Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

3.) now that I am engaged, I should start being more "responsible".

Must resist temptation. Oh boy, I imagine pre-order madness being crazy for this one. 

You must spend spend spend be for she become you CFO (Chief Financial Officer) :lol:

On other note: I already have all the 1/48 VF-1, but I'm will to give Bandai  version one or two try, if the price is reasonable.  OH it would be sweet if Bandai would make VF-1D, VT-1, and VE-1 in 1/48 scale, then I could die and gone to heaven. :wub:

Edited by Valkyrie2008

If it's truly 1:48 --- I'm gonna go 1st here and throw out a guess of $250-$275 MSRP (before shipping) USD price tag on this....going by the VF-31 and Drakken pricing. Anybody wanna guess? -- If it's less I'll be pleasantly surprised! :lol:

Edited by derex3592

Honestly, I wish this Bandai DX Chogokin VF-1J would be released in 1/55 scale, as a successor to the old Takatoku/Bandai chunky-monkeys.

At that scale, it would still sit fairly well next to the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 scale line, as well as the existing Bandai DX Chogokin releases for Macross Frontier, Delta, and the upcoming Plus.

Displaying a 1/55 VF-1J on the same Yeti stand or runway set would not look all that out of place with those other toys... whereas I feel at 1/48 scale the VF-1 would be just a bit too large. Granted, you could then display it with the Yamato 1/48 scale toys, but that is a far more limited selection to choose from.

8 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

If it's truly 1:48 --- I'm gonna go 1st here and throw out a guess of $250-$275 MSRP (before shipping) USD price tag on this....going by the VF-31 and Drakken pricing. Anybody wanna guess? -- If it's less I'll be pleasantly surprised! :lol:

I hope it would be that cheap and not enter the stratospheric prices of Arcadia (they've priced themselves out of my collection)

9 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Honestly, I wish this Bandai DX Chogokin VF-1J would be released in 1/55 scale, as a successor to the old Takatoku/Bandai chunky-monkeys.

At that scale, it would still sit fairly well next to the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 scale line, as well as the existing Bandai DX Chogokin releases for Macross Frontier, Delta, and the upcoming Plus.

Displaying a 1/55 VF-1J on the same Yeti stand or runway set would not look all that out of place with those other toys... whereas I feel at 1/48 scale the VF-1 would be just a bit too large. Granted, you could then display it with the Yamato 1/48 scale toys, but that is a far more limited selection to choose from.

Also quoted for truth, I wouldn't mind if this was an amazing revival of the old 1/55 line as well. I think it'd play well from a nostalgia perspective AND scale better with the current line of 1/60'ish Valkyries.

And considering that I sold every single 1/48 I owned years ago I don't have anything in that scale.

But I'm still planning on buying 1...or 2. B))

-b.

29 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

And considering that I sold every single 1/48 I owned years ago I don't have anything in that scale.

I think that's part of why they went 1/48. It's a common model scale, and there's no valkyrie competition in the scale aside from the old Yamato 1/48 figures.

Plus the thing they have for similar sized figures, rather than in-scale figures. The DX Koenig Monster is actually smaller than the HMR Monster.

33 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

This DX VF-1 is technically the direct successor to the Takatoku 1/55 VF-1 "DX"....Bandai has not really done anything with the VF-1 at this scale since they acquired the Takatoku 1/55 molds in 1984/85 so it's long overdue....Bandai basically abandoned Macross for years....opting to just release 1/55 reissues....then Yamato came along and the rest was history.....in short, Yamato took all the risks in rebooting the DX VF-1 toyline and made Macross hot again....now with Yamato out of the way and Arcadia apparently unable to release a V 3.0 VF-1.....

Bandai's current love for Macross shows no signs of stopping....looking forward to what comes next

Y’all are crazy. Everyone knows bigger is better lol ;)

The VF-1 is so small it really pops at 1/48; 1/35 would be beast mode. Wish I had the modeling skills to build the 1/20 that was recently released. 

4 minutes ago, Scyla said:

What are the chances we will get a VF-1S with DYRL Super Strike Parts? I would buy one (preferably Max or Hikaru) as a display piece for my office. 

