is better in that regard. 

Agree with you David. Yamato's VF-1 seems to have better proportions. Bandai's VF seems to lack the squared off shape in the nosecone where the canopy meets.

But battroid is looking very good. We definitely need more pics.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

20 minutes ago, peter said:

I just want the Budweiser missile.

Sorry....that'll only be available via a live onsite lottery during the 2021 Tamashii Nations Event....20 lucky collectors will have the privilege to buy it at 30,000 JPY.....NY will carry it but will offer IOU's 6 months later...store credit only!!!

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Sorry....that'll only be available via a live onsite lottery during the 2021 Tamashii Nations Event....20 lucky collectors will have the privilege to buy it at 30,000 JPY.....NY will carry it but will offer IOU's 6 months later...store credit only!!!

The sad/funny thing is that you are not that far off from reality :lol:

The reality of the vf-1 is any designer is going to have to make compromises and concessions in one mode or another (unless they want to do some seriously extreme parts swapping).  There is just way too much inconsistency between modes to get a perfect transformation toy to look anime-correct in all 3 modes.

I think the yamato/arcadia v2 has a very screen accurate (for the most part) fighter mode.  The battroid mode is overall too slim, but I still think it looks aesthetically pleasing, just not really accurate to how the vf-1 battroid is generally depicted.  

It looks like Bandai is focusing a bit more on battroid mode with this one, which is fine with me.

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

SDFMWalletGif.gif

Too lazy to do a better job.  Maybe Noel will step in.

Pretty cool.

2 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I have 3 remaining episodes to go for my rewatch of SDFM and just realized after watching it as a kid that they were never there.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Never stopped Yamato.....:rolleyes:

Yamato-1-60-MACROSS-VF-1J-SUPER-VALKYRIE

5237d9869976f984336596e2256f4107.image.5

YAMA_VF-1J_WITH_SUPER_PART.jpg

Interesting that v1 had DYRL arm armor and v2 had SDFM arm armor.  I wonder if Bandai will go the same route of HMR and give all of the Valkyries DYRL arm armor.

At this scale I wouldn’t mind a slightly articulated Hikaru pilot for the DX VF-1J.

50 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Interesting that v1 had DYRL arm armor and v2 had SDFM arm armor.  I wonder if Bandai will go the same route of HMR and give all of the Valkyries DYRL arm armor.

At this scale I wouldn’t mind a slightly articulated Hikaru pilot for the DX VF-1J.

The Yamato V1 Super VF-1J was not a TV type.....even the pilot was DYRL....some nobody pilot....lol

And no red tipped missiles either!

So kind of like the HMR Armored VF-1J.....100% DYRL!!!

IMG_8478.jpg

As for the Bandai DX VF-1J.....it better have the correct TV armor! 8)

On 7/19/2018 at 10:49 AM, Slave IV said:

1/48 works for me. I don't have the Yamato VF-1J Hikaru so it will go well with the other ones I do have.

@no3Ljm We need a new wallet gif! Closest I could find

*snip*

On 7/19/2018 at 7:21 PM, rdrunner said:

New wallet gif - yes please @no3Ljm :D

Im thinking of the TV OP where the -1J charges through the city in Gerwalk mode -> transforms to battroid -> rolls -> guns down a regult/wallet around the corner...:D

14 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

SDFMWalletGif.gif

Too lazy to do a better job.  Maybe Noel will step in.

That's a cool one, HardlyNever. ;)

I was also thinking about the same thing, rdrunner. But HardlyNever already used the original intro so I used a different source. ^_^

Here it is. Hope you guys like it. :rolleyes:

QuGwGIo.gif 

I'll probably do more over the weekend. ^_^

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I was also thinking about the same thing, rdrunner. But HardlyNever already used the original intro so I used a different source. ^_^

QuGwGIo.gif 

Is it too much to ask for Cel shaded cents flying out as it get hit and as it explodes

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

QuGwGIo.gif 

that's so horrible...

destroying wallets.

Macross is so violent against people's wallets.

Requesting a wallet animated GIF where the Quarter does a Macross attack on the Galaxy's wallet, and little destroids rise up from the Quarter's arm to fire bills into the Galaxy's wallet's interior, blowing up said wallet before the Frontier punches the Galaxy out.

=)

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

QuGwGIo.gif 

I like the turrets poking through :D.

I'm thinking about doing some from the pachinko machine animations (is that what this is from)?  There is a lot of good original mech action in those animations for most of the pilots.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

QuGwGIo.gif 

Hahahahaha! Fantastic! Thank you!

