Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

21 minutes ago, Sildani said:

The 31 Siegfried has ratcheted hips. 

I’d love to see that on the YF-19. Ball socketed just seems like it would be problematic over time. Heck my VF-25F was sold because of its loose hips. 

Dang man, we could have helped you get those hips tight again. I use either clear nail polish or future floor polish on the ball that connects the leg and hip together and it has worked out great for me over the years. there was also some other mod that involved rubber but I never tried that one, the idea was to add some friction to the joint via the thin piece of rubber that was added.

54 minutes ago, Loop said:

Dang man, we could have helped you get those hips tight again. I use either clear nail polish or future floor polish on the ball that connects the leg and hip together and it has worked out great for me over the years. there was also some other mod that involved rubber but I never tried that one, the idea was to add some friction to the joint via the thin piece of rubber that was added.

Yeah I know that future floor polish but it was never enough. The crotch piece never locked solid either for me. At the end of the day I realized that my true passion lay with Macross II & Plus though.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:22 AM, Chronocidal said:

The Arcadia's shoulder pads also slide upwards though.  I've never had any trouble with the range of motion on the existing shoulders, they were just fragile at first. :lol: 

Thanks man, I never discovered that articulation until you said that.  I popped that shoulder pad off and right there was the sliding channel inside of it to move up and down.  

• 6 months later...

Here's the Tamashii page linked in the video, so this is 100% legit: https://tamashii.jp/special/macross/vf-1j/

Edit: It's interesting that they're not going to be the same 1/60 scale as the rest of the DX Chogokin Valkyries. Then again, 1/48 means not competing with Yamato/Arcadia (except the old Yamato 1/48s), and makes it more equal in size to the 1/60 Valkyries of the later series (Frontier/Delta). Probably easier to design in gimmicks and detail as well.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Upon closer inspection, this thing looks articulate as hell.

• What appears to be a waist pivot at the top/back of the nosecone.
  • The forward joints under the hips also appear to have some sideways motion to them.
  • Feet seem to have some ankle tilt left-right, rather than just forward/back.

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oh holy hell! Is the preorder coming up on the 27th. And does that text on the Yamasaki page mean it is or is not an exclusive?

https://tamashii.jp/special/macross/vf-1j/ PREORDERS ON THE 27TH!

Edit* Not sure if it is a regular release, after i translated it further...it says ban on regular shops?!

Edited by seti88

Posted in the other thread, but it'll probably get deleted because this exists:

Upon closer inspection, this thing looks articulate as hell.

• The forward joints under the hips also appear to have some sideways motion to them.

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Upon closer inspection, this things look articulate as hell.

Also looks like it has a gun strap, and a seam line near the tip of the nose cone, similar to the HMR version.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

4 minutes ago, Swoosh said:

"一般店頭にて予約解禁"

"Lift the pre-order ban on retail store"

Yeah, that sounds like it will be available to retailers. It’s a “limited edition” that won’t be tamashi web exclusive. 

Edited by Slave IV

12 minutes ago, seti88 said:

If so, then its gonna be pre-order madness! I suppose this would come out around christmas right?

Should be. But if you purchase it from Nippon-Yasan, probably around March. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure with the scale though. But... we will see. :lol:

Let's repost the video here, shall we. ;)

It has a waist swivel joint on the nosecone. I wonder if this going to use a swivel bar for the legs. And if so, how it will rotate at the same time with the nosecone. I wonder.

48 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Posted in the other thread, but it'll probably get deleted because this exists:

Upon closer inspection, this thing looks articulate as hell.

Yeah i wonder how that waist swivel is gonna hold up in fighter and gerwalk...hope it doesnt get loose over time and self rotate!

tho battroid looks cool now the valk can do a body turn, wings at the back will still hinder it somehow..

Edited by seti88

7 minutes ago, enphily said:

It can be system like on the VF-1 1/72  model from Bandai

So you're saying there's a possibility that it's not Perfect Transformation then?

Edit: I didn't reload the page so it's missing the photo.

Edited by no3Ljm

25 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If I recall the old 1/48 Yamato had a retractable antenna. 

This is correct, it is integrated on the toy as well. The one from this DX version looks better but I am not sure if it can be integrated to the toy.

Reservations are lifted at the general store from Friday, July 27!  

Would take that to mean regular release.    

Now what are the odds also it will come with clown hands? Cant wait for the tamashii special page to come out next week...

*And yes the inevitable sticker shock!