Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Yea i tot it would be the same as the model kit. Tho that isnt encouraging, as i thk the model kit wasnt that well received, due to proportions and look of the stance, if i recall...

Must be a problem of scale. At bigger size, they can overengineered the overengineered stuff. :rolleyes:

I am really really torn in regards to getting this.

I am already collecting the Yamato Arcadia 1/60, Bandai HMR, and Toynami 1/100 scale toys... and I have the Bandai DX 1/60 scale YF-19 on pre-order.

Starting in on a Bandai DX 1/48 too... when:

1.) I am out of shelf space

2.) I am feeling poor from having spent so much on Macross toys since March,  and

3.) now that I am engaged, I should start being more "responsible".

Must resist temptation. Oh boy, I imagine pre-order madness being crazy for this one. 

Still not convinced, especially regarding the scale. Design-wise, seems it shares a lot with the HMR (at least as far as the torso/arms are concerned). Really don't know what to think about this one. I still have all my old 1/48s Yammies and like them a lot as display pieces. Not to mention all my 1/60, Yamarcadias V1, V2, the 1/48's, HMR,  the  vintage (yes, I tend to keep everything...even the 'not so great' pieces..)

Also, what if they start releasing the entire squadron in that scale? Is it going to be ¥30000 pop? More?. Wasn't it supposed to be part of the DX Chogokin line? The 1/35 from a few years back, I would've considered, it looked different enough, really detailed etc. This one though, not so sure. Its more akin to a'DX HMR" than anything else? :unsure:....It'll most likely be a pass for me however nice (or crap...) it turns out to be.

God F--cking Dammit all..... now I have to re-do my year-end budget for this.

On the plus side I have a spare Gummy 1/48 Yammy DYRL pilot that I'm going to slap into this sucker.

Edited by Duymon

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Let's repost the video here, shall we. ;)

It has a waist swivel joint on the nosecone. I wonder if this going to use a swivel bar for the legs. And if so, how it will rotate at the same time with the nosecone. I wonder.

This is always the millions dollars question when a new toy line on VF-1 is released. 

1 hour ago, MikeRoz said:

Also curious if this will be the only one or I should wait for the color schemes I actually like.

I think the odds of there being other color schemes released is about the same as the odds of the sun coming up again tomorrow.

I'm going to sit this one out until the VF-1S Hikaru Strike is released. I'm not sure I want to diverge from 1/60 since it took so long to force myself to focus on only 1/60.

holy damn !!, will be the best VF in my opinion , I'm pretty sure will be way less cost than a Arcadia VF premium , way better heft (heft will actually exists), and way better markings and details, still not know if this will be a TWE :( , will definitely try to get one if not.  

i'm still taking this in.  yamato's V2 is 10 years old.  a solid decade of dominance and a solid decade where almost all premium macross valks have followed the 1/60 scale.  Even most DX chogokins are  1/60 ish.  U guess this is 1/48 because a 1/48 VF-1 is roughly the size of a say DX chogokin VF-31 or so...so i'd expect the same price points etc.  i mean i would have preferred the larger 1/35ish scale super premium fig so i could get just one. haha...also i'm sure it would have had more premium features.  this thing though...appears to have solved the waist issue plaguing VF-1 since the chunky monkey days...we all saw the waist swivel in the show (heck actually they ab crunch too but thats just too much to ask a plan fusealage to bend) and it's never been able to in toy form.  basically the nosecone area under teh cockpit swivels.  that must mean the "t bar" (i'll call it) that carries the legs must in fact have a rotation joint too or else the legs would not rotate with the nose cone.  i actually have worked out in my head how this could work (conceptually its not difficult at all how this could work) years ago and i'm happy someone is actually doing it!  lets hope this release is a high quality one...otherwise i'm gonna be wishing for a bigger more premium SOC VF-1 soon after.  haha.  Arcadia's VF-1 dominance is likely up and its likely they knew it was coming...hence they keep rereleasing hero valks with a few bucks worth of tampo more and jacking up the price to eek every last cent out of that 10+ year old investment they made when they were still yamato.  sadly i doubt bandai will release the entire lineup of valks the way yamato did (still waiting on HMR to even come close to catching up there but at least hmr gave us zentran mecha and destroids)...from obscure 2 second birds like the cavaliers to specials like the VT-1 super ostrich (which i never tracked down the yamato one....that and the vf-1s max dyrl are the only ones i wanted that i never tracked down).  For now...gimme that 1J!  to me its still the most iconic valk (even more than roy's skull one).  i do hope roy's vf-1S will follow with super and strike packs of course!

I'd like to see more pics and the price before committing to it.

Was also hoping for the 1/35. Idealy I'd buy one or two new 1/48, but not a whole new line. I covered all my bases with the 1/60 Yamato/Arcadia.

21 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'd like to see more pics and the price before committing to it.

Was also hoping for the 1/35. Idealy I'd buy one or two new 1/48, but not a whole new line. I covered all my bases with the 1/60 Yamato/Arcadia.

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!