Looking forward to this and I hope Bandai sets new engineering standards for the VF-1. The waist joint, lateral movement on the hips and ankle pivot are welcomed and pretty much a requirement for a 2018/19 robot toy. At the moment I am hoping Bandai can add to that with T-bar-less transformation, double-jointed knees and possibly flip-out side covers.

As for the supposed 1/48 scale, I suppose it is down to Arcadia hogging 1/60 scale licence with premium re-releases. It would be nice to have the VF-1 scale properly with the other DX Valks, but on the flip side I could now potentially have a nice 1/48 display section with Chamber, Layzner, Actic Gear Votoms etc.

So generally a welcomed entry from my side, as I think Yamato/Arcadia VF-1s are a bit dated now and I haven't exactly been enamoured with Arcadia's "premium" business practices either.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

Looking forward to this and I hope Bandai sets new engineering standards for the VF-1. The waist joint, lateral movement on the hips and ankle pivot are welcomed and pretty much a requirement for a 2018/19 robot toy. At the moment I am hoping Bandai can add to that with T-bar-less transformation, double-jointed knees and possibly flip-out side covers.

As for the supposed 1/48 scale, I suppose it is down to Arcadia hogging 1/60 scale licence with premium re-releases. It would be nice to have the VF-1 scale properly with the other DX Valks, but on the flip side I could now potentially have a nice 1/48 display section with Chamber, Layzner, Actic Gear Votoms etc.

So generally a welcomed entry from my side, as I think Yamato/Arcadia VF-1s are a bit dated now and I haven't exactly been enamoured with Arcadia's "premium" business practices either.

All that  will be nice,maybe some "forward" shoulder movement as well. 

Hmm I would thk 1/48 scale should hold more detail and tampo? Or removable panels for mechanical details? Ejector seats? Ability to remove cockpit and dock with another valk? 

Heck in other words, everything the yammie had but with more tampo and articulation...

man I don't know whether to wish this to be so expensive, then I would have it easier to plan my budget .....

13 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i hope this is not a parts former with the nosecone

At that scale I'd say it's a safe bet this VF is not a parts-former. I'll bet it will use a system similar to their 1/72 kits. (as well this line art). B))

vf-1-transformation5.gif

While it may use that system, it does make one wonder how the nosecone can look so short while the head is simultaneously in the correct lower position, like there must be a gimmick just behind the pilot's seat allowing some of the mass there to move out of the way as the head swings up to avoid the Yamato V2 priest collar.

On 7/21/2018 at 5:29 AM, jvmacross said:

no3Ljm = King of Wallet Gifs

Accept no imitations!!!

:friends:

Hahaha! Thanks JVM! Just sharing what I love to do. :drinks:

On 7/21/2018 at 5:47 AM, seti88 said:

Nicely done noel. That explosion in the end, pretty much sums up the state of my wallet.

Same here, sir. Same here. Esp since this DX looks nice. Not sure if I'm going to dive in to another pool. IF ever, it's just Hikaru's rides. That's it for me. Hahaha! :lol: 

On 7/21/2018 at 6:41 AM, chyll2 said:

Is it too much to ask for Cel shaded cents flying out as it get hit and as it explodes

Yes. It's too much. Hahaha! :lol: I'll try to see what I can do on the next ones. ^_^

On 7/21/2018 at 7:06 AM, derex3592 said:

That's awesome Noel! 

Thank you sir! ;)

On 7/21/2018 at 7:49 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

that's so horrible...

destroying wallets.

Macross is so violent against people's wallets.

Aawww. You're not going to share this GIF anymore on the other site then, David? :unsure:

On 7/21/2018 at 8:19 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Requesting a wallet animated GIF where the Quarter does a Macross attack on the Galaxy's wallet, and little destroids rise up from the Quarter's arm to fire bills into the Galaxy's wallet's interior, blowing up said wallet before the Frontier punches the Galaxy out.

=)

I'll see what I can do, ma'am. ^_^ 

On 7/21/2018 at 8:28 AM, HardlyNever said:

I like the turrets poking through :D.

I'm thinking about doing some from the pachinko machine animations (is that what this is from)?  There is a lot of good original mech action in those animations for most of the pilots.

Yes sir. It came from that animation clips. Yeah, there were some good action sequence in there. I'm thinking of making another one. How about Kakizaki's? ;) 

On 7/21/2018 at 10:33 AM, Slave IV said:

Hahahahaha! Fantastic! Thank you!

You're welcome sir! :)