I'm pretty sure additional releases will depend on how well this one sells.  That said, I would say it is highly unlikely Bandai made this new mold with the intent of only making one.  If this one does even moderately well, I'm pretty sure we'll see more.  You can also see Bandai designed places for super parts (because that is basically standard practice for any new VF-1 at this point).  So they will probably make super parts at some point.

To answer your question more specifically, I don't think you ever see Max's VF-1S with super/strike parts in DYRL,  just his VF-1A. Bandai generally only sticks to on-screen appearances (even if they make changes between the toy and how it looked on screen).

If I didn't have so many Yamato 1/48... I'd consider it. Main issue though,  it's never just 'the one'. They're bound to want to milk the molds and announce the entire TV squadron. You'd find yourself collecting yet another line. Not sure if the collectors, myself included who already have more than enough1/48 would go for the entire line. (Knowing full well your 1/48 Yammies won't be worth peanuts if / when Bandai announces the entire squadron.)<_<

5 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

If I didn't have so many Yamato 1/48... I'd consider it. Main issue though,  it's never just 'the one'. They're bound to want to milk the molds and announce the entire TV squadron. You'd find yourself collecting yet another line. Not sure if the collectors, myself included who already have more than enough1/48 would go for the entire line. (Knowing full well your 1/48 Yammies won't be worth peanuts if / when Bandai announces the entire squadron.)<_<

2897229-9939923796-latest

Figures they would go and release the single 1/48 Yammie I ever got :p  Eh, I'm game, pre-order madness notwithstanding.

Basically looks like a scaled-up HMR, really, which isn't all bad, but I hope they manage to get the gunpod level.  Also, I'm seeing folding leg fins, and hardpoints included, and maybe a working airbrake.  On the down side, looks like it's got shades of the old Yammie 1/48 bulbous canopy as well, but it's hard to judge just from the single angle they give.

Will have to see how it pans out.

Here's the order I think they will go with --  TV VF-1J, TV Super Parts/ TV VF-1S, More TV Supers, DYRL VF-1S Hikaru with Strike Supers  maybe DYRL VF-1S with Strike Supers... then I'm stumped..I don't think TV Max and Kaki would sell well enough, maybe a TV/DYRL Cannon Fodder like they did with HM-R?  THEN they might go to two seaters, and if they do that...well I'm getting a VF-1D for sure!  After that...who knows.. ELINT and OSTRICH? 

However.....the question no one is asking is....ARE they gonna do REGULTS in the new scale????:o

Edited by derex3592

So... in my head, I am thinking the VF-1J will end up costing around $200 - $250.

Then comes Super Parts for $100 - $150.

And then Strike Parts for another $100 - $150.

And then Armored Parts for $200 - $250.

Maybe you get lucky and get a combined Super/Strike Parts.... maybe.

I just fear that a single VF-1J plus accessories ends up running as much as $800.

I just got home and I'm already looking at my Arcada vf-1s with "inferior" eyes.  I'm not really sure what to do, as they still are very attractive molds.  Fortunately, I only have two, so I'm not too invested in the line.

I wonder how their prices will hold up after this new one comes out?  I'm afraid to get rid of them before actually getting this in-hand.

Going TV accurate at this scale is a very good plan.

I’m in the waiting to see more camp for now, although I do have an SDF-TV sized hole to fill in my collection after downsizing a number of times. I had been thinking of doing the TV thing with HM-R only. If I can get some larger sized Valks too...well...it’s nice to have options.;)

4 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Going TV accurate at this scale is a very good plan.

I’m in the waiting to see more camp for now, although I do have an SDF-TV sized hole to fill in my collection after downsizing a number of times. I had been thinking of doing the TV thing with HM-R only. If I can get some larger sized Valks too...well...it’s nice to have options.;)

Hard to tell from the fighter pic but it looks, as with the Yamato 1/48, the canopy is DYRL....I assume they will include TV hands....but right now those are DYRL as well....

VF1_canopy_variants.jpg

The interior cockpit is also unique between the TV and DYRL....

TV

xBxRu.gif

DYRL

vf-1-dyrl-cockpit2.gif